Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanting a top of the line rig, been pointed here.

Thanks

Re: Wanting a top of the line rig, been pointed here.

Any pics of your rig Poker? I was watching some videos of the chassis and it looks fantastic!

I'm completely stoked and ordered mine last week. Pretty much the same specs but with the default CPU, a single 5970 and a single 256GB SSD and no storage drives. (have plenty of storage already)

Still umming and aahing about water cooling on the GPU though. It seems like it woud be a major faff if I upgrade in 12 months time but then it would be quieter and allow a little overlock on the GPU in the short term. I went for no water cooling on the GPU in the order but would have liked to have discussed it with a system builder. I thought I would have heard from one by now, it's been over 10 days and no replies to e-mails or phonecalls and no follow up on their own automated e-mail. I guess they are in pre-Christmas mode. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed in the radio silence considering I just gave them over 3 grand but hopefully the build quality will make up for that. How much contact did they have with you about your order?

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi Howl,

I have no pics of my rig exactly at the minute, but maybe I will take some over the weekend when I have more time...There are these pics Scan have of other black widow extremes tho so you get an idea of what you are getting http://3xs.scan.co.uk/BuildPhotos/3X...em1/index.html . Can I ask where you saw the video Howl, I cant find a link to it anywhere on Scans site - I am really curious!? Congrats on your order Howl, I hope you enjoy it as much as mine. I agree the watercooling may make it a pain a little to upgrade, but with two 5870s I dont think I will have to upgrade for several years and the watercooling runs a ton quieter than fan cooled system so for me it is the better option.

I find the no replys thing very strange Howl. I know Scan are busy but they always answered my emails promptly and helped me with any questions I had about my build. I would just call them if I was you mate. They had as much contact with me about my order as I wanted really (if that makes any sense haha)

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Any pics of your rig Poker? I was watching some videos of the chassis and it looks fantastic!

I'm completely stoked and ordered mine last week. Pretty much the same specs but with the default CPU, a single 5970 and a single 256GB SSD and no storage drives. (have plenty of storage already)

Still umming and aahing about water cooling on the GPU though. It seems like it woud be a major faff if I upgrade in 12 months time but then it would be quieter and allow a little overlock on the GPU in the short term. I went for no water cooling on the GPU in the order but would have liked to have discussed it with a system builder. I thought I would have heard from one by now, it's been over 10 days and no replies to e-mails or phonecalls and no follow up on their own automated e-mail. I guess they are in pre-Christmas mode. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed in the radio silence considering I just gave them over 3 grand but hopefully the build quality will make up for that. How much contact did they have with you about your order?
    Hi Howl,

This isnt right, could you email me your invoice number please philipp@scan.co.uk.

Thank you for your custom, let me assure you your system will be perfect

Best Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pokerisfun View Post
    Congrats on your order Howl, I hope you enjoy it as much as mine. I agree the watercooling may make it a pain a little to upgrade, but with two 5870s I dont think I will have to upgrade for several years and the watercooling runs a ton quieter than fan cooled system so for me it is the better option.
    Thanks for the links! This was the video I watched about the chassis. Nothing to do with SCAN but well worth watching. Ah nm. It can't post URL's yet but it was Hardware Canucks video review that linked directly from the Corsair's 800D product page.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    Hi Howl,

This isnt right, could you email me your invoice number please

Thank you for your custom, let me assure you your system will be perfect

Best Regards
    Mail sent. Thanks for looking into it Philip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information