Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATI Employee on the boards adds bias?.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    But the do pimp their kit after a fashion by offering Hexus exclusive discounts
    Last edited by 0iD; 24-12-2004 at 02:13 PM.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    Hmm. Not so sure. Just read some of his comments in a thread about someone buying a graphics card and they did seem rather biased. Impartiality is important here and perhaps and as long as they are here to give advice regarding their products and asking us for help then that is fine. However pimping their products and using 'amusing' emoticons when someone is talking about a 'competitors' product I don't feel is very good. And I own an ATI card. There. Said it.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    well said fella...its what this is about

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Sorry if I got very excited. I'm tired and its nearly christmas and I have got all 4 days off! Its the longest single block of holiday I have had since January!
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    you deserve a break fella

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

iMc
    Thanks
    I think its good that people on the 'inside' are around, it should provide more accurate and, hopefully, trustworthy information.

However it winds me up when Nvidia cards are refered to as a 'competitors' product. Does Ati sack anyone that mentions a different companies product by name?
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    Hmmm, well I think the guy has cahoonies the size of VW Beetles for signing up and allowing us access to him... hats off in a big way.

Of course, as an ATI employee, he's got no choice but to fully support his products... I do have to say that I haven't seen anything written by him that knocks ATI's rivals, I suppose the worst case is where he just showed another side of the coin other than an NVidia card... nowt wrong with that as long as it is valid to the thread in question, which I think it was.

I'd love to see an Nvidia chap on here too... if we could have someone from nVidia as even and as measured as Andzrej, how damn good would that be?

Now I know a few of his posts may seem odd with phrases like 'competitiors' products, but the guy is only walking the thin line between libel and fact as safely as he can. Can you imagine the uproar if he posted ANYTHING detremental to nVidia or any other card maker?

Nah, much better that Andrzej carries on posting as he does, we make allowances for the fact that this could as easily be a PR nightmare for ATI as it could be a PR dream and we just benefit from his knowledge and contacts...

And in answer to your question TiG... no, I think that someone from ANY major manufacturer would only enrich the boards' content.

Andrzej has struck the perfect balance between being accesible to users and keeping safely within corporate bounds.... much (macho) love to the fella...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

iMc
    Thanks
    The more the merrier with the whole representitive thing imo.

But I don't wanna see lots of threads saying how one product is better. Unless it is relevent, i.e in certain areas such as video decoding or something.

Also if there was an nVidia rep also would we see threads turning into company battlefields... I mean at the end of the day there is money to be made from the people on the forums.
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    Good question, iMc, we don't want a public mud slinging match between 'rival' companies... but I think that those concerned are actually too professional to let that sort of thing happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

DR
    Thanks
    The forums won't turn in to a bashing patch for both companies - I can't let that happen, and neither will the mods.

However, I also don't want a fan boy zone like other 'angry' forums on the Internet.

The ATi Guy has taken a lot of time out to spend on HEXUS & I think he is proud to be here - which for sure we are happy to have him here.

Over time we have been trying to get people on to the boards, but it does come down to their corporate policy and also to if the person actually has the time to trawl the forums.

Currently we have Scan, Komplett, Corsair, Go-MV, and ATi on the boards. We are trying to get Intel and also NVIDIA but I suspect these will be a lot harder.

There is an unwritten rule which states that these people will not start some sort of slinging match.

Of course he will always promote ATi but he can also read your thoughts on it and what you feel, if you have a problem with something then maybe he can help. Lets be honest if he helps one reader it is worth a thousand pimpage posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information