Thread: Graphite LG1510 upgrade

Thanks

Graphite LG1510 upgrade

Hi all,
    Recently purchased a Graphite LG1510, based on the Clevo P150SM. I've decided I need more ram and another HD so brought a MSATA 250gb and 2x8GB from Scan.
    The machine currently has 2x8GB installed in one of the bottom bays and a 256GB SSD in another bottom bay.

Is this machine able to take the additional ram and hard drive, it is according to Clevo's specifications on their website, but I can't find the MSATA slot or the extra ram slots anywhere.

I've left a couple of messages on the 3XS answer line and I've filled in an online support request, I've even mailed and called Clevo but got nowhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Elliot

Thanks
    • Rob @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro (on it's very last legs!)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair Dominator
      • Storage:
      • NAS box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 460 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x 19"
      • Internet:
      • 60 Mb Virgin Media

Re: Graphite LG1510 upgrade

Hi Elliot,

The laptop you have will be able to take the mSATA and extra RAM.

The mSATA slot should be under the large cover on the underside of the laptop and the extra RAM slots are underneath the keyboard.

Regards,
    Rob

Thanks

Re: Graphite LG1510 upgrade

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and am looking for advice from someone that owns the P150SM model Graphite LG1510.

I have been looking online for the last few weeks at various different gaming laptops and brands from Alienware Mx series, to Asus G75x to MSI GE/GX and stumbled across Scan and the Clevo laptops (graphites).

The P150SM looks ace and the configurator allows me to customise the perfect system. I am looking to get an i7 processor (4700mq) alongside the Radeon HD 8970. The reason for the Radeon? Various benchmarking websites and reviews show that it is 10% faster than the 770M and only 15% slower than 780M.

Anyway; I finally read a review from NotebookCheck on the P150SM (clevo laptop) and a few things concern me, which I hope you can re-assure me about.

Namely the noise level of the fan. How loud does this laptop actually get? Reviews are stating the idle noise level is at 36db with 54db at full load. I understand that it is going to be somewhat noisy as its a powerful beast underneath but does it detract from the overall experience? For example; if I decide to watch a DVD on it, will the sound of the fan drown out the sound of the speaker? I will likely play games on a headset but don't want the wife complaining that it is too noisy if she is in the lounge and watching tv. If I am just browsing the net, or checking my emails I'd sooner not hear the fan if its not necessary.

To be honest, its only the mystery of the noise level that is putting me off purchasing; as reviews may be overexaggerating the fan noise.

My work colleagues are trying to steer me towards getting a Nvidea card (770m) despite the Radeon performing better due to ATI driver issues I might have. Do you have any advice on this? I'd preferrably like the Radeon as its closer to the 780m in terms of power but not at the expensive of having compatibility / performance issues with drivers.

Many thanks,
    Dave Wilma.

Thread Information