Thread: If you have a Scan PC for audio and you use Cakwalk's Sonar you should read this

Registered+
    Thanks

Exclamation If you have a Scan PC for audio and you use Cakwalk's Sonar you should read this

I've been having some trouble with Sonar X2 not recognising some plugins. It turns out that Cakewalk code needs Windows '8.3 file name' generation to be left switched on (the default) and I am wondering if Scan turn it off when they optimise Windows for audio in a DAW PC. I say this because I have no other idea as to how it came to be switched off on my 3XS - I didn't even know what it was!
    Anyway, here is a thread on the Sonar forum that will be of assistance to anyone with a Scan PC that has had odd issues with Sonar:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2681013

John

Thanks

Re: If you have a Scan PC for audio and you use Cakwalk's Sonar you should read this

Hi John,

It's an odd one because its not something we'd adjust here. Even more bizarely it's not somthing I was aware you could mod or change at all until this post! Glad you've found the solution through and thanks for posting as it'll be something to watch out for in the future.

Cheers,
    Pete.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: If you have a Scan PC for audio and you use Cakwalk's Sonar you should read this

Hi Pete,
    A bizarre one indeed.
    Anyway, for info the link I gave includes a little utility to run on Cmd line which displays the current settings for this if anyone needs to check.

Thread Information