Thread: Zenbook issue

Thanks

Zenbook issue

I've got an Asus Zenbook UX32A and I've got a weird issue where sometimes when I start it up, or switch the screen off, or close the lid, etc. the screen won't show an image, the backlight will be on but it'll just be a black screen, I've tried reinstalling windows, I've tried a different version of windows, I've even installed windows on a different drive and still it happens, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be or how I could fix it? It's been happening since I got it but I think it's more frequent now, and it's no longer covered by the warranty.
    Spec:
    i5 3317U
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD
    22GB mSATA SSD
    OS's I've tried: Windows 7, 8, 8.1

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Zenbook issue

when you reinstalled windows did you download the extra drivers from the asus website?

I recall that you need special stuff for the asus "3 seconds" wake thing to work.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Zenbook issue

I have a UX32A and this happens to me a lot. The simplest workaround I found was to put the laptop to sleep when it happens, then wake it up again. It's a shame really, I love this thing, but there are a bunch of annoying little things like this which I wish just werent there.

Thread Information