Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm being ignored by Scan

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm being ignored by Scan

I'm getting very concerned that I may have ordered my new PC off the wrong company.

I initially ordered it on June 6th and received an e-mail on the 18th telling me my build date was 29th June, ie tomorrow. In the meantime I have e-mailed both the 'queries' e-mail address and the philipp e-mail address three times with questions and so far been completely ignored.

First I e-mailed to ask what cable I need to connect my new monitor to the PC or if it was included - ignored.

Then I e-mailed concerned that it was nearly my build date and that the specified graphics card had been out of stock for a long time and didn't want to miss my build date. I offered to pay extra for alternative cards to make life easier and ensure the build wasn't delayed - ignored.

I e-mailed again this morning as the specified GPU was still out of stock and build is due tomorrow, specifying the card I wanted to replace it for that is in stock, quoting the part numbers and offering my credit card details to pay the difference - so far ignored.

Now, I haven't used Scan before and everything I read about the finished systems seems good, but this complete lack of response to enquiries is totally unacceptable when you're spending 50 quid, let alone 1700.

Can some one please do something to restore my faith in my choice of PC supplier please?

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Re: I'm being ignored by Scan

Have you tried giving them a ring?

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Hello Caulkhead,

Sorry to hear of the problems that your having, could you email me your invoice number and ill look into it right away.

philipp@scan.co.uk

Best Regards

Registered+
    Thanks

Sent, thanks for the prompt response!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Vaad's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z77X-D3H Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5-3570K CPU @ 4.6GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 4x4G CML16GX3M4A1600C9 L
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX680
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650M ENTHUSIAST
      • Case:
      • CORSAIR CARBIDE 300R BLACK
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3X LG IPS235V On XFX Triple Monitor Stand
      • Internet:
      • 40MB Cable

When did people become so phone shy, I phoned scan to change parts of my order and asked a few questions. Every thing was answered and I even got an email to confirm the change to my order. You have to realise that they probley get 1000's of emails a day. Your going to get lost in the system. Just pick up the phone and go direct to someone that can help

Thanks

Have to say I've pinged off a couple of emails and got a prompt response, and telephoned in a couple of changes to my build. The best service I have ever had when buying a new system. Really impressed with Scan.

Thanks
    • drharvey12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3960X (C2) @ 4.6ghz (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair X79 Memory Dominator GT 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz CAS 9 XMP DHX Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair FORCE & (2x) Crucial M4 512GB SSD's & 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K & 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x POV TGT Beast GTX 680's in SLI (Watercooled)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE Nvidia 3D Vision 2 @ 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by jgreetham View Post
    Have to say I've pinged off a couple of emails and got a prompt response, and telephoned in a couple of changes to my build. The best service I have ever had when buying a new system. Really impressed with Scan.
    Same here - I've had the best service from SCAN that I've received from pretty much any purchase I can think of. I can't praise them highly enough. I do tend to phone them up though but have emailed them in the past and got a pretty quick response back from them.

Hopefully you're experience with them Caulkhead will be the same as mine from here on out

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vaad View Post
    When did people become so phone shy, I phoned scan to change parts of my order and asked a few questions. Every thing was answered and I even got an email to confirm the change to my order. You have to realise that they probley get 1000's of emails a day. Your going to get lost in the system. Just pick up the phone and go direct to someone that can help
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I work in an environment where accessing a phone during working hours is difficult.

As soon as I posted this thread I got an e-mail apologising, confirming stock availability and asking me if I wanted to proceed with the build tomorrow as per my original order or with an upgrade. I replied with a question and have since made the effort to call twice but the person was unavailable both times and still await my calls or my e-mail to be returned to confirm what spec they are supposed to start building tomorrow.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgreetham View Post
    I don't know whether you're lucky or I'm unlucky but I'm still waiting for a response from a week ago to a simple question about whether a particular cable is included or not.

Hopefully service will improve from here on in!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drharvey12 View Post
    Same here - I've had the best service from SCAN that I've received from pretty much any purchase I can think of. I can't praise them highly enough. I do tend to phone them up though but have emailed them in the past and got a pretty quick response back from them.

Hopefully you're experience with them Caulkhead will be the same as mine from here on out
    I do hope so. Most of the reviews I read prior to order were positive, but I'm really getting a poor impression currently.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Vaad's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z77X-D3H Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5-3570K CPU @ 4.6GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 4x4G CML16GX3M4A1600C9 L
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX680
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650M ENTHUSIAST
      • Case:
      • CORSAIR CARBIDE 300R BLACK
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3X LG IPS235V On XFX Triple Monitor Stand
      • Internet:
      • 40MB Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Caulkhead View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I work in an environment where accessing a phone during working hours is difficult.

As soon as I posted this thread I got an e-mail apologising, confirming stock availability and asking me if I wanted to proceed with the build tomorrow as per my original order or with an upgrade. I replied with a question and have since made the effort to call twice but the person was unavailable both times and still await my calls or my e-mail to be returned to confirm what spec they are supposed to start building tomorrow.
    Well i hope you get things sorted out

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vaad View Post
    Well i hope you get things sorted out
    Me too, thanks!

The last contact I had from Scan was an e-mail at 1400 asking me a question. Since then I've sent two e-mails which haven't been answered as of 2000 this evening and rang twice this afternoon, in both cases I was told Philip was in a meeting which was evidently more important than me and despite being told he would call me back as soon as he was out of the meeting, this has not happened.

There is a lot of positive feedback about the quality of service provided by Scan so I guess I must just be unlucky.

Registered+
    Thanks

Well, as of 1100 this morning none of my e-mails had been answered nor my calls returned as promised so I rang again and got through to Nisha. She immediately gave me sense that my enquiry mattered to her and she wanted to put things right. After a brief chat she put me through to Jit in sales to discuss the outstanding upgrade questions which we sorted after he checked everything was in stock and passed the new spec through and asked for my build to start ASAP to ensure I didn't miss my build slot.

Feeling much better right now and hopefully everything will proceed smoothly from here, it's just a shame about the lack of communication earlier. Fingers crossed I hope I'll soon be able to recommend Scan!

Registered+
    Thanks

Just received an e-mail sent at 1201 saying my build has now started. A quick check also shows the parts list has been updated to reflect the changes I made less than an hour ago.

It's starting to look like I've just been a bit unlucky as the service I'm receiving now is very good and I look forward to it continuing.

15. Received thanks from:

Phage (29-06-2012)

Registered+
    Thanks

whaatt.. lucky guy. my build date is 28th and mine hasn't even started yet!

what going on at scan they seem super busy, high demand for 3xs systems this time of year

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zenin View Post
    whaatt.. lucky guy. my build date is 28th and mine hasn't even started yet!

what going on at scan they seem super busy, high demand for 3xs systems this time of year
    They certainly seem very busy - fingers crossed they'll start building yours ASAP.

Thread Information