Thread: Disappointment and Frustration

Thanks

Exclamation Disappointment and Frustration

Hi I wasn’t getting anywhere with customer service via the website so I thought I would post here and see if anyone can help.

I ordered and paid for 2x EVGA GTX 690’s LN45083 on 03/05/12 which your website indicated would be in stock by 10/05/12. When my order was not dispatched I contacted customer service via your website to query the delay and also to enquire when you would be taking stock of some Corsair Ram LN42184 (Query 1035900). The reply suggested the items would be available 15/16th of May.

Given the above revised expected stock availability I placed a further order for PC components which brought the value of the two orders to £3055.59, a not inconsiderable amount.

The revised dates were not met so I again contacted customer service yesterday (Query 1035900). The reply indicated you were unable to contact EVGA because they were unavailable and the Corsair Ram LN42184 should be available early next week.

Today I received a status update (Query 1035900) which now informs me the graphics cards LN45083 have no expected arrival date. This seems totally contradictory to what I have been led to believe by earlier customer service representatives. This is extremely poor customer service and the misinformation has resulted in me missing an opportunity to amend my order to my second choice as they are also now out of stock.

Could you please advise of the problems regarding the supply of the graphics cards and whether you will be getting a delivery in the near future this will enable me to make a decision on how to move forward and minimize any more frustrating delays.

To add insult to injury since ordering part of my PC components you have dropped the price of the motherboard by £16.

Thanks
    • Rookie1986's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3900X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket NVMe m.2 1TB (PCIe 4)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AsRock Taichi AMD Radeon 5700 XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850i
      • Case:
      • Lian Li o11 Dynamic
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • MSI Optix MPG341QR // Dell Dell S2421H
      • Internet:
      • BT Full Fibre 900

Re: Disappointment and Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Drax View Post
    To add insult to injury since ordering part of my PC components you have dropped the price of the motherboard by £16.
    I can't comment on the rest of your order issues but in regards to the price drop my advice is to get over it and move on, I bought a new computer on scan two weeks ago and when I build the same system today it is now over £50 cheaper! Its best if once you buy something you no longer look at the prices because it only leads to disappointment

Rookie

Registered+
    Thanks

I don't think you should be disappointed at Scan with the Graphics cards because they are trying to get this card as hard as they can but their suppliers and EVGA have not got stock. This is due to the shortages of the 28nm chips (due to their high demand). Scan are not the only shop facing this issue. I am sure that they are all working their hardest to get the new 28nm ATI/AMD and Nvidia cards.
    As for the motherboard, i know how you feel but that's how life goes
    I am sure Lee@Scan or someone else from Scan will reply to you soon

CommissarTommy

Thanks

He is disappointed with the misinformation he's been fed for weeks.
    @leonkehoe: I'm on a strict diet of French bread. That's just how I roll.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1986 View Post
    I can't comment on the rest of your order issues but in regards to the price drop my advice is to get over it and move on, I bought a new computer on scan two weeks ago and when I build the same system today it is now over £50 cheaper! Its best if once you buy something you no longer look at the prices because it only leads to disappointment

Rookie
    Pretty sure he hasn't received his order yet... it's a bit different to the price dropping if you have the item, if it hasn't been dispatched due to other reasons then I think you can understand the annoyance of a price drop when you've already paid for items you still haven't received.

Thanks

Guys, I think you all need to head over to rules section and have a read....

http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...ease-read.html

Registered+
    Thanks

Blast! I didn't see this was in after sales report. I apologise to Scan for my post here, I did read the rules but didn't see this topic was in here. What a fool I am :S

Thread Information