Thread: Help Required - 3xs System

Registered+
    Thanks

Help Required - 3xs System

Hi everyone,

Sorry about my wishy washy posts on my previous thread for when I bought my 3xs system. I don't know if anybody read them but they probably didn't come across as being very clear so I decided to start a new thread with my small problem I've been having with the Scan 3xs system I bought in Jan/Feb this year.

Over the weekend, I had a couple of instances where I would press the on button on the PC and it would all light up etc. But no signal appeared to be getting to my PC monitor. The Dell monitor I have would just when go into power save mode. The PC didn't appear to be doing much (no hard drive noises etc, although I do admit the system is superbly quiet anyway). In the end though I had no alternative but to hold the power button and reset the machine that way (not the cleverest thing to do I know but like I said the system seemed to be doing nothing).

On top of that on doing the reset a BIOS message appeared saying 'overclocking failed'. Not being a PC expert I wasn't sure what to do next. But I ended up in the BIOS and exiting without saving anything.

Since then my PC seems to be booting up differently to how it did originally when I first got the machine. I'm don't know if it's just me as well but the CPU usage appears to be hovering up and down between 1% and 15% where I am pretty sure before my problems it never seemed to get much higher than around 5%.

Anyway let me just try and explain the sequence of booting now:

First Step - I get the Asus Express Gate screen (this always used to come up) No problems there, so you can click the button to enter the OS or leave the count down to enter itself.

I then get a blue screen with ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard on it (this never used to appear before) and it asks for your to press DEL button for set up or TAB button for BIOS Post Message.
    This screen disapears after about 5 to 10 seconds.

I then get the standard dos type commands as the PC boots up but....

The first one I get is the following (which again never used to appear)
    Marvel 88se63xx/64xx adapter BIOS Version 3.1.0.12
    Resetting Controller 1....... [OK]
    Initalising Controller
    Spin Up Group 1....... [OK]
    Initialising RAID component...... [OK]

This whole thing takes about 5 to 10 seconds again before the following flashes on screen
    Marvel 88se63xx/64xx adapter BIOS Version 3.1.0.12
    Virtual Disc
    [no virtual disc]
    Physical Disc
    [no physical Disc]

I am sure I had seen the physical disc part of this set up but no the other bits during booting.

The blue P6T deluxe motherboard screen flashes up again for a second (again this never used to happen) and this is followed by another message:
    Marvel 88SE61xx adapter BIOS v1.1.0.L72a
    Initalising.....

This then disapears and is followed by Acronis Recovery Manager message Press F11 etc. (this used to appear so no problems there) and then my Windows Vista boots up with no other problems, other than the CPU usage which I've noticed.

I attempted to call Scans customer support today at about 2:30PM and left a message but nobody had contacted me back by the end of the day. Problem is now, I am in work for the rest of this week so if they do call back nobody will be around to take the call.

Can any of your experts there perhaps give me some pointers, or stuff I might be able to try. Or do scan supply a back up of the original boot sequence to be able to put back on? I am guessing this has possibly all stemmed from the Overclocking failed message I got but I'm not sure? Or is there possibly a log file or something somewhere on the machine that I could possibly supply you with to help?

If any of the helpful guys at scan could give me a pointer or two that might help too? And is it possibly if my message doesn't get answered by the technical support guys is it possible to go through the scan guys here to pass the message on?

It's such a shame that I am having these probably minor problems because up to know the system has been nothing short of superb and still runs. Wish I knew a bit more about BIOS and such stuff as well now.

Looking forward to hearing from you, hope this makes some sense?
    Many thanks,
    Mark

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Re: Help Required - 3xs System

Hi Mark_Solo

We have checked the system support answer machines and have no message regarding your issue

The Bios has reset Please press del as the system boots and goto the bios, goto Tools and Assus OC profile and load profile 1 (if not overclocked) or Profile 2 (If system is overclocked) please see if the issue persists

The system is backed up in the Acronis Secure Zone (Hidden Partition) and can be reloaded back to its original state either by pressing F11 when prompted at startup or by booting up off the Acronis True Image Disk

Please call us today on 0871 4724743 or 0871 4724756 to discuss the issues should they persist

Regards

Ben

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi there Ben,

Many thanks for the speedy reply and the advice regarding my system. I won't have enough time to do what you suggested tonight but will give it a go tomorrow night sometime and will be in touch one way or another to say it's worked or if I am still having problems.

No worries about the answer message. Maybe I didn't catch the answer phone right or something.
    Anyway I will take your suggestions away and give them a try

Thanks once again for the support and the speedy reply.
    Always appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Mark.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi again all,

I've tried your remedy for my PC Ben and it worked a treat, so thanks very much for that. Everything back to normal and 100% correct, great stuff. Thanks once again for all your help

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Happy Days

Registered+
    Thanks

I have the same problem but even if I load a different profile it still doesn't work?? what else can I do?

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Make sure all USB drives Iphones ETC are disconnected as these can mess the boot order up !

If you are still having issues please email us your Invoice and Build number to systemsupport@scan.co.uk

Regards

Ben

Thread Information