Thread: Corsair Carbide Case 300r question

Thanks

Corsair Carbide Case 300r question

Hello all

A question about the

Within a couple of weeks I will buy the 3XS Z77 system. When speccing the PC, I have chosen the Corsair Carbide Case 300r.

It says that it comes with 2 fans already - but with options to use more fans.
    Do I need to add more fans - or are the 2 in the case sufficient? - for cooling a system that has an i5 processor, GTX670 or 680 card, SSD, etc....

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsa...usb-30-w-o-psu

Thanks

Thanks
    • drharvey12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3960X (C2) @ 4.6ghz (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair X79 Memory Dominator GT 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz CAS 9 XMP DHX Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair FORCE & (2x) Crucial M4 512GB SSD's & 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K & 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x POV TGT Beast GTX 680's in SLI (Watercooled)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE Nvidia 3D Vision 2 @ 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Re: Corsair Carbide Case 300r question

Hi Cactus,

The one thing you shouldn't have to worry about is SCAN selling a preconfigured system that doesn't have adequate cooling. As long as the case is kept in a well ventilated area with a decent flow of air it should be ok as is.

The 670 & 680 are designed to exhaust the majority of the air from the fan out the back of the case anyway and an Ivybridge I5 shouldn't run too hot anyway unless it's being heavily overclocked.

I'd maybe think about some sidefans if you were running multiple GPU's in order to make sure that both cards got adequate airflow.

Fitting a fan to a case is pretty easy, especially as the 300R has so many places where fans can be fitted. I'd probably leave it as it is initially and monitor your temps. If that card is getting a little toasty under load after a couple of hours then I'd maybe think about an extra fan on the side. Sometimes adding extra fans into a case can mess up the airflow and cause more problems than they solve so adding fans just for the sake of them is not always a good idea.

3. Received thanks from:

cactusjack (12-06-2012)

Thread Information