Hi,

I've had this running for a few months now and while I've been happy with its performance in providing power, I'm less happy with its noise levels. From what I've read online, it's supposed to be a pretty quiet PSU, but in my opinion, my one isn't as quiet as it should be.

It's by far the most noisy component in my case, noticeably louder than my old QTechnology unit. I wouldn't say it's in a particularly high-draw rig - it's got a Q6600 at stock speeds but isn't pushed particularly hard.

The best way I can describe the noise is as a general whirr that doesn't sound very smooth. Now it might just be me, but I would expect lower sound levels from a quality brand like FSP. Maybe not from a no-brand generic PSU, but definitely from a respected name.

The problem is that it's in a computer that's being used pretty much daily as a server; we can't afford for it to be out for a long time. Would it be possible to do a on-site swap - i.e. when the replacement arrives, I hand the old unit to the courier? I've done that before with various monitors (strangely enough, also because of them emitting sounds), would appreciate it if we could sort something similar out.

Thanks,

Leggie