Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outsource This! Iraqi Interrogators.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.
    Well Dabeenster isn't right on that front, so I couldn't agree LESS

The simple fact is this......

Iraq is occupied for its own good.....

if we DO pull out and leave it, when we're supposed too...in les than 6 weeks...(I believe...might be less than 2 weeks) then you watch it fall apart.

Watch the Gangsters take over like in Russia....the "old USSR" is in a nightmare state.....cos no noe took over and looked after such simple things as "Law and Order" for the public.

If we wanted to take Sadam out , which we did, then once he's gone, someone else new will try to take power.

If the state of Iraq's political opposition was strong(ish) like it is here, or in the USA then no worries...few more politicians on th news and a bit more tax...

but not in Iraq.....new regime, more "hidden and inhouse" terror on the public, more subjugation.

I believe we in the West are more in control of Iraq right now than it will be when we walk out...

I hope I'm rthe wrongest man alive....I truly do.

BUT if Sadam DID have some nasty WOMD hidden and someone knows where, or someone has power over the people he used to have power over.....they'll be in like a shot, take over the country, and hold Iraq to ransom again.

What IF...just IF.....the syndicates from Russia moved in.....we're talking the people who in just a few short years have become multiple BILLIONAIRES in Russia from organised crime.....serious power....real power.

We'd be back to square one.

So thats the reason we are in control (to what ever level) in Iraq....cos its gonna fall apart without it.

UN Peacekeeper....it sounds like a lie if you belief all the press....UN and Peacekeeper sound Mutually Exclusive.....

nope, the buggers are doing there best........its just more publiced that the old regime of murder, torture and terror!

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks

What an arrogant assertion. so the civilisation that brought us modern medicine needs what help exactly?

if we DO pull out and leave it, when we're supposed too...in les than 6 weeks...(I believe...might be less than 2 weeks) then you watch it fall apart.

It should never have been occupied in the first place, by jumped up cowboys with no exit strategy

Watch the Gangsters take over like in Russia....the "old USSR" is in a nightmare state.....cos no noe took over and looked after such simple things as "Law and Order" for the public.

hmmm dunno what your logic into this one is.

If we wanted to take Sadam out , which we did, then once he's gone, someone else new will try to take power.

Democracy entails the people of Iraq choosing their leader, not the US doing it again like they did with Saddam.

If the state of Iraq's political opposition was strong(ish) like it is here, or in the USA then no worries...few more politicians on th news and a bit more tax...

What, you mean the Kurds? There is no opposition at the moment, they are all being jailed.

but not in Iraq.....new regime, more "hidden and inhouse" terror on the public, more subjugation.

Dont understand your point again..

I believe we in the West are more in control of Iraq right now than it will be when we walk out...

This statement is self-eviden, read it again, makes no sense.

BUT if Sadam DID have some nasty WOMD hidden and someone knows where, or someone has power over the people he used to have power over.....they'll be in like a shot, take over the country, and hold Iraq to ransom again.

Dunno what your logic is here on this one again, assumption???

What IF...just IF.....the syndicates from Russia moved in.....we're talking the people who in just a few short years have become multiple BILLIONAIRES in Russia from organised crime.....serious power....real power.

fantasy

So thats the reason we are in control (to what ever level) in Iraq....cos its gonna fall apart without it.

UN Peacekeeper....it sounds like a lie if you belief all the press....UN and Peacekeeper sound Mutually Exclusive.....

Dont know what your point is here again, look at the UN declarations etc, they are not mutually exclusive.

nope, the buggers are doing there best........its just more publiced that the old regime of murder, torture and terror!

Hmmm very suspect logic again, wrong is wrong.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33
    This entire post makes no sense.
    Why is Dabeenster not right again? I don't think you answered it.
    Last edited by GreenPiggy; 17-05-2004 at 02:13 PM.
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPiggy
    This entire post makes no sense.
    Why is Dabeenster not right again? I don't think you answered it.
    I don't think that smilie is necessary.

Thanks
    Apologies, I have become addicted to the new ones
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    The problem is, Trig, that the people being held in Iraq have nothing to do with 9/11. Between 70% to 90% of those being held have not committed any crimes at all (or so the ICRC estimates).

My question is, what gives anyone the right to occupy a country and treat people in a manner that they would not treat their own citizens?

The 9/11 bit was just hypothetical....

Also I didnt say that the US the UK or anyother country has any right to occupy any country or mistreat it citizens....
    They dont...

Thanks
    Is this an argument about the justification of interrogation techniques or the justification of the War in Iraq ? - I'm getting confused here

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by Skii
    Is this an argument about the justification of interrogation techniques or the justification of the War in Iraq ? - I'm getting confused here
    You may not be, but I think Zak is...

As far as I'm concerned, it's about interrogation and torture. I was in favour of the removal of the Ba'athist regime by force and still am. Being in favour of that does not mean that I am in favour of the brutalisation of Iraqi citizens; I don't agree with the extent to which our rights in this country have been abrogated in the name of antiterrorism, and we're a hell of a lot better off than some poor sod locked up and tortured when there's a probability of between 70-90% that they've done nothing wrong. And even if they HAD done something wrong, I still don't believe that torture is an appropriate response.

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    Originally about the fact that they are advertising for mercenaries for interrogations in Iraq.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33
    Well Dabeenster isn't right on that front, so I couldn't agree LESS

The simple fact is this......

What does all that have to do with US sanctioned torture?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    My question is, what gives anyone the right to occupy a country and treat people in a manner that they would not treat their own citizens?
    Sorry guys.....I forgot what we were first discussing....my fault

I was repsonding to that bit /\ from Dabeenster and Niko's agreement .....and got carried away....shall get back on track in a mo...promise

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    I'll wait until someone else (can see RVF and Trig here now) responds before I get myself slid back in the thick of it.....

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig
    The 9/11 bit was just hypothetical....
    We aren't talking hypothetically though, are we!
    Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig
    Also I didnt say that the US the UK or anyother country has any right to occupy any country or mistreat it citizens....
    They dont...
    What are you saying then? We are talking about Iraqi's in Iraq being tortured. I'm not talking about Osama Bin Laden. I'm talking about the goings on in Iraq.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    It seems that the propoganda machine has been fairly successful in blurring the lines between Iraq and Osama.
    Dont people realise that Saddam was a secular leader and fought Iraq to keep the militant islamism out of his country, among other reasons.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Goat Boy
    Thanks

Says it all really.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by Blub2k
    It seems that the propoganda machine has been fairly successful in blurring the lines between Iraq and Osama.
    Dont people realise that Saddam was a secular leader and fought Iraq to keep the militant islamism out of his country, among other reasons.
    Yeah, not least because OBL offered to top him for the CIA (they declined...go figure...)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information