Thread: No communication from my online RMA request OLQ1139168

Thanks

No communication from my online RMA request OLQ1139168

Hi

Purchased materials to build two systems which arrived 22nd Feb one of which is a Xeon build with Asus P8B mobo & Hynix memory.

As explained in my online Returns request, the memory supplied for the Xeon system will not allow the Asus P8B WS Motherboard to Bios Post. The motherboard supports ECC memory and the memory we purchased for the board is the Hynix 4 x 4GB (16GB) ECC memory pack serial number 5817950885.

In have tried just fitting two of the memory sticks in alternative dual banks but still no bios post on the motherboard.

The Asus P8B WS motherboard has a "MEM OK!" button which can be used to begin an automatic memory configuration but having tried this the end result is still no bios post.

I have tried some other Non ECC memory modules I have to hand on the Asus motherboard and there is no problem with bios posting and I can confirm the motherboard is fine.

In short this ECC memory is not compatible with the Asus motherboard and I request that an RMA be raised for the return and credit of the purchase cost.

I am a little dissapointed that the online returns request I submitted ref OLQ1139168 has not brought forward any communication from yourselves and I would be greatfull if you could resolve this problem for me.

Regards

Andy
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 17-04-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: No communication from my online RMA request OLQ1139168

clubhouse,

I am sorry for the delay, an RMA number has been emailed to you as requested.

Kind regards,

Thread Information