Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Support this! You should be ashamed!!!!

herbalist
    Thanks
    when people are saying that it is only 6 amerikkkan troops doing the torture, how can you be sure it was only 6? many, many more incidents may/have occured but have never been brought to light. if anything does occur in the future, it aint likely for it to come to light anymore. i mean, take that Guantanamo (sp?) Bay place, the way the prisoners are kept and treated borders on torture anyway. held without charge for crimes the 'authorities' either invent or embellish to get a prosecution. how many innocents could be held there at this point in time?! they are not allowed access to a lawyer, no contact with family or friends and kept and treated like animals. that is torture.
    and as for what has just been revealed in the papers; when i saw the pictures it made me feel physically sick, i had to fight it back. how can forces who claim to be liberating the country have any authority over them after it has been shown there are ulterior (sp?) motives for this. oil and power seem to have taken over from the original invented 'mission objectives' of peace and liberation. these people are being treated worse than they would have been under Saddam. the sooner the occupation ends and the Iraqi's are left to resolve the problems caused by the invasion in their country in their own way, the better it will be for everyone.
    the yanks fail to see that they are not being attacked by terrorists in Iraq, they are being attacked by people trying to defend their own country and way of life. the amerikkkans hold their way of life so proudly, with their so-called 'land of the free', they fail to see other nations also desire freedom to act in their own way, be it free from western ideals or values. i'm pretty damn sure that in the very rare situation of the UK being taken over by yanks, a lot of people here would attack them too to defend our way of life. cultural differences is a phrase bush has probably never heard.

sorry for the rant and goin a bit off-topic, but this is a subject i hold passionately to my heart.
    peace.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPiggy
    I can't. What i said at the top of the post was that I hope people don't take this as evidence that this is official policy or portraying the US troops in the way we've become accustomed to.

My only position here is that all these people whether they be Troops or contracters be held responsible for their actions. If, as DaBeeeeenster suggests this is not happening in the case of the contracters then something needs to be done about it.
    I don't buy into the theory that the contracters are there specifically for that purpose.
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...7&section=news
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two Iraqi prisoners were murdered by Americans and 23 other deaths are being investigated in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States revealed on Tuesday as the Bush administration tried to contain growing outrage over the abuse of Iraqi detainees.

"The actions of the soldiers in those photographs are totally unacceptable and un-American," Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said of humiliating images in the media of Iraqi prisoners. "Any who engaged in such action let down their comrades who serve honorably each day and they let down their country."

Army officials said the military had investigated the deaths of 25 prisoners held by American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan and determined that an Army soldier and a CIA contractor murdered two prisoners. Most of the deaths occurred in Iraq.

An official said a soldier was convicted in the U.S. military justice system of killing a prisoner by hitting him with a rock, and was reduced in rank to private and thrown out of the service but did not serve any jail time.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said a private contractor who worked for the CIA was found to have committed the other homicide against a prisoner.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    hey!

isn't there this great court in iraq being set up for the trial of some guy who violated the human rights of iraqis & killed a bunch of them?

isn't that the most appropriate course fo action for those responsible? anything less might be considered hypocritical.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information