Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why should I send two memory sticks?

Registered+
    Thanks

Why should I send two memory sticks?

I sent my faulty ram module to scan (They both have been tested and I know for sure the one sent to scan is faulty) yet scan need both sticks for testing. I only asked for one module to be RMA'ed not two of them.

More importantly I fail to see why I have to send a working module and be without a computer when I have work to do on it when I know it's perfectly working.

RMA is 155182

Thanks
    Because TwinX memory is sold as a pair, so if it is faulty - it will need to be sent back to the supplier as a complete package (ie both pieces).

Registered+
    Thanks
    So in essence I will be without a computer for the duration of this exchange during a period of time in which I have about 5 essays to do on top of an econometrics project. I'm afraid that's impossible.

Couldn't you test the module I sent and see that is faulty. If it is you could send me the replacements and then I would send you the other stick. You can always charge my card if the other stick is not returned (which it will).

As things stand it's very difficult for me to be without a pc so could you please arrange it in this manner if possible.

Thanks
    As I don't work in returns - you would be better ringing our returns team and explaining this to them, and seeing if anything is possible.

But I doubt they can deal with this in this way.

Thanks
    any company you go to , if a product is faulty you cant expect to give half of what is a whole product back - it doesnt work like that.

Obviously your going to be without a pc for a while which can be a bumer but lifes a bitch.

Registered+
    Thanks
    But you see....it doesn't work like that either since I know for sure the one I sent is faulty and the one I have is not. I appreciated that I need to return them both and as I said I will be doing that but It would be great if Scan would be a bit more understanding.If the ram is tested they will know for sure it is a bad stick and will have to be returned. If we follow your logic I would have to wait for a replacement for Corsair since it is the company it is being returned to and I'm guessing that would take a long while.

My guess would be that scan sends a replacement back from their stock after they find the ram faulty so what I'm asking in my second reply would just be a quicker way of doing the same thing and also I would not be without a pc.

Thanks
    • topgun23's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-P31-dsl
      • CPU:
      • e2200
      • Memory:
      • 2 gb corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2 samsungs 360 + 1t
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 9600gt
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 450vx
      • Case:
      • Antec three hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP pavilion mx70
      • Internet:
      • o2 8mb
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtheoneneo View Post
    any company you go to , if a product is faulty you cant expect to give half of what is a whole product back - it doesnt work like that.

Obviously your going to be without a pc for a while which can be a bumer but lifes a bitch.
    Too right - suck it up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apsr90 View Post
    So in essence I will be without a computer for the duration of this exchange during a period of time in which I have about 5 essays to do on top of an econometrics project. I'm afraid that's impossible.
    delay the RMA?

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    Or if you know its faulty and Scan have confirmed so, buy another set and send back the other stick when the new set arrives and ask Scan to Refund, not replace the original RMA'd set.

Matt.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Mostly Harmless
    Thanks
    The memory is a matched pair which means they've been tested together for maximal compatability. The individual sticks are no use to yourself or scan as they are part of a package.

Could you not buy a cheap single dimm to do the essays with to tide yourself over, a single 512mb dimm would be about £20, or depending on where you are in the uk a drive to scan?
    "You've gotta laugh when you fall off a sofa!"

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap
    Do what ive done.

Order your new ram and then on the same day your ram is being delivered send the other stick bk when u get the new stuff and get a refund on the RAM you sent back as its faulty.

You could even buy the exact same type of RAM that you are getting the same RAM you bought anyway.

This way you can do your work and Scan have both items as required.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thank you for your advice. However the ram is being returned under warranty i.e it was bought 7-8 months ago. I think you can't get a refund for that just a replacement.

Thanks
    this is the problem with buying online ay

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BUFF View Post
    delay the RMA?
    *knocked off feet by common sense*

Thanks
    It would be great if Scan would be a bit more understanding.
    what do you want them to do get the flags out over your faulty product? and humbly apologise on their hands and knees?
    If we follow your logic I would have to wait for a replacement for Corsair since it is the company it is being returned to and I'm guessing that would take a long while.
    eh no since youv missed the point, if you work in this industry you would understand that faulty products are done in house and then sent monthly to the relevant suppliers so the company can get a reimbursement.

My guess would be that scan sends a replacement back from their stock after they find the ram faulty so what I'm asking in my second reply would just be a quicker way of doing the same thing and also I would not be without a pc.
    yes but then their relying on trusting you , and by law there not technically aloud to take money from your account with out permission - something they have no gaurentee of you giving.

TBH it seems that your kicking up a fuss over nothing - you have a faulty product, return it your get a new one. Its simple and its the way all companies do it out there. deal with it, im sure you can live with out your pc for a few days - theres alot more to life!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtheoneneo View Post
    what do you want them to do get the flags out over your faulty product? and humbly apologise on their hands and knees?
    eh no since youv missed the point, if you work in this industry you would understand that faulty products are done in house and then sent monthly to the relevant suppliers so the company can get a reimbursement.

yes but then their relying on trusting you , and by law there not technically aloud to take money from your account with out permission - something they have no gaurentee of you giving.

TBH it seems that your kicking up a fuss over nothing - you have a faulty product, return it your get a new one. Its simple and its the way all companies do it out there. deal with it, im sure you can live with out your pc for a few days - theres alot more to life!
    Thank goodness there are people like yourself around because otherwise I just would not understand how a firm works. Thank you for your in depth analysis of the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information