Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legalisation of Cannabis

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks

Legalisation of Cannabis

Drugs are fun, but they are also dangerous. Some believe that drugs are totally wrong, but I disagree with them. I read somewhere recently a quote stating "If I have one pint with friends I am a social drinker. If I take one pill I am a drug addict with a problem."

Whaddya think?

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Never touched em, never will. I consider the fact that you need them means you are a weak willed individual with an unforfilled life who needs escapism. I am pretty content with the way i am and dont feel the need for them, be it tabacco or weed or stronger.

That's the way i live anyway, hasnt done me wrong so far. I dont feel im missing out on any "life experience" in anyway, infact i feel quite the opposite - more happy about myself knowing i have the strength to refuse the peer pressure.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Heh, Bindi you need to relax your views, I don't do drugs and never have but i've been in a room where lots of people where smoking dope and i have to say watching stoned people is funny enough in itself.

It works for some people shouldn't critise something that you've never tried. The trouble i have with the current laws is Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug that cannabis and if we had discovered alcohol now it would probably be criminalised.

Yet I love drinking. If i think of that as an addiction, yet would you call me weakwilled too?.

TiG

Thanks
    I think im closer to Bindibadgis' opinion here, I think far too many people are reliant on drugs (INCLUDING alcohol.) Ive never touched drugs (but my brother more than makes up for that) and I drink far less than most people my age.
    I would have to say that any form of addiction could be interpreted as said person being weak willed, but it takes a lot of mental strongness to overcome any addiction so maybe not.

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net
    Alcohol is enough to keep me happy, ensures everyone has a good time most of the time
    Drugs just aren't my thing, weed is boring and I don't feel the need to try pills. I also don't have friends that do them and wouldn't give in to any pressure if i did, rather i'd give them a big fat slap.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    realistically, only happy well adjusted people with no hangups should take drugs, cos if u got any issues, drugs will usually magnify them beyond proportion

only problem is...happy, well adjusted individuals with no hangups generally have no need for drugs

my 2p - everything in moderation...including moderation
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

TiG
    Thanks
    I really hope you guys are younger than me and have less life experience, I have no problem seeing your view, but i personally find it very difficult to say that the drugs are bad view has much credibility unless you are above 21/22

Don't ask me why its just the age that a whole lot of things make sense, its when i personally believe people mature to make these sort of decisions rationally.

I don't see what Happy well adjusted has to do with taking drugs, especially if you include alcohol in that view. People take drugs and drink for more reasons that to get away from things.

I like drinking because it gives me chance to throw off my inhibitions that keep me in check 99% of the time. But then sometimes i get stressed, having a drink is a good way for me to relax and remove the stress taking me back to happy and adjusted.

Feel free to disagree, i just want you to at least read my point...

Thanks
    TiG

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    np tig, ur point taken - altho i'm certainly not saying drugs are bad cos for one thing that would make me a hypocrite. imho its all down to personal choice & self-control in knowing ur own limits & at least trying not to overstep them too often

i just speak from my own experience as someone who isn't happy & well adjusted & has a few hangups & have found that certain drugs (not initially, but eventually) have made some problems worse
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    I dont like drugs but if your going to do something like smoke weed you should at least choose to do so yourself instead of letting friends lead you into it

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    OK. Seems a couple of people dont understand this.

Alcohol is a drug too. IMHO it's one of the most dangerous, destructive and addictive drugs we know of.

Thoughts?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Alchohol is a horrible drug, and one that i love.It destroys your liver kidneys and brain and anything you smack off a wall while drunk.

It makes you feel invincible, there is no safe limit that can be applied to everyone that isn't 0 as it affects everyone differently.

It can be very addictive and is readily availdable to people under age (myself included)

Thanks
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    OK. Seems a couple of people dont understand this.

Alcohol is a drug too. IMHO it's one of the most dangerous, destructive and addictive drugs we know of.

Thoughts?
    Indeed.

36 deaths in 2000 from Ecstasy while there were 1,595 alcohol-related deaths in Scotland alone in 1999.

Makes you think doesnt it ?

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    There are some shocking statistics in the UK:
    An All-Party Group of MPs investigating alcohol and crime was advised by the British Medical Association that alcohol is a factor in:

* 60-70% of homicides
    * 75% of stabbings
    * 70% of beatings
    * 50% of fights and domestic assaults

The Police Superintendents advised that alcohol is present in half of all crime.

The National Association of Probation Officers advised that 30% of offenders on probation and 58% of prisoners have severe alcohol problems and that alcohol is a factor in their offence or pattern of offending.
    http://www.ias.org.uk/factsheets/crime.htm

Frightening, isn't it? And people argue against legalising cannabis
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

TiG
    Thanks
    I knew it would play a large factor but not the large, those figures are astonishing...

TiG

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    It's absurd, dont you think? It amazes me that people (normally Daily Mail and the like) bang on about drugs this and cannabis that. You only need to look at those figures to work out who the real culprit is...

Thanks
    Yes, but alchohol is readily available to the general public and has somehow managed to be accepted by society. Other drugs are still ostracised (sp?) by many and are considered to be more dangerous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information