Guys here is the situation..and firstly, this is by no means a dig at scan.

XFX 4870 purchased 9 months ago IS faulty, how have i determined this to be the fault ?

Tested it in numerous PC's at home, works in 1 of 3.

Took the whole pc to scan today and spoke to two nice blokes on the tech desk, one looks like the guy from superbad ? ( no really, he does). They were kind enough to test the card in 3 of scans machines, booted in one pc, but the other two pc's nadda, nish, zilch, nothing.

They witnessed the pre bios artifacting like MAD on the actual pc i took in, and witnessed themselves the card fault on the pc's they tested it in.

What i dont get is its been 3 weeks i recieved the card back on friday after it had been RMA'd with xfx, this is the reply i got from the xfxsupport website.

"Hi, thanks for your message and for letting us know. The card was tested on four systems, using various diagnostics including 3DMark 06 / Vantage, Furmark, Rendering utilities etc, we also ran the card in the latest games including Lost planet, Far Cry 2, Crysis/Crysis Warhead, Devil May cry 4, Resident evil 5, DIRT 2 and HAWX. If the card was faulty it would have shown up. Hope all goes well, however if any queries or problems please keep us posted. Kind regards Paul "

Not quite sure how this is possible considering the card is well and truely ferked, to rule out any other hardware problems the guys at scan tested the psu, installed an asus 4890 into the system and all worked perfectly fine as my initial thought was the mobo was on its way out, the asus 4890 proved this wasnt the case.

Now the pc has been inactive for 3 weeks already, i know this isnt down to scan but here is my gripe and hopefully somebody can sort it out for me.

Travel 30mins ish to scan from Preston

Scan send XFX card to be tested...IN PRESTON 10mins from my house. My friend knows a guy who works there called Jason, he said my warranty is with Scan, not XFX.

Card then gets returned to scan

Card gets posted to me.

Now...im sure you can agree that with the testing site being 10mins from my house all that inbetween lark/hassle for myself/scan could be skipped ?

This card issue really needs sorting guys, i know i wont get a response til atleast monday but i want to get it sorted ASAP, hopefully il have a reply before monday as im coming back up to buy a new system for the mrs dad and a few other bits and bobs (majority of my earnings goes to scan? bleeding me dry!)

Feel free to PM me for the XFX RMA number/XFX ticket number/Scan RMA number.

Regards Andy.