Thread: Cannot load Windows 7 after Windows update

Thanks

Cannot load Windows 7 after Windows update

Hi,

I was using my PC this morning and when I closed it down I was notified there was 1 update to be installed. After it was installed W7 cannot now load fully and I'm getting a blank screen. Just before the blank screen I can see notifications that device drivers are being installed. Then it all goes blank.

I can boot in Safe Mode and viewing Devices and Printers there is a yellow exclamation mark against my PC. Opening that properties box shows the following:-

AMDA00 Interface. This device is not working properly. The driver version is 12.14.17.909 dated 08/11/2012.

It looks like this is the cause of the problem. As System Restore is disabled I cannot revert to an earlier time. Please advise what action I should take.

Thanks

Re: Cannot load Windows 7 after Windows update

Some more info. I no longer have a mouse and keyboard when in any Safe Mode. Therefore I am unable to perform any action. Sadly this PC has no PS2 connection for a wired mouse / keyboard.

My only option appears to be the W7 CD. Could that help?

LATER: Just to confirm that I see 2 or 3 instances of "Installing Device Driver Software" in the bottom right and then the screen goes blank. The PC is dead from that point on.
    Last edited by Ray Proudfoot; 22-10-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks

I really would appreciate a response from Scan. As it stands I have a 2 week old PC which cannot boot and I cannot perform a System Restore because that option was not enabled in the build.

LATER: KB2862330 looks to be the culprit. Plenty of discussion about failed boots after this update is applied. Here's a link to a MS discussion. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...401299c?page=4
    Last edited by Ray Proudfoot; 23-10-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Hi Ray Proudfoot

Please make sure the keyboard and mouse are plugged into USB2 ports on the rear as this could be why they are not detecting in Safe mode

System restore will have been disabled if you got Acronis True Image with the system

The Amda00 is part of the Asus Ai Suite have you installed this on the system?

Please email us your build and invoice number to systemsupport@scan.co.uk and we will see if we can assist and maybe get the update rolled back

Regards

Ben

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Tried plugging keyboard/mouse into USB2 slots but still no joy. One thing I did do yesterday in Safe Mode was to highlight a USB entry in Device Manager and delete it as they're normally reinstated when Windows loads. The first delete was okay but as soon as I deleted the second entry I lost mouse and keyboard. Rebooting has not resolved the problem in either Safe or Normal modes.

I didn't choose Acronis so should system restore have been enabled?

I haven't installed anything from the Asus CD.

Email will be sent with requested details.

Thanks.

Thread Information