14 46.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana: Was she murdered?

Goat Boy
    Thanks

Diana: Was she murdered?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3206486.stm

Diana 'feared car accident plot'
    Diana, Princess of Wales, feared the brakes of her car were going to be tampered with, 10 months before she died in a crash in a Paris tunnel, her former butler claims.

The princess allegedly wrote in a letter to Paul Burrell: "This phase in my life is the most dangerous".

She reportedly named a specific person who "is planning an accident in my car, brake failure and serious head injury in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry".

The letter, which Mr Burrell kept secret until now, has been published in the Daily Mirror.
    What do people think about this? Although I am skeptical, I think that Piers Morgan would not be publishing this if he wasn't pretty certain that they letters were geniune.

My position on the Royal Family has been made clear on these forums before, and I didn't much care for Diana when she was alive, but this story does seem bizarre to say the least.

Rational people do not go around thinking they are going to be bumped off...

Edit: I find the fact that there has been no official enquiry into her death a little odd as well.

The Royals eh? Sarah Ferguson is doing Slim-Fast ads here in Australia. About their level I'd say...
    Last edited by DaBeeeenster; 20-10-2003 at 09:36 AM.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Ravens Nest
    To me it seems i remember when i was little reading about king henry VIII where he had his wifes beheaded so he could remarry and always thought that there was no way that would happen in these more modern civilised times, but who knows if they are still like that or not, and if anyone crosses them whether they should watch there back or not?

Thanks
    Makes you wonder doesn't it !?

But I suppose having a pi55ed chauffeur didn't help ...

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    well, to be honest the whole thing sounded iffy to me at the time and it still does now. The investigation was a shambles (or a rather obvious cover up) and I dont think we have any real answers yet. I really doubt we will ever get the truth. I think given this story it would just arouse more suspision if charles actually married camilla. I would not be surprised to see it happen though ina few more years once everything quiets down and is swept under the carpet.

IMHO we should bin the royals anyway and they should get proper jobs like the rest of us. I dont see why these people should ive in luxury whilst there are people in this country who are homeless and not to mention the people that work hard but cant afford to even consider buying a house in the current market.
    I say bin them and stick the homeless and asylum seekers in there, would be a more practical use for those palaces.

Also what does every1 think about sophie and edward (sure it was these 2, but correct me if im wrong) paying £75 a week rent on that luxuary inner london apartment? bloody disgrace.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by G4Z

IMHO we should bin the royals anyway and they should get proper jobs like the rest of us. I dont see why these people should ive in luxury whilst there are people in this country who are homeless and not to mention the people that work hard but cant afford to even consider buying a house in the current market.
    I say bin them and stick the homeless and asylum seekers in there, would be a more practical use for those palaces.

Also what does every1 think about sophie and edward (sure it was these 2, but correct me if im wrong) paying £75 a week rent on that luxuary inner london apartment? bloody disgrace.
    Well said
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Originally posted by G4Z
    well, to be honest the whole thing sounded iffy to me at the time and it still does now. The investigation was a shambles (or a rather obvious cover up) and I dont think we have any real answers yet. I really doubt we will ever get the truth. I think given this story it would just arouse more suspision if charles actually married camilla. I would not be surprised to see it happen though ina few more years once everything quiets down and is swept under the carpet.

Can I vote for you ?

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    She was murdered by the papparazzi. If they hadn't been chasing her car she would be aive. I would have done them all for causing death by dangerous driving. Which is effectively murder in my eyes!

Thanks
    Originally posted by Big RICHARD
    She was murdered by the papparazzi. If they hadn't been chasing her car she would be aive. I would have done them all for causing death by dangerous driving. Which is effectively murder in my eyes!
    Nah sorry m8 -I don't buy that. No one forced the car to go that speed, and no one forced her chauffeur to be over the legal alcohol limit.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Skii
    Nah sorry m8 -I don't buy that. No one forced the car to go that speed, and no one forced her chauffeur to be over the legal alcohol limit.
    True, but tbh they shouldn't have chased her car. Was the chauffer over the drink drive limit? By far?

EDIT: It's ok, I've found it. He was over twice the uk limit and was 3.5 times the French limit
    Last edited by Big RICHARD; 20-10-2003 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Don't get me wrong, it was a situation that was definatley not helped by the Paparazzi, but having a driver with that level of alcohol in his bloodstream was just asking for trouble.

As a rule, we don't hesitate to lay the blame of an accident at the feet of a drunk driver, I don't see how this situation was any different.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Skii
    Don't get me wrong, it was a situation that was definatley not helped by the Paparazzi, but having a driver with that level of alcohol in his bloodstream was just asking for trouble.

As a rule, we don't hesitate to lay the blame of an accident at the feet of a drunk driver, I don't see how this situation was any different.
    Yeah, I have to agree there! So she was not only murdered by the paparazzi, but her own driver as well. Well as for drink driving goes, the driver is now where he belongs.......All drink drivers deserve what he got.

Thanks
    Drink spiked with some form of drug ??

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    The point of the thread is not to attribute blame, but to question whether there are more nefarious reasons for the situation that occured.

Thanks
    The 'truth', whatever it happened to be, may never really come out...

If an inquiry ever takes place, and I don't think it will, and conclude that it was an accident, there will be a lot of people crying foul. On the other hand, if the answer was due to driver error (under the influence of alcohol and being pursuited by 'papparazzi'), then I suppose William and Harry (and possibly the Crown) can claim massive damaged from the insurance and/or the employer of the driver.

If an open verdict is arrived, then we'd have a few more decades of arguments to listen to...

For god's sake! Can she be left alone? I'm sure that all this talk is very upsetting to the two Princes. You guys may think that this is of public interest. However, behind every 'public' story, there's a private side to the suffering. Let her rest in peace and let what's left of her family get on with their lives without the shadow of this keep being going on and on.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    It IS in the public interest. THEY ARE THE ROYAL FAMILY.

If they dont want the interest, they can abdicate. Simple, really, isn't it? Or do I have an inferiority complex again?

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    Sorta with Spike on this one. She's dead. Driver was p|ssed. No more needs to be said. Bringing this up again and again isn't going to help anyone.

Strange how it's taken Paul Burrell 6/7 years to let this one out? Why now? Book sales diminishing?

Utter bull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information