Thread: Darksiders

Thanks

Darksiders

Please refer to the sticky thread before you post in this thread.

This is your chance to tell us your opinion on Darksiders.

Reviews will be published on the main gaming channel. We'll let you know in this thread when they go live.

Thanks!

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Re: Darksiders

PLATFORM: PS3
    REVIEW: Darksiders is like many games on the market at present, the most recent of which is Dante's Inferno. It’s your typical hack and slash type of game, with upgrades obtained along the way as you improve your weapon skill. You play as War, one of the legendary horsemen who answers the call to go to Earth and wage war, only to be betrayed and end the human race as we know it. You go through the game, receiving missions from certain characters, which upon completing you get rewards, whether it be a new power or weapon. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and think there is yet more to come. Here is a breakdown of playing time so far: -

Total Game Time: 10:06:34

Combat Time: 02:39:19

As you can see a lot of the time within this game has been spent travelling between areas to complete missions, it may look as though that is a lot of wasted time, but along the way there are fights to be had, chests and artefacts to find, the latter two bringing rewards. The boss fights seem to vary between incredibly easy to rather hard, no boss is beaten using the usual hack and slash method, with each boss there are certain ways of stunning the boss allowing you to inflict massive amounts of damage.

The graphics are simply some of the best I have on a PS3 game and the amount of detail that has been put into each area you visit is simply amazing and jaw dropping.

As a comparison, Dantes Inferno was completed in around 8 hours, so there is plenty more game time in Darksiders compared to what I believe to be its main rival, Dantes Inferno.

The game can become a bit easy when you unlock chaos form and although there are a variety of attacks, I find myself using the same attack combo's over and over again, which can become a little boring. The travel can become somewhat boring at the beginning of the game, eventually you will find merchants known as Vulgrims that allow you to buy upgrades, health, weapon upgrades and other bits for War as well as allow you access to a fast travel system or as you unlock later on, you get your horse named Ruin which helps you travel faster but also adds a little extra punch to your attacks.

SCORE OUT OF 10: 8/ 10

SKIP, BUY OR RENT? Buy

I would definitely buy this game over renting, simply due to the amount of game time available.
    Last edited by Disturbedguy; 28-02-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thread Information