• Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    well he may think he cant make do with what he earns, I suspect he cannot sustain his standard of living on what he earns if he does not do a 48 hour week and thats fair enough, however i think its a little far fetched to say he cant live on it.

I understand the pain of the tax man as well as next month I am going to take one hell of a hit, of course nobody likes it but what I will have left will be enough to live on and then some.

Schmunk I think we area coming from the same angle here I was just disagreeing with what he annual wage is, besides its pure speculation anyway as £15 may be his over time rate and this may be why he is not in favour of capping hours.

I dont think it will necessarily make us less competative (sp?, feeling lazy) compared to other economies as I dont belive that working more hours is neceissarily more productive and companies could be wasting cash by paying for all this overtime when they should really be managing workloads better or just employing one more staff member.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    I take it your votes on the EU Const. will be a NON! (first good thing the french have done!)

Thanks
    The current EU situation is a very interesting one. Basically if the Dutch decide to vote against the Constitution (even more likely after the French "no" vote), then the whole idea is likely to be scrapped (for now).

The EU is a big waste of money anyway, if it was a private company it would have gone bust a long time ago. Free trade areas are a good thing (EEC), but trying to integrate so many different cultures/economies on a social level can do nothing but damage IMO.
    Last edited by Jonny M; 31-05-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Caged
    The current EU situation is a very interesting one. Basically if the Dutch decide to vote against the Constitution (even more likely after the French "no" vote), then the whole idea is likely to be scrapped (for now).

The EU is a big waste of money anyway, if it was a private company it would have gone bust a long time ago. Free trade areas are a good thing (EEC), but trying to integrate so many different cultures/economies on a social level can do nothing but damage IMO.
    Here here! why are people obsessed with merging culture! if we did that there wouldnt be any culture left!! The EEC was a good idea but were becoming a United States of Europe!

Ed

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    I'm with Caged on this one. Whislt I am a "Eurosceptic" I do see some benefits, however I've always believed that the EEC/EC/EU have always tried to run before they can walk. So may politicians have pushed for and ratified treaties in the cause of a "European dream" that they haven't really asked themselves a) do the people want this, and b) what is it that we want them to want!

There really was no need for the Euro to be introduced so quicky and so widely. We now know that the Portugeese, Italian and Greek governments fudged the figures to get in and this is/will cost all the Euro countries great harm. ERM and the stability pact were a farce.

I think it's amusing that the French have rejected the treaty because it's too "anglo-saxon" and the fact we would reject it because it's not "anglo-saxon enough".

Btw the lovely Dutch have voted No too. (Oh they were lovely before they voted no)
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information