Thread: Rma 288038

Thanks

Rma 288038

Hi

Since I have sent two queries over the past 48 hours regarding my RMA which have yet to be acknowledged or replied to by SCAN I am now having to post here to see if I can get some information.

My MSI Z77-GD65 stopped posting early last week, and along with my memory and cpu were sent back to SCAN. I was a bit concerned that despite being informed by the courier that it had been delivered that my items had not been received. However I was informed after sending a query on Friday that there was a backlog of returns resulting in a delay. I accept that backlogs can happen.

My goods were tested on Monday, and I received and email during the Morning that my RMA was now awaiting a replacement. As I suspected there is a fault on the motherboard which the testing team discovered. I sent a query to find out when my replacement would be shipped. No response.

Yesterday I sent another query yesterday morning again asking for an update. I am unsure of the delay since 1. the testing team discovered the fault, and 2. the motherboard is marked as being instock on the website. Again no response from the customer service team.

I have always believed that true customer service is evident when a company deals with a problem or fault. It is disappointing that queries issued via the website are not responded too. While I have never dealt with a faulty item previously with SCAN I have done so with other retailers and so far this service is extremely disappointing to me.

I would be grateful if it could be confirmed when my CPU/Memory will be returned to me along with my new motherboard.

Thanks.

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Re: Rma 288038

Once the item has been picked and is ready for despatch an email will be sent with the invoice details, this will be followed by a despatch notification and it works like a regular delivery from DPD with the usual DPD notifications. At least that's how it worked for my delivery when I RMA'd my RAM.

It is possible that the item you're expecting is currently not in stock, as it is a Z77 mobo I'm assuming it is still current or there might be another reason for not having been contacted, such as a backlog, but it might be worth ringing them to speak to someone in the department and you will be able to get clarification from them. I did this when I was sent an email regarding my RMA and I didn't understand what was meant by the email and they were uber helpful.

HTH

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

dogmanstaruk,

I can see that we e-mailed you on Saturday to advise that our turnaround currently was between 7 - 10 days (we have been in posession of the goods for 5 working days today) you confirmed reciept of the e-mail and aknowledged you understand there would be a delay.

We have recieved your request to return the backplate left on your faulty board with the replacement when it is dispatched with the other parts returned as part of your RMA.

I can see that you have submitted a couple of e-mails which have not been replied to and for this I apologise, we are extremley busy at present and not always able to reply within 24 hours, we normally aim to deal with all returns (stock permitting) within 3 - 5 working days, however we have informed you that we are currently working to a 7 - 10 turnaround.

I understand you a eager to get the replacement and I have given our returns department a gentle prod to expidite sending your replacement as soon as possible, I can only assure you we are not keeping you waiting any longer than is necessary.

Regards

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me Mark.

I really don't want to be a nuisance, but I use my PC for work as well as gaming. Plus I've got a small LAN this weekend. Fingers crossed it works out ok

Thanks

Hi

Yesterday morning I received and email stating that my RMA was completed and the replacement authorised. So if that is down to your prodding thanks! However since then it appears to be in limbo again. I thought that would mean that my new motherboard along with the other items would have been despatched yesterday evening.

It states on the email to check the RMA update page for confirmation of shipping, but I don't see where that would be detailed. As I said previously I don't want to be a nuisance but I genuinely don't understand the time schedule of the RMA. It would be nice to know whether or not I will be getting my items this so I an attend a local LAN at the weekend, because if not then I will change my plans.

Thanks again.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

dogmanstaruk,

It was dispatched yesterday for delivery today i've just checked with DPD and it is out for delivery as I type this.

I've just tried to call to give you the tracking number however I got your voicemail so i'll send it via e-mail instead.

The outgoing invoice number is detailed on the RMA tracking which you can then track using the parcel tracking link: https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...ber=&postcode= which then tell's you the 1 hour time slot you can expect delivery.

Regards

Thread Information