Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Happy Bunny Order delays

Thanks

Not Happy Bunny Order delays

I posted in another thread, but I think it needs one of its own.

I made an order on tuesday 16th for a set of headphones.

It had an ETA of thursday, but I got a delayed order notification for then.

I rang on friday to see where it was and was told it would be marked as urgent and sent friday for monday. I have only had one email to say it was going to be delayed on the wednesday nothing since. I've had no stage 3 or 4 emails so I won't be seeing this order till tuesday at the earliest.

Taking a week to ship some headphones that have been in stock the whole time is totally unacceptable.

I order a lot through you and I cannot remember the last time my order came next day. You seem to be getting more unreliable not less.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: Not Happy Bunny Order delays

I have to admit that this sort of thing, and this seems not be be an isolated case, is a worry for me.

I accept that when mail-ordering, this can happen. But it seems to be a bit too commonplace.

I'm self-employed, so being at home for a delivery means either foregoing paying work, or organising my schedule to be doing necessary stuff (perhaps catching up on paperwork). There's only so much of that to do. If I don't have a reasonable level of faith that a delivery will occur when it's supposed to, it makes me wonder about buying mail-order at all. Perhaps I'd be better off at my high street store (and I mean my small, local independent). It'll cost me more but at least I can order, then pop in and collect when it's there.

I have been seriously impressed with the level of support and effort Scan seem to put in to customer service, bearing in mind that no company can win over consumer's expectations every time. But this delivery thing is making me seriously reconsider where I buy from. I understand they have problems and are addressing them, but right now, that doesn't help me a lot.

Perhaps there's a case for a degree of manual intervention in the ordering process, even if it's at a cost. Would it be practical to be able to place a pro-forma order, have it MANUALLY checked for stock and those items reserved and then on the basis that items are available and ready to ship, have the order confirmed, paid for and shipped. Perhaps a £10 "personal service" charge for this? It'd be worth it to be reasonably sure deliveries will arrive when expected.

Thanks

Can't agree more Saracen. I'm in a similar situation, I keep having to estimate deliverys well in advance for clients and its little more than a guess nowadays.

I'm lucky in that there is nearly always someone in for deliveries and City link aren't too bad in this area.

The customer service side of scan is nearly always excellent, just the delays are getting beyond a joke.

Thanks

Bump, anyone from scan about?

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Gordy,

please can you pass me your invoice number so I can check into this for you now.

[EDIT] - I've found the invoice number so I'll get this checked into accordingly.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Lee H; 22-10-2007 at 02:18 PM.

6. Received thanks from:

Gordy (22-10-2007)

Thanks

Thanks Lee.

Thanks

And I've just got a delayed order notification....

This is getting beyond a joke now.

Thanks

Gordy, I have the same problem

Ordered last wednesday (17th) made sure all the items were in stock, got an e-mail on Thursday saying i'd have to wait till the 25th for ALL of my items as one item was short of stock.

Rang up on Saturday (20th) asking why and what's going on they said i'd get it all delivered by Tuesday. It's monday evening now and just got another delayed e-mail. Just sent an e-mail now to customer service asking what they can do.

Ne0
    Registered+
    Thanks

There have been a few complaints about delays but people should know that this is not the same with all orders. I ordered 2 small items on Thursday night, they were picked and shipped on Friday and received them today.

Thanks

Which makes it even more annoying when an item has been in stock since tuesday when I ordered it, but I've not had my order shipped Neo.

I make a heck of a lot of orders through scan at least one a week sometimes 4 or 5, but they are nearly never shipped for next day now. In fact I don't think its happened this year.

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks

also recently having the same problem with scan. items in stock days after items arnt sent...not even an email telling me delayed order.

Price and reliability are two main factors when choosing an online retailer for me. scan used to be number one and I wont use other companys purely on fake stock levels, but things are slipping and so might peoples loyalty towards buying from them.

I hope this improves

Thanks

I agree 5cupa, I have used quite a few online stores over the years, but their are now a lot on my will never touch with a barge pole list. If scan don't pull their finger out they are rapidly heading towards that list.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here, the delays have been going on for about a year now, and I have found myself having to order from elsewhere, just to get the stuff in time for the job.

I agree with the above comments, the customer service is great, the order process is fine, but Scan seems to be let down by the rather annoying problem of having an estimated delivery date that quite often changes after the order is placed, then there is the problem that the money has been taken from your debit/credit card, and as such, it would take 5 days (ish) to get a refund to buy elsewhere so, cancelling is out of the question as a lot of people dont have money to buy from two places at once.

If I was to offer some constuctive criticism, I would suggest that whoever is in charge of Scan, steps back and looks at things from a customer's point of view and see how inconvenient this method of doing things really can be.

Sort out that warehouse problem/stock problem once and for all, and when that is sorted, you will have it all - Good customer service, a good range of stock and accurate delivery times.

Currently, you only have two out of three, and that third one is important to a lot of us

SiM
    Thanks
    • SiM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB PC2-6400 OCZ ReaperX + Platinum
      • Storage:
      • 3 x 320gb HD322HJ single platter in Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY GTX285
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650W
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407-HC

I must jump in and say that scan have been good for me recently, 2 orders delivered at lightening speed... But I did only order ram in both orders!

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiM View Post
    I must jump in and say that scan have been good for me recently, 2 orders delivered at lightening speed... But I did only order ram in both orders!
    not saying that scan arnt v.good/excellent but people like myself and gordy who probably use them on a week in week out basis have noticed a bit of a slip.

its more of a friendly comment which we hope is improved, as I personnally still want to use scan as my number one. but if I keep letting clients down on a regular basis then I have no choice but to look elsewhere

Thanks

Well thanks to Lee and David, my order was shipped last night.

Hopefully this won't happen again, and Scan will take note of the feedback from myself and others.

Thread Information