Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support this! You should be ashamed!!!!

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks

Support this? You should be ashamed!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in614063.shtml

Apparently Saddam practiced a nastier brand of torture, not the cuddly amerikkkan type.
    Link to pictures is above the pic of the general.
    Last edited by Blub2k; 30-04-2004 at 11:44 AM.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Well, I dunno why any1 finds it surprising that US troops would flout the geneeva convention in this way tbh. They broke a few international lawas when they started this invasion. Our forces are just as guilty tho, same thing happened end of last year when it came out about them hanging an iraqi soilder froma forklift truck and taking pictures of themselves standing next to him. IIRC the woman in the processing shop developed the photos of them and called the police.

Its just one disaster to the next with this war.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    I don't think you can read too much into this. It's very easy to say that this is another addition to the pile of antiwar and antibush sentiment but at the end of the day you have 6 soldiers out of 140,000 that have done this. If you infer from this that all American soldiers are torturing xenophobes then you're no better than the people who say all Asylum seekers are scroungers.
    Last edited by GreenPiggy; 30-04-2004 at 09:11 PM.
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Banned
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPiggy
    I don't think you can read too much into this. It's very easy to say that this is another addition to the pile of antiwar and antibush sentiment but at the end of the day you have 6 soldiers out of 140,000 that have done this. If you infer from this that all American soldiers are torturing xenophobes then you're no better than the people who say all Asylum seekers are scroungers.
    Well said that man.

Thanks
    I agree too - locking up people in Saddam's old torture prison, taking pictures of them thinking they'll be electrocuted if they fall off a box while blindfolded, making them pose for pictures as if they are having sex with other prisoners...
    Heck - they must feel right at home
    They must Thank God Saddam has gone....

Thanks
    As usual american's think they are so great. The geneva convention and intenational law doesn't apply to them.
    Twigman

Thanks
    How about this then?

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...9&section=news

I thought this part was particularly telling:

"God willing, the day will come when bodies of Americans and Jews will be dragged, humiliated and trampled in the Arabian peninsula, them and their tyrants and allies. The day will come, God willing, when we will destroy their bases over their heads and kick them out of our land," one statement by Muqrin said."

Now, a few Americans, very few...
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=5018315

...may have crossed the line and humiliated some Iraqi troops - we all agree that's wrong, and all superiors and supporters of the troops in general, condemn that action. Where though are the Islamic voices of condemnation of such actions as posted here? More than that, where are the voices of the mainstream Arab and/or Islamic leaders?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks
    I'm suprised people are shocked by this kinda thing tbh, soldiers need to have a certain, erm mental and ethical disposition in order to get the job done, however unPC that disposition is....
    This means that they do and will in the future do things to get there kicks/buzzes etc....

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigman
    As usual american's think they are so great. The geneva convention and intenational law doesn't apply to them.
    not all of it. the 1977 articles of the geneva conventions have not been ratified by the USA, and do not apply.

http://deoxy.org/wc/wc-proto.htm for the full text of that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant
    "God willing, the day will come when bodies of Americans and Jews will be dragged, humiliated and trampled in the Arabian peninsula, them and their tyrants and allies. The day will come, God willing, when we will destroy their bases over their heads and kick them out of our land," one statement by Muqrin said."
    Well at least they are honest about what thay plan to do to retain their 'Freedom'.

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig
    I'm suprised people are shocked by this kinda thing tbh, soldiers need to have a certain, erm mental and ethical disposition in order to get the job done, however unPC that disposition is....
    This means that they do and will in the future do things to get there kicks/buzzes etc....
    Exactly soldiers are only normal people who have been given the power to kill. And as we all know humans will do some pretty nasty things to each other if given half a chance.
    The fact that people seem so surprised that American or British soldiers are capable of such things shows that we have some kind of fake superiority complex. People seem to think that 'we' would never do things like that.

Thanks
    The recent set of pictures of British soldiers torturing one iraqi have been proven to be fake...

Not to say it doesn't happen, but the anti-war mob have a lot to answer for...

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    Not talking about the pics of British soldiers, they are the pics of US soldiers.
    Where is the proof they are not real? (pics of brits I mean.)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3681059.stm
    Yeah the way the "anti-war mob" insist on torturing prisoners and cluster-bombing villages is disgusting.

I don't think you can read too much into this. It's very easy to say that this is another addition to the pile of antiwar and antibush sentiment but at the end of the day you have 6 soldiers out of 140,000 that have done this. If you infer from this that all American soldiers are torturing xenophobes then you're no better than the people who say all Asylum seekers are scroungers
    No this is not what I said, that is what you choose to infer, interesting though the way your thinking works when you see my post. Anyway my point is that Saddam was allegedly removed for the same human rights abuses being perpetrated right now in Iraq by the "alleged" liberators, although I always knew that was a crock of shi*.
    The British army by the way according to Amnesty International has the best and most modern torture of anyone, they had lots of practice in Carrick.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    The recent set of pictures of British soldiers torturing one iraqi have been proven to be fake...

Not to say it doesn't happen, but the anti-war mob have a lot to answer for...
    I wouldn't start down that route as I think the Pro-war camp has a hell of a lot more to answer for.
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blub2k
    No this is not what I said, that is what you choose to infer, interesting though the way your thinking works when you see my post. Anyway my point is that Saddam was allegedly removed for the same human rights abuses being perpetrated right now in Iraq by the "alleged" liberators, although I always knew that was a crock of shi*.
    The British army by the way according to Amnesty International has the best and most modern torture of anyone, they had lots of practice in Carrick.
    I simply don't think it's valid to compare the two in the same breath. Like I said, we have 6 soldiers whose actions have been widely condemned by everyone and are probably going to be severely punished for their actions compared with a regime who happily tortured and killed millions of people.
    I don't think it should be brought into the wider argument of the rights and wrongs of the whole thing. It's an isolated incident and should be treated as such.

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    I simply don't think it's valid to compare the two in the same breath. Like I said, we have 6 soldiers whose actions have been widely condemned by everyone and are probably going to be severely punished for their actions compared with a regime who happily tortured and killed millions of people.
    I don't think it should be brought into the wider argument of the rights and wrongs of the whole thing. It's an isolated incident and should be treated as such.

I'm sorry that is apologist tripe you are talking, this IS part of the occupation and you will not talk it into anything else. It is not an isolated incident, did you see the pics of the Iraqis hanging in scramble nets from the forklift?
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Thanks
    The title of your thread is "support this? You should be ashamed!"
    No-one is supporting this.
    The soldiers concerned are being dealt with.
    It's not as if George is saying "tut tut boys" wink wink and sending them back to get on with it.
    It just seems like people want to use this to get on the back of the governments for political gain. If their response to it is correct, where is the problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information