Thread: Triad

Thanks

Triad

Hey

I have had the 3xs Triad from SCAN for about three years now. Not had much luck with it, been sent back to repair 4 or 5 times with various faults, some self inflicted most not.

The latest issue is that when it boots up, it does so incredibly slowly, one charcter on the screen at a time. I have tried to boot from disk but by the time the characters have finished loading up and I press SETUP i just get a keyboard error.

Anybody have an ingenious solution? Trying to get it collected by SCAN and get it fixed, got a MAC now so not too worried about losing it for a few weeks. Once fixed I may sell it not to sure.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Thanks

Re: Triad

Hi Tom,

Your user name rings a bell but I can't quite put a finger on which machine it is. Have you tried giving Ben or Sanj a call to see what they can do? It does sound like a hardware fail to be honest as it's happening at post but off the top of my head I'm not sure what would cause that (memory or motherboard would be best guess at that stage of post with cpu and psu as rank outsiders).

Give us a call or pm your original details and i'll see if the's anything related in past notes that may affect it. Does sound like a aged hardware issue through.

Thanks

Thanks Pete

Cant seem to work out how to PM you, not much of a forum person. Should find me under postcode E161AE.

I will cut and paste your message in an email to Sanjay who i already had a reply from. Sounds serious, so Im hoping for a collection and repair.

I purchased the original Triad when it first arrived, but have had multiple upgrades and changes since then due to faults. New motherboard twice, new memory, two new video cards, new power supply, lots of changes with water cooling and hard drives after dual boot issues.

I always say the same thing, which is that the build quality is always amazing and the customer service excellent, i really think I was just unlucky right from the start. Must have spent 6k on this system over the years.

My email address is *removed* if you want to email me directly.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by PeteG@Scan; 05-11-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Email address removed

Thanks

Hi,

Sanjay informs me he's spoken to you and booked the return so it looks all in hand. We'll have a look when it makes it back and hopefully it'll be a quick fix for you

Pete

Thread Information