Thread: Refunds

Thanks

Refunds

Hey. I've recently bought a PC on SCAN. I tried paying with my Abbey debit card but failed the security check at the end (my bank have my D.O.B down wrong). I assumed the payment wouldn't be taken from my card and paid using Paypal instead. Turns out the payment WAS taken from my card and I ended up buying the same PC twice and going past my overdraft limit on my bank account!

I e-mailed SCAN asking them to cancel the second PC and refund my money. They said it was cancelled and the money was on the way. That was over a week ago and still nothing has shown up in my bank account.

I phoned SCAN today and they said the payment was sent on the 11th and to contact my bank instead. My bank told me there's no payment there yet.

Can someone tell me exactly how long it usually takes SCAN to arrange a refund?

Also, on the PC I paid for with Paypal, I paid extra for delivery on a Saturday. They said that wouldn't be possible and that I'd have to wait a few more days instead. They told me they'd refund the extra I paid for the Saturday delivery and I still haven't received that either. Is this how SCAN normally deals with customers?

Thanks

Re: Refunds

Hi,

The refund was processed on the 11th however it can take 3-5 working days to reach your account, therefore the funds should be showing back in your account by the middle of this week.

Regards,

Thread Information