Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found this view somewhere....

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

Found this view somewhere....

"I've got the right hump with the female sex, and this is why:

{Contention}
    In my generation (I am 26), for every lady there exists ninety-nine mere women.

{Opening argument}
    I've only met a handful of birds with whom there has been some semblance of flirting who couldn't be, for want of a better word, coaxed into bed within the first half-dozen meetings/liasons/dates/assignations, call them what you will. Now when one considers that I am only of average looks and possessed of only a handful of good qualities (well educated, relatively well-spoken, quite self-confident) but otherwise quite normal, I must conclude that this phenomenon is itself quite normal. Judging by the experiences (known to me) of most of my friends, it is...

I often watch pre-sixties films and wonder if things were then much different. Certainly they were at least so portrayed, and although I've heard some people say things haven't changed much, I must doubt their word and/or recollections as ladies are extremely hard to find in my age group yet seemed prevalent in those times.

Of course, my reasoning is not solely concentrated on the point that birds are easier to get into bed then they used to be, but it is a lynchpin in my argument. No doubt many people, who I shall not just casually dismiss as the politically correct, would argue that this interpretation of mine, that birds are easier, is in great part due to the current prevalent female outlook on sexual, romantic and practical relations between men and women. I would, however, ask such people intending to argue this predictable point to show reasoning why this point cannot simply be explained by the central implication of my argument, that being that it is the females themselves who have changed and not males.

{Definition of a lady, to clarify my standpoint}
    (I'm sure my definition will vary somewhat to the dictionary definition, but then it's me that's making this contention, not Chambers or Collins. )

A lady is a female adult possessed of certain qualities & attributes including, but not limited to, finesse, grace, high standards, humility, charm, eloquence, and an ability to captivate on a level more subtle than the mere fashionable pseudo-erotic plateau that women nowadays seem to reside on.

A lady sensibly recognizes the differences between men and women. She does not seek to conduct the work of males, nor argue the case for other females attempting it. She does not hold with the fashionable notion that anything a man can do she can do. Instead of illogically treating the differences as challenges to be overcome, she celebrates them. And on a more impish theme, a lady does not drink lager or beer, not even half pints. She drinks wine, or on occasion when living it up, spirits.

Oh yeah, going back to me having the hump. I've got the hump because the scarcity of ladies makes it much, much, harder for me to find one who suits me well and whom I believe I might suit, for me to court with the hope that she might just...be the one. There's no way I'm going to setup shop (for life) with a bird that shags within the first few meets!"

Discuss in terms of whether the post is sexist, correct, do you agree disagree with the points put forward....???

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Wow! I don't know where that came from but it's no wonder the person who wrote it doesn't get laid! (I hope it's not you )

I'm sure I've read that somewhere before!

It has to be one of the most sexist posts I've ever seen! But I bet the extreme right-wing would disagree with me there!

TiG
    Thanks
    No it certainly isn't my post, but i don't necessarily agree with the views you posted either. I think its a worthwhile discussion topic and there is no reason why it can't be discussed properly here.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    TiG, do you think it is sexist? Yes or no?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    I think the poster is a little hypocritical.

he brags about how easy it is to get these women into bed.

therefor he is hardly a perfect moral example himself.

Its a basic human urge to further the species - if you choose to suppres that urge for a while than have a cookie , dont give other people a hard time for it
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

TiG
    Thanks
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    TiG, do you think it is sexist? Yes or no?
    I don't think the ideals behind his own morals are sexist, i.e he wants to find someone who is not easy and the fact that he probably will have to work hard to find someone who he will eventually be very happy in his life with.

However i do find points of the post sexist. That being his definition of Lady. I don't think that what someone drinks or does for a living necessarily defines how I would view people.

And to be perfectly honest I don't necessarily agree with the way he defines lady in grace elegance etc, I think some major aspects of being a lady would also include many more of the human factors, compasion, feeling. By his terms I would aslo assume a Lady to be stuck up pompous and far from what i would want to meet with.

And Moby i think you might have read the post wrong, i made the same mistake when i first read it... "who couldn't be, for want of a better word, coaxed into bed"

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by TiG
    I don't think the ideals behind his own morals are sexist, i.e he wants to find someone who is not easy and the fact that he probably will have to work hard to find someone who he will eventually be very happy in his life with.

However i do find points of the post sexist. That being his definition of Lady. I don't think that what someone drinks or does for a living necessarily defines how I would view people.

And to be perfectly honest I don't necessarily agree with the way he defines lady in grace elegance etc, I think some major aspects of being a lady would also include many more of the human factors, compasion, feeling. By his terms I would aslo assume a Lady to be stuck up pompous and far from what i would want to meet with.

And Moby i think you might have read the post wrong, i made the same mistake when i first read it... "who couldn't be, for want of a better word, coaxed into bed"

TiG
    You have agreed with everything I was saying......

TiG
    Thanks
    Sadly i didn't read your post like that tho.....

Your post seemed like it was written at pace and with passion due to something in his post annoying you. Believe me when i say that your words didn't come across that well..

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Maybe we can keep the discussion on topic, for those who dont know wtf you two are on about !

I think Moby has an excellent point. The post smacks of hypocrisy.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

TiG
    Thanks
    Can you explain to me where it does this hypocrisy come in please. I've obviously missed something....

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    <ralph>my cats name is mort :-) </ralph>

I read it fine he was saying he has only met a few women who he coudn't talk into bed even though he is only mediocre at pulling. He refuses to define these "loose" women as ladies becuase he coudn't pull them.

This implies that he is always on the pull ( seems like a bit of a male slut to me - takes one to know one [had a dark past as Vimeous will confirm I once pulled a bird because I couldn't be bothered to put my own camp bed up at a party ])

if the orig author spent less time tring to bed every women he encounters and more time opening his mind, the world would be a better place
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    They state that it is easy to coax women into bed, and that somehow this is a deep personal flaw, yet when it comes to the actions of his mates, it is not an issue.

TiG
    Thanks
    Maybe this post is read differently depending on how you persue women then?.

Now you post as you did it makes a lot more sense what is being said. So who is he really angry at?, the fact that his options are severely limited, as in "morals" (in the loosest sense of the word) will keep him back to long drawn out courting relationships ?? or the fact that he is not good looking enough to have all the easy lays?...

Does "ones" looks define them into one of the two groups?, probably not i think its too simple to define it like that, but i'm fairly certain that if i was good looking and could go and pull the good looking easy birds i probably would. However i'm not and i'm quite satisfied with the long search for the one

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

TiG
    Thanks
    Lyrics that match this perfectly from AMY Studt - False smiles

I want Someone to hear me
    Someone to need me
    I want someone to care for
    someone to share with
    I want someone to Stay with
    someone to Lay with
    IF ONLY COULD FIND SOMEONE WHO COULD UNDERSTAND

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    I hate this overly PC crap, a guy talks about how he would like all women to be and its sexist?

That to me is a load of rubbish, surely we all have the right to want?

I see you point about hypocracy but I disagree with it, the only part of the original quote that could be taken as boastful would be this

I've only met a handful of birds with whom there has been some semblance of flirting who couldn't be, for want of a better word, coaxed into bed within the first half-dozen meetings/liasons/dates/assignations, call them what you will. Now when one considers that I am only of average looks and possessed of only a handful of good qualities (well educated, relatively well-spoken, quite self-confident) but otherwise quite normal, I must conclude that this phenomenon is itself quite normal. Judging by the experiences (known to me) of most of my friends, it is...
    And if you read that properly there is no way it is, he states he is average looking and possesses only a few good qualities.

Just my two pence.

Thanks
    PC crap ? The guy expresses a view of women which appears to be a little dated (in my opinion ) and slightly hippocritical.

he staes he is average looking , yet is able to "bed" a large number of women. Either his standards are low ( psyical not moral ) or he is aquainted with girls who happen to like playing the field.

Imagine it from a female point of view ,
    "All blokes seem to want to do is try and bed me, If I'm bored and they dont look like the results of an RTA then I might let them"

its a bit of a two tier structure dont you think ?

The fact that that pargraph is his opening statment taints the rest of it which is at best ill-informed.

I often watch pre-sixties films and wonder if things were then much different. Certainly they were at least so portrayed, and although I've heard some people say things haven't changed much, I must doubt their word and/or recollections as ladies are extremely hard to find in my age group yet seemed prevalent in those times.
    so all his reserch is televisual based. He seems forget the amazingly high level of censorship in films of that era where anything deemed to be in the slightest bit racy or amorale was removed.

So he is bound to believe that people in that day were "goody- two shoes"

A lady is a female adult possessed of certain qualities & attributes including, but not limited to, finesse, grace, high standards, humility, charm, eloquence, and an ability to captivate on a level more subtle than the mere fashionable pseudo-erotic plateau that women nowadays seem to reside on.

A lady sensibly recognizes the differences between men and women. She does not seek to conduct the work of males, nor argue the case for other females attempting it. She does not hold with the fashionable notion that anything a man can do she can do. Instead of illogically treating the differences as challenges to be overcome, she celebrates them. And on a more impish theme, a lady does not drink lager or beer, not even half pints. She drinks wine, or on occasion when living it up, spirits.
    This is pure comedy gold - this is the kind of guy who believes that womens brains would explore if they try to assimilate too much information. I believe his definition of a lady is taken stright from somethign like Mrs Beatons guide to life - its an utterly Victorian outlook on the gentry , not the modern classless ( allegidly ) society. Perhaps he should add that a lady should not have anything as vulgar as a suntan ( which would indicate that she works outdoors ) and should not show anythign more revealing than her ankles ?

I am one of the most politically uncorrect people I know , but I think that guy is in his own little world circa 1903.

nb: I didn't sleep with my other half ( who I have been with for almost 2 years now ) for quite some time, but that was due to the fact she was living with her husband at the time

I think a more realisic view of the interation between man and woman is given by the ladder theory......

http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information