Thread: Build question

Thanks

Question Build question

I placed a fair sized order for a system and some other bits nearly a week ago (25th ~midday) and I only just got a build number this morning.

How long will the rest of the process take as I understood it would be "up to" 10 days. I've been waiting 5 days (6 if you work Saturdays) and it's still and its status has been "awaiting build" all day.

I understand that building and testing can take a day or two but why has it been 5 days and the build isn't even started? Awaiting parts? Too busy? I don't really mind what the delay is but not knowing that there is a delay or what it is or even how long it COULD be is very frustrating.

Can someone let me know a rough date for delivery as there are other things in my life I need to organize!

Thanks

Re: Build question

If you can post your invoice number, we'll look into this for you.

Thanks

00e2108738

Thanks

Thank you - I'll ask the system team to update you tomorrow with the eta.

Thanks

I've got to say that you guys have been great so far. I'm pleased I ordered with you BUT....

Getting information out of you is a bit of a chore. I sent an email via the website form (the only way other than to phone as far as I know) and didn't get a response, automatic or otherwise. I know your build team are very busy at the moment but I only find this out by calling you and asking why the delivery date on my invoice is 23 days after I order (instead of up to 10 days).

Then I wanted to make an alteration to the order and used the web form again. The only way I know you got the email and that the order is being altered is to call a couple of days later and ask.

You should think about adding an automatic response on the web form so that people know when they have contacted you. Also when orders are changed or questions asked on the form a manual response would also be a great idea.

And sorry for being one of those pain in the arse customers

David

Thread Information