Thread: 1 stick of duel channel memory failed and rma sent and received by scan

Thanks

1 stick of duel channel memory failed and rma sent and received by scan

I had purchased 2 sticks of memory from scan and one stick had gone bad. The bios would not boot until I removed this stick. Works perfectly with the other stick.So I did an RMA request which was posted and received by scan yesterday.

I enclosed a note in with the bad stick of memory that I had just enclosed the one stick that was bad. as I am disabled I need my computer. So did not send the good stick back.

Looking at the RMA report SCAN DIAGNOSIS
    only received one of the 2 ram sticks - need both to process.

Why do you need both to process I have tested both sticks and have sent you the bad stick. My motherboard has EZ diagnosis and identifies the bad stick which I have sent you.

I am disappointed your testing people did not bother to read my enclosed letter that explained I had sent the bad stick of memory.

I have been a scan customer for years and have spent a great deal of money with you,Over that time, This is probably the first item I have had to return. And this is such a disappointment.
    I cannot send the second stick as I need the computer 24/7 I am house bound due to a disability.
    I would be gratefull if you could look into this for me thanks,
    Mike Pratt.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: 1 stick of duel channel memory failed and rma sent and received by scan

Hello Mike,

I have read your post and I apologise that you are not happy with our service.

In order to process a replacement from the RAM we need all sticks out of a pack to be returned. This is due to the fact the serials are matched as a kit. This should have been made clear to you when the RMA was raised and as soon as we receive the second stick back we will process your RMA.

Kind Regards,
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 06-07-2017 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Name

Thread Information