Thread: Quiet Rys for the last wee while

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks

Quiet Rys for the last wee while

That's not to say I've been twiddling my thumbs, though. Regular followers of my blogz entries will know that I've had a watercooling roundup on my plate for a while now, an article which has been sidetracked a couple of times due to other things turning up that need attention to meet a release date. That's happened again recently with my recent .pipelines post about X800 GT All-In-Wonder.

X800 GT AIW has been a real pain in the ass to review and I'm on my 2nd board from ATI in an attempt to get over some of the issues I've had with it, related to its new premier feature. I'll give you the full details in the article, which I'm now in a good position to write, very soon (hope to get it finished today), but suffice to say it's been one of those products that simultaneously gets my technical juices flowing (I really enjoy AIW hardware when ATI get it right) and also frustrates immensely.

My challenge now is to distill the good and the bad and paint you the fair picture of the product and outline what it can and can't do, what it does well and what it does poorly.

After that it's back to the watercooling and given what's being launched in September, it's imperative I get that out of the way as soon as I can! Being GTE has its obvious perks, but time pressure and volume of look-at-this-right-now products aren't on that list.

We had some internal comms go round the team at the weekend about lack of blogz posts (of which I'm the overseer), about how it looks like we're not busy if we don't post regularly. The perception is incorrect and we don't post all the time because we are, but the solution is to just tell you that and give you the insight into the company that blogz was setup in the first place for.
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    I dont know, sometimes i feel sorry for you guys for having to work so hard. And then i think i shouldnt because youre all a bunch of jammy gits for getting to fly round to all the fun events and play with all the new stuff that i cant afford.

Is this still the watercooling that you posted the blurry pic of? Ive been waiting for that review. Keep up the good work man seriously, great reviews.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by herulach
    I dont know, sometimes i feel sorry for you guys for having to work so hard. And then i think i shouldnt because youre all a bunch of jammy gits for getting to fly round to all the fun events and play with all the new stuff that i cant afford.
    hehe, tell you what, the flying around is all well and good but it really does knacker you out...

And I'd lurve some expensive kit to play with, but as it all always has to go back to the supplier and I'm as technically adept as a spastic goat, they only let me play in the playpen over in the corner... with the plastic hammer and pegs set...

I just wish I understood just 1/10 of the stuff Rys talks about... eavesdropping on a convo between him and a manufacturer is similar to landing on an alien planet and trying to talk to the locals... He truly does talk a different language... and the thing is, the man is respected for his knowledge and views...

All hail, people, we are in the presence of greatness.
    Last edited by Nick; 09-09-2005 at 08:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thread Information