Thread: Fantastic product LN16966 - 320 GB ATMT SCART Drive HDD/DVD/DivX Media Player

Thanks

Fantastic product LN16966 - 320 GB ATMT SCART Drive HDD/DVD/DivX Media Player

We don’t usually advertise products via our forum, however due the amazing price we are offering and the features this products offers - I don’t want anyone to miss out!

Especially at the price as we are around £ 20.00 cheaper than anyone else on the web at the moment....

"The ATMT DIRECT-TV MEDIA CENTRE is a powerful external hard drive and when connected via AV equipment, it plays back media files directly from the built-in hard drive. The HV355 does not only store data, play movies, music, and photos, but it also provides uncompromised high definition display and digital sound quality. The content stored on the HV355 can now be played on the big screen televisions i.e. Plasma screens. Simplicity from a single cable connection, allows you to enjoy the contents from the PC on to your TV or with a home theatre system"

Please take a look....

Last edited by Chris P; 22-03-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks
    Yes, I was seriously tempted into getting one of these when looking for an external HD recently

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Yes, I was seriously tempted into getting one of these when looking for an external HD recently
    not so much then but certainly now. i have recently purchased an external drive and i'd have gone for this had i known they existed. my lack of searching.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Is there a version of this without a drive? I've a few spare IDE hard disks hanging around...

Thanks
    Hey this does look good. I use laptops or SFF PC's for playing stuff through a flat screen TV with a VGA or DVI input, but this seems like a handy solution for people with CRT televisions with scart inputs. Anyone got any experience of using it?

My System: Coolermaster Centurion 5 (black) case, Intel E6750 Core2Duo, Tagan Easy-Con 530W, Asus P5B Deluxe WIFI, OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC, Samsung SpinPoint 200Gb SATA2 / 2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb SATA, 256Mb Sapphire ATI PCI-E X1950PRO, Creative X-Fi Xtreme 7.1, 19" Daewoo W9ZQ Black Widescreen TFT, 4Mb Virgin Cable Broadband (formerly Blueyonder) with Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G and DD-WRT firmware.

Thanks
    Now this looks sweet, could be tempted.

Thanks
    You guys should include the price on this so I don't have to load the site just to see =]

Thanks
    I bought one of these 7 months ago from Maplin for £156. It was a great deal even at that price and the £113 price I see on that link above is even better.

Some of the features, often not given in the "specs" areas in advertisements, are:

* The drive not only has SCART output, but also has standard RCA/Composite type cable output (round video and L&R audio plugs found on many TV's/DVD players/VCR's) digital video out, and component video out.

* a built in remote control holder in it's base

* dual voltage 110/230V and NTSC/PAL 50/60Hz for realistic worldwide use

* It has a built in fan for keeping the hard drive cool

* it plays Divx/Xvid/avi, mpeg 1 and 2 files, VCD files, and dvd VOB files (so you can rip a dvd to hard drive and copy the VOB files to this and it will play them as if it was the actual dvd)

* it plays WAV/mp3's as well, and will also show JPG photo files on your TV

* you can make 'secret' folders on the unit which are invisible unless you know the remote control codes, letting you place movies/photos/mp3's on the drive that only you can access/watch

* it also acts as a standard USB 2.0 external 320GB hard drive

Maplin unfortunately doesn't carry this drive any longer, nor do they carry the smaller 160GB or 250GB versions. I have seen online that ATMT also makes a 400GB version as well, though those are out of stock everywhere I have looked so far except for here, and even here they are double the price of this 320GB drive. After I bought this and had it a few months I wanted another and I have noticed they are starting to become scarce. I will certainly be buying one of these from this company!

I had bad luck when I bought a 2.5" laptop drive case/media player on Ebay from China. Similar type of device to the ATMT, but much smaller and without a built in fan. It worked only a week then it ended up burning out due to overheating. Cooling in these types of drives is a must! This is why, on my 2nd excursion into this area of media player, I went to a brand name store to buy a device, just in case something else went wrong. So far I have had no problems with it, even after my wife dropped it once (3 feet onto a hardwood floor!) and the teenagers have played with it. Lord knows what they have done to it but it has still managed to survive! The first thing you notice when taking it out of the box is the drive is very heavy and built like a tank, and it is probably this quality that has helped it survive the abuse my drive has endured.

Maplin does carry another type of hard drive media player case, without a hard drive in it, for about £60. Others here have spoken about that model though I haven't had any experience with it, but I see it also accepts SD cards. Interesting case, though I am not sure if it has built in cooling fans (from the photos it does not) and it is not that much more to have this ATMT, which I know firsthand works great, with a hard drive already included.

I have not done this myself, but I have seen other customer reviews of this drive which stated the other ATMT owners have had no problems opening up the cases and swapping out their drives for bigger ones, which is also a plus.

If you are interested in an external hard drive, that can be attached to a TV for playing movies, this device is very hard to beat, and other than being a bit noisy (7200 rpm 3.5" hard drive inside) I do not have any complaints at all and will happily buy another one. Just remember, no matter what brand and type of external hard drive enclosure you end up getting, make sure it has cooling fans built in!
    Last edited by BDUAres; 05-06-2007 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks
    nice

Thread Information