Thread: 5.1 Gaming Soundcard.

Thanks

5.1 Gaming Soundcard.

I have been waiting for the Ivy bridge release before ordering a new gaming Pc from Scan.

I currently have Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers and never use headphones but I do play music through the Pc as well (but this is definitely a secondary function). What would people recommend as a good/top of the range gaming sound card?

The few reviews out there all appear to contradict each other so peoples views would be welcome.

Thanks
    • spoons33's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Corsair Force GT, 2X 256Gb CRUCIAL M4 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 X EVGA GTX 680 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 850
      • Case:
      • LIAN LI PC-60FNB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 2420T Ducky Keyboard
      • Internet:
      • VM 60Mb Zowie am mouse

Re: 5.1 Gaming Soundcard.

Asus xonar cards are good, I just bought one to improve on the onboard sound and the difference is incredible. I would have been happy to have paid out for the top end xonar cards but in the end went for the basic Xonar DG, as I'd been told it was a good gaming card, the difference in battlefield 3 is miles apart from my onboard sound but music also sounds alot clearer and all for less than £25

Thanks

I am currently in the process of running through a config for a 3XS FT03 Sniper. While it's great that Sandy Bridge has been updated to Ivy Bridge, it's worrisome that the 1GB Asus GTX 560 TI has disappeared as has the whole Sound Cards section. :~

It seems to me as though constant tweaking is going on, and I'm going to have to wait until the end of May now, before placing an order in case any more changes are made.

Sort it out Scan.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aires View Post
    I am currently in the process of running through a config for a 3XS FT03 Sniper. While it's great that Sandy Bridge has been updated to Ivy Bridge, it's worrisome that the 1GB Asus GTX 560 TI has disappeared as has the whole Sound Cards section. :~

It seems to me as though constant tweaking is going on, and I'm going to have to wait until the end of May now, before placing an order in case any more changes are made.

Sort it out Scan.
    Call them up and explain your situation, best way to get any movement.
    Failing that, get them to build it without the sound card + GFX card, and install them yourself when your rig arrives.

Thread Information