• 300GB VelociRaptor for Primary, 15TB for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 625W EMD625AWT Modular
      • Case:
      • Modded Lian-Li V2100B [Silent Watercooled]
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro SP3 (Win7: Been there, done that!)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
      • O2 16Mb Home Broadband Pro

Letdown yet again

So my system goes to hell this week and I need a new motherboard and HDD ASAP so naturally I choose Scan, select nextday delivery for Today (Thursday) yesterday (Wednesday) morning around 9am sharp. I get the following emails:
    1. Invoice printed / Awaiting authorisation - 18 Apr 2007 09:49:00
    2. Payment authorised - 18 Apr 2007 10:39:00

Then at about 15:00 ish I wanted to confirm that I was going to receive my order today (Thursday, anyways) so I phoned Scan , explained to them that I was in urgent need of these parts, tis why I paid extra for pre-noon delivery and I was told that they would arrive today (Thursday) I asked him the same question 3 times and he gave the same answer. Still, I was uneasy that you would dispatch in time for delivery today.

Low and behold, I get back, check my email only to find these:
    3. Order picked / Awaiting despatch - 18 Apr 2007 19:59:00
    Delayed Order Notification - 20:08 - which means NO delivery for me today

This isn't the first time that Scan has let me down at late, at one point you used to be able to place an order and get same day dispatch, not anymore mind it would seem.

Needless to say I'm not happy, you should have told me when I phoned up yesterday afternoon that you wouldn't be able to dispatch then, but instead you wait until your customer support phone lines are closed before notifying me that you won't be dispatching my order on Wednesday after all.

From this point forward I won't be using Scan for Priority Urgent orders as you simply can't deliver as you used to. Just what has happened to your dispatch service? What's with all the delays?
    You'd think that after my last order cock-up you would want to make it up to me, I guess not.

I’ve just put in a request to cancel this order as I can’t rely on you to deliver on time again, I’ll order the parts elsewhere.

Thanks
    i find the delivery service has actually gotten better recently, citylink used to be so poor but last the 3 deliveries to mine, they've delivered on time!!

why cancel it, its still going to take a day for it to arrive from another online place unless you go locally..

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet
    He's not talking about the delivery service, he's talking about Scan's actual despatch times.

Chances are though, all this will change in due course, because I can't help but wonder if some of the packing staff are busy putting up racking in the 2nd warehouse / moving stock around

Thanks
    Thor

If you can PM me your invoice number I will look into this for you

Best Regards

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q Q6600 G0 @ 3.3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OZC Reaper HPC Enhanced Bandwidth Edition DDR2 800 @ 1000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    why cancel it, its still going to take a day for it to arrive from another online place unless you go locally..
    Why Cancel you say; cos I don't want to have another day without my main rig if Scan cock-up the delivery Dispatch AGAIN. I've placed the order with another supplier who have now dispatched the order so its now guaranteed to arrive with me tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Thor

If you can PM me your invoice number I will look into this for you

Best Regards
    Already dealt with thanks, phoned customer support at 9am sharp, Scan Order now Cancelled.

I’ll continue to use Scan for misc orders of non urgent parts but for anything urgent they have totally lost my trust, for now anyways, 5 years with Scan and I had no problems until they upgraded warehouse, what’s that saying ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ . The upgraded delivery options are worth if the order doesn't ship same business day.

Thanks
    • grizzla's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T - Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 6x2GB G.Skill PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint + 250GB Maxtor MaxLine III
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward Nvidia GTX 295
      • PSU:
      • 1100W Tagan TG1100-BZ
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cosmos-S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407FWP-HC 24"
      • Internet:
      • SKY Unlimited
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I had no problems until they upgraded warehouse, what’s that saying ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ . The upgraded delivery options are worth if the order doesn't ship same business day.
    Well there are bound to be teething problems after such an overhaul, never had issues with scan pre or post warehouse upgrade.

Thanks
    I’ll continue to use Scan for misc orders of non urgent parts but for anything urgent they have totally lost my trust, for now anyways, 5 years with Scan and I had no problems until they upgraded warehouse, what’s that saying ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it’ . The upgraded delivery options are worth if the order doesn't ship same business day.
    We are sorry your order was delayed but upgrades are made to improve services not because we just feel like doing it. If it was not important to improve our services in the long run things would get worse. Anyone who understands this business will realise that having a good sevice will expand your customer base hence the need for expansion and updated services, so we are not "fixing something that was broke" but just trying to improve on something that was already good. If you read these forums then all this is explained, 5 years of good service with Scan a few problems as stated and you feel we can't hold our promise?

Its like running the Grand National and giving up at the last fence.
    I hope you gain trust in us again and realise that problems do occur time to time.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    We are sorry your order was delayed but upgrades are made to improve services not because we just feel like doing it. If it was not important to improve our services in the long run things would get worse. Anyone who understands this business will realise that having a good sevice will expand your customer base hence the need for expansion and updated services, so we are not "fixing something that was broke" but just trying to improve on something that was already good. If you read these forums then all this is explained, 5 years of good service with Scan a few problems as stated and you feel we can't hold our promise?

Its like running the Grand National and giving up at the last fence.
    I hope you gain trust in us again and realise that problems do occur time to time.

Regards
    I realise all business's have problems I just didn't expect to get stiffed 2 orders in a row, I'm not a fan of using laptops (they just don't have the power like proper rigs imo) yet i'm not stuck for another day to using one due to the Dispatch delay. Like I said, I'll use you for standard stuff just not prioiry urgent orders, 4 now anyways, I might test out your service in a couple of months to see if the teething problems have been fixed.

24" wide screen tft down to 12" 4:3 laptop screen. You just don't realise how big the screen is until you place a smaller screen next to it, mad stuff.

Thanks
    Thor

We do only provide an estimated despatch date and next day delivery is only guaranteed from the point of despatch.

The warehouse changes are being completed to improve warehouse space, which has enabled us to increase volumes (number of parcels shipped) and to allow us to introduce the part picking system where every order can now be part picked on placement of the order.

Its not that the system is “broke “or needs “fixing “, the expansion is necessary due to the increase in business we have experienced – In other words “ growth “

Even so your order was only delayed by 1 day – Come on dude give us a chance: Free delivery... 1 day delay … notified by e-mail.......

The instances of delays are extremely isolated even whilst we are undergoing these massive changes.

No retailer can guarantee next day delivery for % 100 of orders taken, hence why we provide estimated despatch dates, however we are close currently at % 90.

Remember thousands of parcels ship out every day on time the number of delays is isolated and I stress isolated. We appreciate the importance of timely deliveries and we make every effort to ship the maximum number of parcels per day to meet the estimated despatch date provided.

Best Regards

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap
    I have had one delayed ordered from SCAN and that was something for my gf (women hey), i used the forums to get in contact and i was upgraded to the graphics card up and next day delivery for the original price and the product arrived.

I have recently ordered a sound card (yesterday) and it was due today, i didnt order from SCAN as it wasnt in stock so i paid for next day from the other company.

I had plans to go out and was expecting the item to arrive early as the last item i ordered did, but now ive had to cancel because the thing hasnt arrived.

Everyone has problems, imo SCAN are the best computer part retailer out there, they always respond quickly and go that extra step further to sort things out.

IMO you have jumped the gun in cancelling the order, you should of gave SCAN abit more of a chance to sort things out mate.

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Thor

We do only provide an estimated despatch date and next day delivery is only guaranteed from the point of despatch.

The warehouse changes are being completed to improve warehouse space, which has enabled us to increase volumes (number of parcels shipped) and to allow us to introduce the part picking system where every order can now be part picked on placement of the order.

Its not that the system is “broke “or needs “fixing “, the expansion is necessary due to the increase in business we have experienced – In other words “ growth “

Even so your order was only delayed by 1 day – Come on dude give us a chance: Free delivery... 1 day delay … notified by e-mail.......

The instances of delays are extremely isolated even whilst we are undergoing these massive changes.

No retailer can guarantee next day delivery for % 100 of orders taken, hence why we provide estimated despatch dates, however we are close currently at % 90.

Remember thousands of parcels ship out every day on time the number of delays is isolated and I stress isolated. We appreciate the importance of timely deliveries and we make every effort to ship the maximum number of parcels per day to meet the estimated despatch date provided.

Best Regards
    No m8, I would Never complain if I used the Free delivery option, but in this case I didn't, I paid extra for the pre-noon service for this current order and the order before was a paid delivery service too. Is the SMS service down atm or something as I wasn't notified this time via sms of the delay like last time.

All good features like but I get very miffed off (putting it lightly) when people tell me 'Yes your order will be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow' only to get back and find a delayed email in my inbox after the customer support lines are closed. Still, no matter now, my parts have been dispatched via another supplier so it's all good.

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    I have had one delayed ordered from SCAN and that was something for my gf (women hey), i used the forums to get in contact and i was upgraded to the graphics card up and next day delivery for the original price and the product arrived.

I have recently ordered a sound card (yesterday) and it was due today, i didnt order from SCAN as it wasnt in stock so i paid for next day from the other company.

I had plans to go out and was expecting the item to arrive early as the last item i ordered did, but now ive had to cancel because the thing hasnt arrived.

Everyone has problems, imo SCAN are the best computer part retailer out there, they always respond quickly and go that extra step further to sort things out.

IMO you have jumped the gun in cancelling the order, you should of gave SCAN abit more of a chance to sort things out mate.
    Okay, look at it from my point of view:
    What happens if I gave them another day to sort it out and it still wasn't dispatched, like they have done before with my previous order?
    What Happens = I totally loose my rag with Scan
    This way I still do business with them, just not for urgent stuff, for now anyways, I'll try them out again in say a couple of months.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap
    True i didnt look at it like that.

Thanks
    • Thor's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 4870 @ 790MHz
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405FPW 24"
      • Internet:

Never Existed, heh

I guess Scan didn't like the previous post by Shaithis as it's now gone.
    You gotta wonder just how many posts are deleted by Scan, the guy was just stating his opinion, still, I guess you don't want any more negative feedback?

Thanks
    The post was deleted for the following reasons.

1) This has been replied to before in a different forum
    2) Calling this warehouse upgrade BS ( even if this is abbreviated )
    3) Lottery Status regarding despatch dates simply not true and many orders by shaithis have actually shipped out on time from looking through the history of orders placed.
    Quote:

I guess you don't want any more negative feedback?
    I suggest you think about the comments which you make, read through the forum - How many post are actually deleted. I will tell you very few....

To say we don’t like negative feedback is clearly incorrect - Again read the forum dude!

If shaithis would like to re-post with constructive feedback, please do, rather than saying this upgrade is " BS ". Does anyone think we are making this up or exaggerating the expansion as an excuse? - When the changes are apparent and shown by new services already being launched.

Change doesn’t happen overnight and takes time to be completed properly....

All in the nicest possible way..

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 19-04-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks
    I guess Scan didn't like the previous post by Shaithis as it's now gone.
    You gotta wonder just how many posts are deleted by Scan, the guy was just stating his opinion.
    Not many at all and I don't have to check as I tend to check my facts out before I post.

I guess you don't want any more negative feedback?
    We thrive off any type of feedback this is what makes us better

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thread Information