• Palit GTX 670 JetStream
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX V2
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 / Ubuntu

Fully Custom PC?

Hi, i'm just wondering whether i could put a basket together with all the necessary components from scratch, and pay a fee for the 3XS team to put it together and warranty it, or does my PC have to be customised from one of the pre-designed models on the site?
    Cheers.

Thanks
    • pctech2012's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE H61MA-D2V
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 3450 Ivy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate Barracuda 500GB Sata 3GB/s
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce 550Ti 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600 Watt Gamer Series
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master 430 Elite
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung S23A550H LED
      • Internet:
      • Xilo Communications 4.5 Meg ADSL2+

Re: Fully Custom PC?

I think you'll find they'll tell you it has to be from the specified parts as they'll have tested all the options they offer under a system type so that any combination should work together.

Thanks

Tou can start with a PC from the website, but can change the parts chosen by ringing Scan.

Alternatively, if you ring Scan and talk to someone from Sales, I believe they can spec you a PC using your own chosen parts? - but slightly unsure on this.

I do know however that there is a reasonable flexibility with customising further the specs from their website.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fjo View Post
    Hi, i'm just wondering whether i could put a basket together with all the necessary components from scratch, and pay a fee for the 3XS team to put it together and warranty it, or does my PC have to be customised from one of the pre-designed models on the site?
    Cheers.
    Apart from saving you a little bit of time, is there any major benefit? You won't get support and and therefore it's probably better for you to build it youself so you are aware of how it all fits and works, hardware as well as software. Things like drivers can be a bit fiddly, etc.

To be honest, the systems they have are pretty damn good and tested thoroughly, and with their support it'll be a much easier experience.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YaoNg View Post
    Apart from saving you a little bit of time, is there any major benefit? You won't get support and and therefore it's probably better for you to build it youself so you are aware of how it all fits and works, hardware as well as software. Things like drivers can be a bit fiddly, etc.

To be honest, the systems they have are pretty damn good and tested thoroughly, and with their support it'll be a much easier experience.

What do you mean? I wish you could do this as well. Mainly because the default 670 they list is much worse than ones that are a similar price on their site. Also, I'd like to have the Samsung 830 SSD, but it's not an option.

I hope it is as the guy above said though and you can tell them to do this after ordering. Not sure what I'll do.

Fjo
    Thanks
    • Fjo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3550
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance JBLP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX 670 JetStream
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX V2
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 / Ubuntu

I've ordered my system. If you put together a basket of compatible components on Scan and save the basket, you can give them a call and ask to order a fully custom system. Let them know that you've stored a basket and can email them a link to it, and they'll sort you out a quote. All the staff i've talked to have been awesome and you can initially put what you want in, and amend anything before they start building and they'll just alter the price accordingly. My system to the left is the build they're currently putting together for me, and i selected all the parts.

Thread Information