Thread: 3XS pre built system q

Thanks

3XS pre built system q

hi

i am writing this on a friends behalf.

he purchased a new 3XS overclocked system from you guys and was happy with the pc. however, shortly after he started using it for gaming, he noticed that after 1 hr of gaming the pc frooze and shut down. this happened all the time.

he reset the bios to standard settings and the issues stopped. this appears to be an overclock problem.

now he hadn't touched it since it left your factory and simply plug and played. do you test all your overclocks for a number of hours before sending out?

he did get back in touch with CS but found them to be very very unhelpful and is disappointed with scan now. this is his 2nd system purchased from you. how many years warranty do the systems have and would you collect and return overclock stability problems that your builders caused?

Thanks

Re: 3XS pre built system q

Hi Silent,

I'm sorry to hear your friend has had issues with his 3XS System, If you could provide us with some details to make contact we will be able to assist further,

I can confirm 3XS Systems undergo an 8 stage build process, including a 24 hour overclock stability test and a 88 point quality control inspection,

Our system warranties :-

Scan Value System:
    From January 2013 onwards are covered by a 2 year warranty. In year 1 the warranty is Collect and Return, so we cover all parts, labour and carriage to and from Scan. In year 2 the warranty is Return to Base, so we cover parts and labour only.

Scan 3XS desktop PC, workstations and servers:
    From December 2013 onwards are covered by a 3 year warranty. Year 1 is an Onsite Warranty that covers parts, labour and an onsite engineer visit or carriage if the system has to be returned to Scan for repair. Years 2 and 3 of the warranty are Return to Base, so we cover parts and labour only.

Scan 3XS laptops:
    All Scan 3XS laptops have a 2 year warranty. In year 1 the warranty is Collect and Return, so we cover all parts, labour and carriage to and from Scan. In year 2 the warranty is Return to Base, which covers all components except the screen and battery

Scan 3XS overclocked bundles:
    All Scan 3XS overclocked bundles are covered by a 3 year Return to Base warranty. This means that we cover parts and labour for the motherboard, RAM and CPU cooler provided in the bundle during this time.

Scan Value bundles:
    All Scan Value bundles are covered by a 2 year Return to Base warranty. This means that we cover parts and labour for the motherboard, RAM and CPU cooler provided in the bundle during this time.
    Please note that for all system types, mechanical hard drives are only covered for the first year of the warranty.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us,

Kind Regards,

Thanks

Re: 3XS pre built system q

thanks Adam. i have chatted to him and he'll get in touch, he wasn't impressed by the lack of enthusiasm when he last spoke to CS about it, referencing a lack of care from the 'not really bothered' conversation he had. i said it isn't the norm! hopefully!

Thread Information