Thread: System won't stay asleep (Windows 8)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • SuperJag86's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 3TB Seagate HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5
      • PSU:
      • 600W Corsair Gaming Series
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ 24in 1080P TN
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Fibre 30 Mb

System won't stay asleep (Windows 8)

Hi guys,

I got my brand new system this week and whenever I send the system to sleep it automatically wakes up after 25 to 30 seconds every time.

Any suggestions?

I've tried going into Device Manager and only letting my keyboard resume the system from sleep and not my mouse or ethernet controller.
    I've also run 'powercfg -energy' in Command Prompt which told me there was an issue with my Realtek HD Audio driver but after I updated that the system still wouldn't stay asleep.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jag

P.S. My full system specs are on the right but I'm using Windows 8 and the motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87-HD3.

Thanks

Re: System won't stay asleep (Windows 8)

I see Ben has replied to you in regards to this.

If you still have any issues regarding this, please can you contact us either by replying to the email we sent, or via the below link:
    https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...px?QueryType=T

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJag86 View Post
    Hi guys,

I got my brand new system this week and whenever I send the system to sleep it automatically wakes up after 25 to 30 seconds every time.

Any suggestions?

I've tried going into Device Manager and only letting my keyboard resume the system from sleep and not my mouse or ethernet controller.
    I've also run 'powercfg -energy' in Command Prompt which told me there was an issue with my Realtek HD Audio driver but after I updated that the system still wouldn't stay asleep.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jag

P.S. My full system specs are on the right but I'm using Windows 8 and the motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87-HD3.

Hi Jag
    I had exactly the same sleep problem last week and tried the same fixes as you have but I eventually found a link which identified the problem as being the Samsung Magician software which comes along with the Samsung SSD's. I had just installed a new Samsung EVO 120GB drive and upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and the system would only sleep for about 20 seconds before kicking on again.

To implement the fix I disabled Magician as one of the Start programmes and then went through all the Sleep settings again - disabled Wake on Lan, Mouse/Keyboard wake settings etc. I also checked out all the devices in Device Manager to see what might wake the system up. (I had done this all several times before to no avail before I came across the Magician fix). I think it's OK to use the Magician software as long as you don't implement any of the preset optimisation profiles. Anyway after doing all that the system sleeps like a baby and never wakes up until I press the PC's on/off button (another custom setting in the sleep profile I'm using as I've disabled the mouse wake setting). Anyway if you still haven't fixed the problem this may help.
    Good luck.

Del

Thanks

You should actually run "powercfg /lastwake" to find out what last woke up the computer.
    Jon

Thread Information