Thread: Xfx rma

Thanks

Xfx rma

Hi, I really didn't want to have to make this public, but it seems like I have no other option since nobody has replied to my emails in the last couple of weeks.

I am RMAing a XFX 7970 BE DD, RMA number 307490. This card was 5 days old when I requested for it to be sent back. It was driver crashing (similar to an unstable overclock) and reclocking the card to 500/150MHz in any games within 10-20 minutes of booting them up. I hadn't touched overclocking the card, it was at stock speeds and I even tried underclocking it, and it was still crashing on me. It wasn't a heating problem, the card would peak and 80C, and most of the time crash before it even got that hot. I tried it in a friends computer, just directly swapped his card for mine, and I had the exact same issue. Now, with consumer rights regulations, I have the right to return an item I bought online for a full refund within 7 days of it being delivered if it was 'unfit for purpose'. I received the item on Wednesday March 20th requested to return it for a refund (I specifically said not a repair or replacement) on Monday March 25th. I was within my allotted 7 days. The card was sent back to you on the 2nd April.

I asked for a refund because I had heard stories about XFXs terrible RMA reputation, I thought that I could deal exclusively with Scan. Scan decided to not believe me, and sent my card to XFX for testing rather than test it themselves. This wasn't necessary since I requested a refund within 7 days. It doesn't matter what XFX think, I was unhappy with my product, it was unfit for purpose for me, I am entitled to a refund no questions asked within that timeframe.

Now, here we are over 5 weeks later, with a very annoyed possible future customer who still is without a computer because my refund has not been authorised. In addition to that, I have sent two emails in the last two weeks asking for somebody to follow this up and send me even an update on where my card is. Neither of those emails have even gotten a response. Is it just me or is this a ridiculous time frame to wait on a graphics card which was, for all intents and purposes, dead on arrival. Waiting 5 weeks for any update on a 5 day old card is ridiculous in my book.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 16-05-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Xfx rma

Hi Istor,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

Due to the continued delay of your return to XFX I can confirm that we have today processed a full refund.

Please note that your return request was not made under the DSR's you reported a fault with the goods, therefore we do have the right to test the goods or consult the relevant manufacture.

Had the goods been returned to us at your own cost under the DSR's you are correct that you would have been entitled to a refund earlier than now.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and on the behalf of XFX for the delay experienced.

Regards

Thread Information