Thread: How busy are you guys?

Thanks

Red face How busy are you guys?

First, hello from end of the world, by some called Hawick.

Was wondering if some bored (or nice... or both) person from scan can answer few questions for me.
    I've placed order for my beautiful new machine last friday. I used to buy all, privately and for work, from overclockers for last 7 years, but their prices went too much up and their service too much down. So here I am!

Can someone please give me more or less estimated waiting time for build machine? I know website say "estimated time is 10 working days" but you know how busy you are and how long it usually can take.

Also can someone please have a look at items at invoice E2113282 and check if there are no obvious upgrades to go for? Like better pick "item B" instead of "item A" as for just XX£ more you have much better component. I would really appreciate that. Assuming building process haven't started yet it is possible to make some changes?

I am still not sure fractal design R4 was good choice for case, even I like how it looks all this sound damping foams scare me a little in OC system.

Many thanks!

Thanks

Re: How busy are you guys?

Dear Scan

I would also like to know the eta of my new 3xs machine which i ordered on monday, payment was authorised 2 days ago and not much else since, i also do not have a build number, i was under the impression that it would take up to 10 working days?

Also in my build i have purchased an nvidia 780, so will i get a Batman Origins game code with it as i really want the game?

Cheers

James P

Thanks

To hijack my post like that

Thanks

Not really, we as customers want answers, simple.

Thanks

And we still don't have answers.

Thanks

Be prepared for a wait. I placed my order Last month, payment was sorted on the 24th.

My estimated build date is the 15th October, estimated completion date 18th October.

As I understand it they do have a hell of a lot of work on which is pushing the length of time between placing an order and completion well beyond the 10 days.

Communication is key though if customers are to be kept happy and it does seem to be a recurring topic on the forum that no-one has any idea what is happening after they place their order.

I don't think people mind waiting the extra time too much, but if it's going to be longer than the 10 days they need to be told ASAP. I hate to use the term but "Managing customer expectation" really does apply.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait in all our cases though

Thanks

Fully agree Jim, i have just this second got my build number through email and my estimated build and completion date is the exact same as yours, lets hope its true aye

Thanks

Also received the email with build number.
    I was only asking about estimated build date as next week I am traveling to Warrington and could pick computer on the way back. 14 days (10 working days) waiting for custom build PC is really not bad. As said before I used to shop at OC, where custom build was usually taking about week. Yeah it was faster, but for comparison Scan was almost 500£ cheaper on 2k build... yup that is correct 500£. For 500£ I am happy to wait. Also I would like to point I had some email conversation with Lee Pennington who I understood is a sales man, but his knowledge was great and usually I had reply in 1-2 minutes, again something OC staff is lacking. If the PC will come build as good as OC then I will be happy bunny

Thanks

Hi all

Sorry I was off work yesterday and it looks like nobody else from Scan checked the forum

Glad to hear that all of you now have received your build number so you can track the status of your builds.

To answer your main specific question: we are extremely busy at the moment. This is a great thing for the business but obviously not good for customers who may have to wait longer than anticipated for their systems.

For this reason we're currently expanding our system build department at the moment to cut the leadtime. It will obviously take some time to hire and train all the new staff that we'll be adding, but in the medium term systems will be built and delivered quicker to customers.

Thanks

Hi James,

Thanks for post, I have received reply to my post from Shaun and Phil so definitely your colleagues are checking forum regulary
    As weird as it sounds I am very happy you are extremely busy. For low price and good build quality I am sure everyone will be happy to wait for their new machine.

Thread Information