Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: those london floods? for Christians only

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JPreston View Post
    Because one is deluded and wrong, but remains perfectly convinced they are right to the extent that they refuse to consider any evidence or change one's mind?

Dunno, just thinking aloud
    That is an exact description of Dawkins et al, on that docu last night - lmao - dogmatic to the last, refusing to recognise any position that contradicted their own. you're looking in the mirror.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    I'm taking this thread revival as sign from God, that london is actually flooding this christmas instead.

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    But the fact remains that Hindus, Sikhs, Athiests, etc, etc, will burn in the fires of hell for their sins \ crimes, yes?
    Christ is perfect. In every way. This includes perfectly just, a concept not normally associated with humankind.

As such, He will give everyone the perfect justice they demand. The fairest hearing they could ever hope for, and it is something everyone (Christian / non-Christian) will have to attend.

And in order for a sentence to be just, it must be possible for the defendant to have known of the 'crime' before it was committed. Christ, fortunately, does not work on ignorance being no excuse (unlike our current legal system).

If I meet a Sikh, Hindu etc, I have no idea whether they will end up in hell, and have no wish to know either. It is not my wish to contemplate such of an individual, nor is it my place. I leave that to Christ. I judge not.

I also know Christ is our advocate, in the face of God the father. I know that when I betray Christ (in my inability to avoid sin, being human), instead of anger, He will be found arguing enthusastically for mercy on me. Un-friggin'-believable.

So, like anyone who knows the world is round, I tell flat earthers it is round. It is my duty, it is my right, it is my passion. It is up to them what they do with it, since I cannot make anyone accept.

Large Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuddam View Post
    now that he has clarified his position, we have moved on. have you?
    You're right, other than atheists no other kind of people have such an irritating superior attitude.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    I'm taking this thread revival as sign from God, that london is actually flooding this christmas instead.
    what i find very ironic is that the thread I started very recently about atheists being dogmatic - courtesy of the C4 documentary - has been largely ignored.

lmao. that says something. Resurrect this thread instead of responding intelligently & 'scientifically' to that docu.

granted, many probably didn't see the docu, so they don't feel justified to comment, but I find it hard to believe I was the only one who saw it, esp as some responded before the docu aired.

Large Member
    Thanks
    Because claiming atheists are dogmatic is as foolish as that the Christians of London had forwarning that there were going to be floods, if not more so.

Banned
    Thanks
    Christ is perfect. In every way. This includes perfectly just, a concept not normally associated with humankind.

As such, He will give everyone the perfect justice they demand. The fairest hearing they could ever hope for, and it is something everyone (Christian / non-Christian) will have to attend.

And in order for a sentence to be just, it must be possible for the defendant to have known of the 'crime' before it was committed. Christ, fortunately, does not work on ignorance being no excuse (unlike our current legal system).

If I meet a Sikh, Hindu etc, I have no idea whether they will end up in hell, and have no wish to know either. It is not my wish to contemplate such of an individual, nor is it my place. I leave that to Christ. I judge not.

I also know Christ is our advocate, in the face of God the father. I know that when I betray Christ (in my inability to avoid sin, being human), instead of anger, He will be found arguing enthusastically for mercy on me. Un-friggin'-believable.

So, like anyone who knows the world is round, I tell flat earthers it is round. It is my duty, it is my right, it is my passion. It is up to them what they do with it, since I cannot make anyone accept.

Very well written mate, seriously, you did well. Alas, the fact remains that you are wrong; completely and utterly. When I die I will be put into a box, that box into the ground, and then worms will eat my face. And the same goes for you.

Why not accept this rather than kid yourself you will float up to heaven to live with all the nice animals and people for ever and ever and ever?

You don't have faith, you are scared of death. You can't accept your own mortality, so you buy into any old half baked nonsense, no matter how far fetched and insulting to the intelligence, no matter how utterly disproven, so long as it allows you to kid yourself that death is not the end.
    Last edited by Stewart; 20-12-2006 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks
    .... you're looking in the mirror.
    Ner-ner, so there. Well, you really got me

Actually the whole idea of science as idol-ified in your mind by Dawkins is that it's made up as it goes along. Find out something new, proves swathes of it wrong, we are all glad to throw it out because we know more stuff afterwards. But that's by-the-by.

Would you mind answering a question for me, as you seem to be in a verbose and comparatively un-patronising mood? I've recently wondered about it but I've not met a real fundamentalist in the flesh since university (we had one in our halls, doing a biology degree of all subjects ) so have no-one else to ask:

When someone dies, say an elderly relative of someone at your church or whatever you call it, do you all exhibit what I would call 'normal' behaviour i.e. consoling the bereaved, grieving and wailing, being solemn or do you all jump around shaking tambourines because they are in heaven now? I presume you do in fact act solemn - but can you explain why this is? I mean going to heaven a week early has got to be at least ten times better than spending that week in hospital with arthritis and MRSA hasn't it?

Another one: would you say that you were always so - ahem - 'single-minded', having been brought up that way since infancy, or did something trigger it later in life? What about most 'like-minded' people in your experience?

I'm genuinely curious. Answers would be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks
    Ooh another question: apart from posting here, did you tell anyone face to face that you thought the flood in London was going to be another Deluge/Armageddon/whatever you call it? If you did - I presume they have similar religious views to yourself - what did they say, did they strongly agree, agree, neither agree or disagree, disagree or strongly disagree?

Far Superior To Meths EvilWeevil's Avatar
    Thanks
    • EvilWeevil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair XMS-2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Caviar, 320GB DiamondMax 10, 400GB Spinpoint, 1TB MyBook External
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus EAX1900XT
      • PSU:
      • OCZ GameXStream 700W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-G70B
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP
      • Internet:
      • Homechoice/Tiscali 8 down/1 up
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Very well written mate, seriously, you did well. Alas, the fact remains that you are wrong; completely and utterly. When I die I will be put into a box, that box into the ground, and then worms will eat my face. And the same goes for you.
    I, however, will be cremated, as I am a stingy bastard and no worms are going to get anything off of me!

My DeviantArt | tomhendriks.co.uk | Need something (reasonable) hosted? PM me!

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Religion causes far more problems than it solves, and this thread is proof TBH.

Bottom line is we all suck and your particular group delusions (and I include athiesm here since it's as baseless as most if not all religions) don't change that.

Frankly, if everyone tried to actually help non-judgementally (and granted many religious people do), instead of trying to "convert" people, the world would be a much better place.

Large Member
    Thanks
    it's one thing to claim to be agnostic; it's another to claim to believe in a deity yet deny the most basic beliefs associated with that deity.

He claimed to be catholic, yet his following statements denied their basic tenets. understand?

now that he has clarified his position, we have moved on. have you?
    Yea. That is insane isn't it? I can think of millions of people who claim to be devoutly religous, but indeed, as you say, display a severe lacking of the tenents of their religion. Oh many may scream and shout that they do, and may even outwardly appear to do so, but blummin heck so many do not. Of course such a stark phenomenon dosn't need thourough explanation if you're religious, does it.

Far Superior To Meths EvilWeevil's Avatar
    Thanks
    • EvilWeevil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair XMS-2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Caviar, 320GB DiamondMax 10, 400GB Spinpoint, 1TB MyBook External
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus EAX1900XT
      • PSU:
      • OCZ GameXStream 700W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-G70B
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP
      • Internet:
      • Homechoice/Tiscali 8 down/1 up
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    (and I include athiesm here since it's as baseless as most if not all religions)
    There is a difference - atheism is belief that their is no god due to a lack of evidence. Religion is believing in a god despite a lack of evidence.

One seems somewhat more logical than the other

EDITED: proof to evidence, as it's more scientifically correct
    Last edited by EvilWeevil; 20-12-2006 at 02:45 AM.

My DeviantArt | tomhendriks.co.uk | Need something (reasonable) hosted? PM me!

Thanks
    I love God debates: they always get the juices flowing. One wonders how an awesome story put together by a few blokes who wanted a bit of power can sprout so many forms of mis-intentioned thinking.

People don't understand stuff: they make a "higher power" to account for it. As we have evolved and learn more about what we didn't understand then we realise that the Sun God doesn't really roll the sun across the sky every day. Really and honestly people have to accept this.

I am an atheist: but I have read most of the major religious texts and they contain some great notions of general right-ness and (to coin a phrase) "goodwill to all men" (wow Linguistics makes you see that phrase in a whole new light doesn't it? - to all people). I think if in general you live you're life well then that's something you can be satisfied in yourself. Whether I call this a soul - no I don't think so but hey it's a nice notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    When I die I will be put into a box, that box into the ground, and then worms will eat my face
    Quite, except I'm getting cremated - worms eating face doesn't appeal to me.

Now let's all get together and pray that the soil isn't saturated and that the higher tides in the Thames and the unpredictable English weather doesn't bring rain to flood out the houses of "the damned"

...or let's not

When I listen to the reasons that (devout) Christians say they're Christians it always amazes me that they very infrequently say "because I think the basic principles of being good are correct", instead they start preaching to me. At which point I politely tell them that I don't want to buy a copy of their bibles (okok that's a jk )

So after deep consideration I have come to realise that not only do I not believe the attempted Chistintellectual (awesome new word) babble, but I've written far too much in this post and now u're all asleep. NN
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilWeevil View Post
    There is a difference - atheism is belief that their is no god due to a lack of proof. Religion is believing in a god despite a lack of proof.

One seems somewhat more logical than the other
    There's no disproof of god either, that's the tricky part.

Large Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    There's no disproof of god either, that's the tricky part.
    I've no solid proof the moon's not made of cheese however, i'm tempted to believe that it's made from rock.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information