Hello,

On the 25th of June I posted off a power supply for an RMA to Scan for the repair of a faulty fan / refurb unit with that repair carried out.
On the 30th of June my 500w Seasonic S12 power supply unit arrived at Scan, and was accepted as faulty by one of your technicians.
More than a month passed until I contacted Scan again to raise the status of the situation, having heard nothing.

Prompting myself into action, I contacted Scan and asked what the situation was.
I was told firstly, that the unit is not in stock and would I like to look for an alternative. (This was a mistake on that member of staff's part and I accept that)
I replied that I was quite happy with the unit and believed it could be repaired quite easily.
Secondly I was told that as the warranty was running out shortly (1 1/2 months from the date of receipt, now 2 weeks. The unit is still under it's 36 month warranty.) and that I could have a refund of £5.40 + VAT, due to usage / wear and tear etc. A rather bizarre amount of compensation given the cost of the unit, not even covering 1/2 of the cost of postage.
I turned this down and asked for nothing more than a replacement of the unit, new, refurb or repair as before.
Thirdly I was told that the unit is EOL and that my only choice is to have a refund of £5.40 + VAT.

At this point I was basically offended by the notion of getting £6.20 and not having a power supply, defeating the whole point of the warranty.

Through my own efforts I have contacted Seasonic Europe and then Seasonic UK retail RMA, who said the unit should have come to them.

I called Scan at this point and found out that the unit had been sitting in the warehouse until a full pallet of units was ready to send to the RMA centre.
I appreciate the usual system of sending out a brand new replacement if it is in stock is desirable. In my situation the system totally failed and I was left without a PSU, no information and no idea when I was going to get it back.

As a result of all this, I am £15 down from the postage to Scan, and will have to shell out more monies to get it shipped to the RMA centre, which is where it should have gone in the first place.

Why was I told to go through Scan when I would have been better served just sending it direct to the RMA centre?
Failing that, why didn't Scan send it on my behalf, or at least inform me that there might be a wait? (Indeed, the support technician would not even hazard a guess as to when it would be sent back)

This is the third time I've had to waste my time (and now also my money!) sorting out what should be a straightforward process with Scan (The other two times were order issues). I have yet to see any presence of Service or Satisfaction, but 1XS isn't much of a company ethos.
I hope you can appreciate how angry I am at this whole situation.

Yours sincerely, Tom.