Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Ordered 3XS Z77 Vengeance OC plus a couple of extra's Maybe here maybe not !!!

Thanks

Re: Just Ordered 3XS Z77 Vengeance OC plus a couple of extra's Maybe here maybe not !

Nearly there - it will be worth the wait

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K OC to 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, DDR3, 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial M4, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • 850W Corsair AX Series V2
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Dell U2711 Widescreen LCD

Re: Just Ordered 3XS Z77 Vengeance OC plus a couple of extra's Maybe here maybe not !

Thanks just a little disappointed that the communication seems to dry up towards the end.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletsboy View Post
    Thanks just a little disappointed that the communication seems to dry up towards the end.
    Agreed, however I found the communication was equally lacking to start with. I ordered my system back on 19/7/12 after being told the average wait time was 2-3 weeks. After a bit of chasing it then took until the 27/7/12 to even get a build number and date, which I was told would be 7/8/12 and ready for despatch by 10/8/12 (today). The frustrating thing is for that 1+ week there was no updates whatsoever, you couldn't track your order - all that was visible to the customer was that they're said a 2-3 week wait, taken your money and then gone silent.

After getting to 8/8/12 and having seen (from the tracker) that my build hadn't started I chased again. I got an email back from Lee P saying that they are incredibly busy and are 3 days behind with builds due to "...due to a failure on a large suite of systems which we were building, which have had problematic items and have caused a much regrettable delay in building...". So I'm here on the day that my build is supposed to be finished at it's currently at Stage 4. If all goes well I suspect it will be middle of next week before it's ready for despatch, at which point I suspect it will be w/b 20/8/12 before I actually receive my machine - and now I'm worried about NetSolve after YaoNg's post here.

Some might argue that 4-5 weeks to get a machine of good build quality is fine, but imho that is an awfully long time - especially when your expectations are set at 2-3 weeks when you part with your money! Long build times (and lack of communication, leading customers to chase) appears to be a common theme for Scan and I'd love to understand what they have done (and are doing) to address this for their customers.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bodin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77 Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770 @ 4.6ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair Jet Black @ 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2x256gb SSD 1 x 2 tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 680 SC SIG 2 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 (64 bit)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 30" Ultrasharp
      • Internet:
      • Sky - too slow

I've had the same problems as you guys. I made my order at the start of the month and didn't get the estimated completion date until after a week had passed and I had to do some serious badgering. Not sure whether it was the badgering or just their processes that caused me to get me the update.

I agree with you guys though, you can only rely on your reputation for quality builds for so long. As I've said to scan I would rather be told 1 month and it take 2 weeks, than told 2 weeks and it be 1 month. Got to manage your customers expectations and update them quickly after they have agreed to part with their cash.

Are people that impatient that if they said it's going to take 5 weeks they would go elswhere? I don't think so, i think most of the people here appreciate the work involved and the good quality of the product...they just like clear advice on delivery.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Yeah now I have read the thread on Yaong's post, Im thinking do I just say use the couriers

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Well just spoke to Lee and my system should be ready to be shipped on Monday fingers crossed

Thanks
    • drharvey12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3960X (C2) @ 4.6ghz (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair X79 Memory Dominator GT 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz CAS 9 XMP DHX Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair FORCE & (2x) Crucial M4 512GB SSD's & 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K & 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x POV TGT Beast GTX 680's in SLI (Watercooled)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE Nvidia 3D Vision 2 @ 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Yeah now I have read the thread on Yaong's post, Im thinking do I just say use the couriers
    It seems as though you get somewhat of a mixture of engineers. The guy that came to install my PC in London was fine. Set everything up and took out all the packaging for me. Booted it into windows and checked the device manager to make sure that nothing was showing as uninstalled or inoperable. Probably only spent 10 minutes or so with me but that was all that was needed.

Sadly Netsolve was able to deliver to my area I live in now so I had to use DPD and whilst the driver was a really nice bloke I get the feeling they are not quite so used to dealing with ultra high end computer equipment. My system was put in the back of a large van, totally unsecured and I was concerned at the time about how safely it would get to Scan. Still, it did arrive intact although there was some signs that the box was slightly more damaged then when it left me.

I would still choose to deal with a Netsolve engineer who delivers in a car as opposed to DPD as I feel my system would be safer in transit that way no matter what the actual netsolve engineer turns out to be like. You could always get lucky and get a really good engineer too!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drharvey12 View Post
    It seems as though you get somewhat of a mixture of engineers. The guy that came to install my PC in London was fine. Set everything up and took out all the packaging for me. Booted it into windows and checked the device manager to make sure that nothing was showing as uninstalled or inoperable. Probably only spent 10 minutes or so with me but that was all that was needed.

Sadly Netsolve was able to deliver to my area I live in now so I had to use DPD and whilst the driver was a really nice bloke I get the feeling they are not quite so used to dealing with ultra high end computer equipment. My system was put in the back of a large van, totally unsecured and I was concerned at the time about how safely it would get to Scan. Still, it did arrive intact although there was some signs that the box was slightly more damaged then when it left me.

I would still choose to deal with a Netsolve engineer who delivers in a car as opposed to DPD as I feel my system would be safer in transit that way no matter what the actual netsolve engineer turns out to be like. You could always get lucky and get a really good engineer too!!!
    I was lucky enough to get a polite engineer who knew his stuff and talked me through everything - ben says he will come along to do the minor usb repair that is needed

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Cool I had a email from Oli, who I guess is going to deliver my system maybe tomorrow or the day after

Thanks

Oli was my engineer! He was awesome. Very polite.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Thanks that has put my mind at rest

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Well I thought happy days, I get my computer today, but no. I had a email at 17:38 on 13/8/12 to say my computer would be delivered AM on the 14/8/12 please call Oli, Well I do not finish work untill 6pm and get home at 7pm. I leave a message for Oli to call me to see if it can be any other day but to call me as that is what I call very short notice, well the wife takes the day off work and waits. Well no one turns up so I phone Oli and get told, ohh I was in your area earlier, but im not now !!!!! (well why not deliver my pc then !!! or call me back!!!) I cant do it now till maybe next Tuesday WTF !!!!!.

I have not had time to call scan but I will be tomorrow and telling them how piss off I am. I think it is totally out of line to expect some one to be home during a working day with less than 12 hours notice, and then on the day not to phone me back, I have to call him. Now have to wait to see when he can come which he tells me is maybe next Tuesday. NO IT WONT BE MAYBE OLI, IT WILL BE. I have had to wait over a month for this then at 18:50 I get a scan email saying my pc is at stage 9 !!! and then bang with out warning it be with you tomorrow. Am I the only one who feels that is poor service. Let me know your thought please

Registered+
    Thanks

Well I thought happy days, I get my computer today, but no. I had a email at 17:38 on 13/8/12 to say my computer would be delivered AM on the 14/8/12 please call Oli, Well I do not finish work untill 6pm and get home at 7pm. I leave a message for Oli to call me to see if it can be any other day but to call me as that is what I call very short notice, well the wife takes the day off work and waits. Well no one turns up so I phone Oli and get told, ohh I was in your area earlier, but im not now !!!!! (well why not deliver my pc then !!! or call me back!!!) I cant do it now till maybe next Tuesday WTF !!!!!.

I have not had time to call scan but I will be tomorrow and telling them how piss off I am. I think it is totally out of line to expect some one to be home during a working day with less than 12 hours notice, and then on the day not to phone me back, I have to call him. Now have to wait to see when he can come which he tells me is maybe next Tuesday. NO IT WONT BE MAYBE OLI, IT WILL BE. I have had to wait over a month for this then at 18:50 I get a scan email saying my pc is at stage 9 !!! and then bang with out warning it be with you tomorrow. Am I the only one who feels that is poor service. Let me know your thought please
    What happened in the end with this? It's a shame as other people here had good experiences with Oli.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Well I call scan and got the run around, they said it was with Netsolve and I had to contact them, I said how poor the service was and they said at least they did let you know when they would be delivering it, I said that less than 12 hours is not acceptable. There answer was well tough, what did make me laugh is when I said to them could you get time off that quick they said NO. Then they said they would look into it and speak with Ben and get back to me, That was yesterday and still no contact from scan.

But on the good side of this I had a call from Oli today and its going to be with me on Monday, he was very nice and polite, So i hope this mess will be sorted out, but has left me unhappy that I spend nearly £3k and don't feel valued

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Scarletsboy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX 690
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):

Well The day is finally here I will have my new pc in the next hour and I cant wait !!! I will get some pictures up as soon as I can for you guys.

Thanks
    • drharvey12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3960X (C2) @ 4.6ghz (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair X79 Memory Dominator GT 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz CAS 9 XMP DHX Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair FORCE & (2x) Crucial M4 512GB SSD's & 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K & 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x POV TGT Beast GTX 680's in SLI (Watercooled)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE Nvidia 3D Vision 2 @ 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Well The day is finally here I will have my new pc in the next hour and I cant wait !!! I will get some pictures up as soon as I can for you guys.
    Pleased that you've finally got it and looking forward to seeing the pics once they're up

Thinking about putting some sort of build together to go with the leftover bits from my recent rebuild so I'd be interested to see what you think of yours once you've had time to test it all out. Specifically if you're happy to take a closeup of the H100 on the mobo and the clearance around the CPU / RAM that would be great. Due to the height of my northbridge controller HSF fitting one of the larger air coolers would seem to be a nogo. The H100 seems to not have any clearance issues though and might be perfect as long as you get on with it ok and give it your recommendation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information