Thread: Foriegn investment?

Thanks

Foriegn investment?

So I hear that Liverpool FC are to have a significant proportion of their shares bought by, wait for it... Thailand!

Not a compnay IN Thailand, or a Thai company but THE Thai government!.. Using public money!!

This raises a fair few issues, the main ones to my mind are that Thailand doesn't have the best of records regards human rights and also do Liverpool supporters really want a body (in this case a country) from abroad buying into their team?

As well as a question of the ethics of the Thai government, you have to ask what the motivation is for this, and also what should happen if the needs of the club conflict with the wishes of a major shareholder.

Chelski could be used as an example, but Abromovich (sp?) likes the limelight and publicity he gets buying up anything that can play... he's INTERESTED in the club for what it is, as well as an investment too, but a government? I don't think so..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Just another chapter in the long running comedy that is football finance.
    On a serious note I don't think Liverpool should refuse the money, a bit harsh on the people of Thailand as I imagine 60Million could pay for a fair few things.
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thanks
    Morgan should be allowed to buy the shares instead. I don't think the Thai guy is a true fan unlike Morgan, and there might be all sorts of conditions set on Liverpool as part of the purchase such as having to give youth/reserve team places to Thai players.

Thanks
    i think they probably will give the shares to him, makes more sense than the Thai deal at any rate
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thread Information