Thread: Very Poorly PC

Thanks

Very Poorly PC

Good Folks at Scan! Help..

Not sure if youre tech team is available today hence the post, ill probably call tomorrow.

About a week / 10 days ago Id started seeing odd behaviour with missing file components in Win7, running a file would flag missing dlls etc. Id also had a BSOD or two...

Having had a major issue Friday night I decided, perhaps a complete rebuild was in order. As we sit typing this (on my trusty mac) Im onto rebuild 8 (or more). I can generally get the base win7 OS to install, but then as i incrementally add the various support drivers for the ASUS MoBo, the FX card, i start to get BSOD failures, or blank screens instead of a login, or crashing on login. Its pretty consistent in that almost anything installed directly to the SSD affecting the OS has a negative effect.

The BSOD's seem to vary with IRQ errors or a memory management error. CHKDSK isnt giving me anything negative about the SSD - its been formatted at least 3 times now in the OS install process. The case is pretty dust free, no temp spikes or anything.

Im guessing something is broken, or in the process of breaking : Either memory or SSD. The PC has performed nicely for the last 10 or so months and is used every day. I really need the hardware looked at I think as this point because out of the 8+ times Id have expected an install to be smooth at least 6 of them

I have the invoice number but not the build number it seems.....

Thanks

Re: Very Poorly PC

A bit more information: It looks like the PC is currently stuck in a self repair loop with a corrupted Registry. The more Ive been looking at this the more it looks likely the SSD is as fault - what exactly (corrupting itself?) im not sure, but check disk didnt throw anything up. Raised a ticket so hopefully itll get addressed tomorrow

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Hi Simon

Can you email your Invoice number to systemsupport@scan.co.uk as the bios may need resetting

Regards

Ben

Thanks

Ben
    Im resurrecting this thread. I had reseated the memory on the Board and things seemed to work fine. However last couple of days everything went pearshaped again. I'm now at the point where I have a blank screen, I cannot reinstall windows to the SSD. Having formatted the SSD still nothing. Blue screens before this and general instability all round. Im not going to put the OS onto the SATA Drive : The point of having the SSD was for the OS so if that were to work Id still not have a functioning PC.

Have reseated the memory.
    Have reinstalled (twice) the OS.

I Am not doing it anymore. Can you call me - have raised a ticket OLQ1084119 - to have the machine collected, RTB and fixed please...

Cheers

Thread Information