Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Totally Disgusted

Thanks

Totally Disgusted

Just heard that Scan of all people are selling Wii's at over £100 more than retail for a Euro version.
    I would like to register my disgust at this act of extortion and profiteering and petition Hexus to remove the Scan Forum section from their website.

Hexus was never a website associated with this type of disgracefull practice and as such should wipe their hands of all thing associated with Scan.

Ps..For the record i dont need a Wii but i know many parents who do and their kids will do without because of these modern day leeches feeding on peoples blood.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Re: Totally Disgusted

Tis the way of market forces, everyone's doing it. and if people are willing to pay the money, then more fool them. Freedom of choice.
    My kids want a Wii & DS's but not this christmas.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Jay
    Thanks

I would think their supplier probably charged them over the odds as well.

I hope people don't buy these way overpriced Wii's from anywhere.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

they are having inflated costs getting them due to nintendo "jetting" them in, as are all retailers.

To be honest who are you to say what a company can or can't charge ?

"scan of all people" - what does that mean, Scan a business run to make money as all businesses are charging a price they feel they can acheive and makes them the return on investment they desire, instead of posting a thread with this "shocking" news why not just shut up and don't buy it and find it from a retailer that has it cheaper.......oh wait they aren't in stock anywhere else.....
    It is Inevitable.....

5. Received thanks from:

0iD (11-12-2007),Disturbedguy (11-12-2007),moogle (11-12-2007),neonplanet40 (11-12-2007),Steve B (11-12-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikonia View Post
    they are having inflated costs getting them due to nintendo "jetting" them in, as are all retailers.

To be honest who are you to say what a company can or can't charge ?

"scan of all people" - what does that mean, Scan a business run to make money as all businesses are charging a price they feel they can acheive and makes them the return on investment they desire, instead of posting a thread with this "shocking" news why not just shut up and don't buy it and find it from a retailer that has it cheaper.......oh wait they aren't in stock anywhere else.....
    Here here,
    It's annoying to say the least, but Scan and companies of that ilk already run off of very low profit margins, so I'd expect the supply chain is currently alot pricier than you think.
    Last edited by Mossy; 15-12-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    • wolfsbane's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 750i FTW
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz 1.29v
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 6400 XMS @ 800Mhz 4-4-4-12/2.1v
      • Storage:
      • 500GB 250GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x Asus 8800GT SLI
      • PSU:
      • Zalman HP-750
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 226WTQ
      • Internet:
      • 20mb Cable

Unfortunantly this probably is not Scan's fault, during the run up to Christmas suppliers will increase the price they charge companies for their product because they know thay the are going to sell well.
    Most companies which still have the Nintendo Wii offered for the retail £179.99 no longer have the Nintendo Wii in stock and will probably not get them in until after christmas.

"We are very sorry but this item is out of stock. We do not expect any stock to arrive before Christmas"

8. Received thanks from:

DavidM (11-12-2007)

DR
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GBDarkAngel View Post
    Just heard that Scan of all people are selling Wii's at over £100 more than retail for a Euro version.
    I would like to register my disgust at this act of extortion and profiteering and petition Hexus to remove the Scan Forum section from their website.

Hexus was never a website associated with this type of disgracefull practice and as such should wipe their hands of all thing associated with Scan.

Ps..For the record i dont need a Wii but i know many parents who do and their kids will do without because of these modern day leeches feeding on peoples blood.
    We are not here judging what companies chose to sell their products for, these forums are a customer centric solution aimed at delivering better support, and care for the HEXUS readers, so whilst I hear your request we won't be taking SCAN off the site.

10. Received thanks from:

DavidM (11-12-2007),moogle (11-12-2007),Mossy (11-12-2007),Steve B (11-12-2007)

Thanks
    • Robert's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB Dominator 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 10TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

LOL! I'm sorry but that is utter tripe. They're probably buying them at an inflated price and thus need to sell it at a higher price. Oh and you want Hexus to wash their hands of Scan for selling a product for a high price?!?! Haha!

12. Received thanks from:

Chris P (11-12-2007),DavidM (11-12-2007),Mossy (11-12-2007)

Registered+
    Thanks

Even if they are getting their wiis for the normal price, I wouldn't be disgusted with them. If you had an item that was high in demand, and you knew that you could make an extra £100 off it, would you do it, or would you just sell it at a low margin? I know I'd make the extra £100.

14. Received thanks from:

Mossy (11-12-2007)

Thanks

GBDarkAngel

Thank you for the feedback

Of course we totally disagree and so do 5800 Customers!.

Your comments are WRONG and UNJUSTIFIED and clearly you are out to " SCAN bash " and we would expect anyone reading this thread to have the intelligence to understand the reasons for the price increase and realise this is not isolated to SCAN only, we have surveyed the market and found other UK Retailers sell this same bundle for a lot more than us.

Our suppliers increased our buy price for the Nintendo Wii consoles therefore affecting the Retail price, this is an unavoidable consequence of supply and demand, which affects any Retailer and we do not have any control over the buy prices set by our suppliers.

Upon receiving this news we immediately released this information through our web site to give new customer's who had not yet placed an order the choice to place the order or not. We then placed an order at the new buy price to fulfill the outstanding demand for this product.

We honored the old pricing given to the outstanding order's we had already placed order's. I would understand if we had accepted an order, taken payment and then charged the existing customer's more for their pre-order but we have not.

Upon surveying the market we have found our current Retail price to be very competitive compared to other UK Retailers making our Retail price actually very good.

On the other of course we could have made the decision not to stock this product once our Buy price increased but why should we?, we are a Business at the end of the day and this is not simply a case of a Retailer increasing its Retail price to provide extra margin as it is being made out to be.

We are not the bad guys we are simply providing a premium product, we have the stock, which our customer's have been happy to pay and positive feedback has been received because we have the stock.

We have certainly not taken advantage of any customers, we are not the only Reseller for this product, the customer has the choice to buy from which ever retailer they choose to, if we were the only reseller then you would have a point but we are not.

But of course there are plenty of other Retailers, who will take your cash! -

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 11-12-2007 at 11:00 AM.

16. Received thanks from:

DavidM (11-12-2007),neonplanet40 (11-12-2007)

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

No need for this whatsoever!!!

If you had done a bit of research, as Chris mentioned, all the other retailers are doing this, not out of choice but because they are having to import european stock due to the lack of UK stock at present.

This is completely out of Scan's control - the prices will reflect what Scan are being charged...

Just move on and don't buy one... wait till after xmas and the stock has sorted itself out... then you will be able to purchase one at the normal retail price...

18. Received thanks from:

DavidM (11-12-2007),Mossy (11-12-2007)

Thanks

To be fair to SCAN, the deal they're doing is better than you'd find elsewhere...

You get all this stuff lobbed into the deal:

# 512Mb CnMemory USB2 Drive with built in MP3/WMA Player
    # 2Gb Kingston Secure Digital (SD) Card Retail Lifetime Warranty
    # Scan Vantager HR-221 All in 1 Super Flash Card Reader USB2 inc New Adapterless for New mini Cards

So that certainly takes the edge off the price somewhat.

The issue is that Nintendo just have not been able to keep up with demand for the Wii OR the DS and so etailers like SCAN have had to source them in from overseas, which costs a shedload more AND they pay more per unit than usual.

To be utterly honest, SCAN are, in my personal opinion, one of the most trustworthy and honest retailers out there, not just in the tech realm but of all retailers and you can be sure that this is a price that's as fair as they can make it and still maintain a sensible profit margin for them.

Of course, if you don't agree with me or the price they're selling Wii's at, that's absolutely fine, just don't buy one from them.... you could always go to eBay where some rip-off merhcnats are selling a Wii with 'six games' for £320... but 5 of the six games are actually the five games included in Wii Sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

20. Received thanks from:

Chris P (11-12-2007),DavidM (11-12-2007),Mossy (11-12-2007)

Thanks

I find it amazing after a year that Nintendo can't keep up with the demand. You would of thought they would of had it sorted by now.

Thanks

To the OP - please climb off your "High Horse" whilst getting that petition ready.
    I think you will find that most of the online retailors are chaging extortionate prices for this item so why you singled Scan out to vent your fury heaven knows (especially as they are cheaper than most). If you can purchase me a Wii at the RRP of £179 I will gladly buy it from you and give you £30 for posting.

23. Received thanks from:

Carlh (11-12-2007),DavidM (11-12-2007)

Thanks

Good comprehensive answer by Scan.

NOT Banned
    Thanks

agree with ikonia. it's scans choice to sell at whatever price they like. and you should know the demand for the wii is wayy higher than the supply so scan are probably getting charged higher than normal prices to get them in. be thankful they dont force you to buy bundles + old stocked games that amount to £300+ just to get a wii. i don't see how you can be disgusted at them you haven't even paid them for a wii! they haven't done you any service so they have no obligation to do/change anything for you.

Thread Information