Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Burglars

Thanks
    Break into my house and you WILL get a crowbar wrapped around your head.....nuff said

Thanks
    I worked as a doorman for a while, dunno if that counts, I broke up plenty of fights.

4D cell Maglites pwn knives
    Recycling consultant

Thanks
    Hmm could make buggers carry weapons if they think people are likely to attack them.
    Making all drugs legal isnt the answer, have you been to amsterdam? what a ****e hole that place is, the worst capital city i have ever been too. Junkies keep coming up to you all the time.

I would like to have a simple intruder detection system which sends me an email to my mobile with a live feed on a couple of cameras in the house... several more years before something like that is common i guess. to much hasstle and expensive probably.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeps
    Break into my house and you WILL get a crowbar wrapped around your head.....nuff said
    Attack and seriously hurt a burglar who is no direct threat to you and you WILL go to prison. Since that would be a waste of my tax money, I'd ask you to show a little restraint, the prison service is overloaded as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mgh0
    I worked as a doorman for a while, dunno if that counts, I broke up plenty of fights.

4D cell Maglites pwn knives
    That counts I guess. Anyone else?

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumagoro
    Hmm could make buggers carry weapons if they think people are likely to attack them.
    Making all drugs legal isnt the answer, have you been to amsterdam? what a ****e hole that place is, the worst capital city i have ever been too. Junkies keep coming up to you all the time.
    That's probably because Holland is the only place in Europe with a halfway sensible attitude to drugs. As a result Amsterdam attracts far more than its fair share of junkies. If every city in Europe was the same they'd be so few of them about that they'd essentially be a non-problem.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Even obtaining a weapon to 'scare someone' could be seen as intent. It wasn't the first object you picked up, it was chosen specifically for the purpose of scaring someone.

The problem with trying to scare someone with a weapon is that if they call your bluff you then have to be prepared to use the aforementioned weapon and you have already shown intent.

Allowing homeowners to use ANY force against burglars (as suggested recently by someone, whose name I can't remember! in the press) would cause burglars to arrive at your house 'equipped' to stop the possibility of them being seriously maimed or killed in the course of their 'job'.

Punishment of burglars should be greater than it currently is, but then murderers only get 15 years, so that's a non-starter in the current climate!

The only law I would change is the the one that says that you have a duty of care for people in your house, IF those people have entered your house illegally. I might also be for a change in the law with regards to where 'reasonable' lies within the current set of rules if it was inplemented properly, but that seems unlikely when the current set of politicians are the ones who set these laws!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    Attack and seriously hurt a burglar who is no direct threat to you and you WILL go to prison. Since that would be a waste of my tax money, I'd ask you to show a little restraint, the prison service is overloaded as it is.

That counts I guess. Anyone else?

Yeah I know what your sayin Rave....but your seriously gonna tell me to think about my actions when some crack/heroin/chav lowlife scum decides to have a go of my nice abode and try and get away with it ....not gonna happen.....destrought girlfriend and all........eat crowbar scumbag. Oh and if it came to it I would just have to face the prison sentence if it came to it. Not my fault what it costs.... take your argument up with the government.....rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish3RS

Thanks
    I'm in 2 minds about this....

1st case study... about 15 years ago now, some "gas men" forced entry into my grandmothers next door neightbours house. the occupent was in her early nineties , and still had all her marbles (was an ex headmistress ) , she happily walked a couple of miles every day.

The aformentioned plumbers simply walked round her flat and too every possetion of worth to her.

While she was fit enough to walk to collect her pention , was she fit enough to defend herself against "plumbers" with an assortment of resonable weight blunt objects in their tool bag ? of course not , she did her best to stear them away from the more valuable objects.

She died not too long afterwards, and I really belive her experineace that day was a contributary factor in this.

She wouldn't have been affected by any legistlation changes over reasonable force would she ?

on the other hand I'd have love to have cought the little scrote that broke into my house a couple of years back - they took little of value ( apart form my company laptop , which I wasn't fussed about as it wasn't really mine ) but the sence of violation was still there.

the daft thjing was that the copper who took me to the identity parade of stuff they'd found at this guys flat made his address known to me , was this in some hope that I'd take the law into my own hands ? it was surely tempting, however it coincidied with the scentangin of a frined of mine who'd done the same thing and kicked seven shades of excrement out of the guy who'd burgled him. 3 years for GBh suddenly seems like not much fun.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    Oh and if it came to it I would just have to face the prison sentence if it came to it. Not my fault what it costs.... take your argument up with the government.....rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish3RS
    No, I take it up with YOU, since YOU'D be breaking the law. If you hurt a burglar in an unwarranted attack badly enough that you go to prison, that makes you just as much of a scumbag as them. They're burglars, you're a violent freak. Either way you're taking away from society rather than contributing. Stay on the right side of the law please. If you're enough of a big man to hurt the burglar, you're big enough to just place him under citizen's arrest until the police arrive. If you're not hard enough to do that, I suggest not getting involved at all, because miss with your first crowbar blow and you could be in for a nasty beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick
    She died not too long afterwards, and I really belive her experineace that day was a contributary factor in this.
    Well, that the kind of heartbreaking story you hear all the time, and it is utterly sickening that people can do that. Personally I think that people who think it's fine to prey on the weak and/or confused elderly suffer from a lack of basic morality that is in all probability incurable, so I would have no problem sentencing them to life inprisonment, since I think it's unlikely that they can be rehabilitated to play a worthwhile role in society.

Drug addicts, on the other hand, clearly can be rehabilitated in a lot of cases.

Thanks
    I,m a violent freak.................sorry, but if it came to it i,m just luckin out for my best interest. And yes i,ve seen poor pentioners suffer from the scum that you are making me out to be. And I really dont take to being called a "Scumbag" from a guy who openly admits to scavenging through PC world bins................get a life. if your girlfriend was being attacked what would you do...........????

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks
    Rave, much as I tend to agree with your opinions, calling people names isn't really going to help is it?

Thanks
    Interesting thread and one I agree with wholeheartedly.

Below is an article from our local newspapers website;
    http://www.blackpooltoday.co.uk/view...e=Results.aspx

A few years ago my girlfriends house was burgled, the lad in the article is one of those who burgled her house. Quite frankly, if someone breaks into my house, I should be able to del with them as I please... of course, I'm not just looking for an excuse to wield my samurai sword at some scumbag

Thanks
    I,m a violent freak.................sorry, but if it came to it i,m just luckin out for my best interest.
    Yeah, obviously your best interest is to go to prison for no good reason. I bet your girlfriend would love that wouldn't she.

And yes i,ve seen poor pentioners suffer from the scum that you are making me out to be.
    Read my post again, I'm not calling you scum, I'm saying that if you think going up to a burglar who hasn't yet attacked you and crowbar-ing them on the head is appropriate, then you're a violent nutter.

And I really dont take to being called a "Scumbag" from a guy who openly admits to scavenging through PC world bins................get a life.
    I'm happy with getting my free PC kit, as it happens. How does my bin raiding disadvantage you exactly? In fact, if you're ever in London, you'll benefit from the lack of airborn lead from the TVs and Monitors I've stopped from going into SELCHP.

if your girlfriend was being attacked what would you do...........????
    If my wife was attacked I'd defend her with whatever force I thought necessary. If I came across an intruder in my house though, I'd tend to assume that they're there to nick my consumer goods rather than attack my wife.

Thanks
    Stealing from me is like pleading to die. If i ever caught a burgler in my house there would be some SERIOUS violece going down.
    Theft is 1 thing that can instantly enrage me, at the very least i would take a limb!

YES I AM NUTS...but only wen pushed.

Thanks
    chaps - I know this isn't an easy subject , but remember that if you ever carry out any of these "aims" against people , it could be seen as premeditated....
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    What's with all these people claiming they're Psychopaths? you all need to calm down, I think perhaps you've been taking too many e-factors. Anyone who truly has psychotic tendencies and is capable of extreme violence will usually keep it to theirself.

Thread Information