Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Constitutes A Blatant Lie Scan?

Thanks

Re: What Constitutes A Blatant Lie Scan?

I think the OP overreacted a fair bit, in fact, I'd expect he'll be quite embarrassed when he reads it back. Scan are generally very good, I've never had issues with my orders. The biggest gripe on the forum tends to be that they send out delayed mails after they have closed which often leaves people stuck. I appreciate you can't often predict what orders will get shipped until its too late but its something they should have a look at. Second to that, a complete overhaul of that mail would probably help, many many many people post here thinking it means out of stock, when its just "we were busy and yours was last in queue".

Thanks

Was Neilsson a bit oiled up from the pub when he wrote that? Its a bit over the top for an opening post and lacks useful detail.

How about giving Scan a chance to refund first? If you're a new customer you might need to get used to the way things work, but normally the money is back in 3-5 days from a cancelled order. Alternatively they are open on Saturday and its even cheaper to call them then to see if they have a suitable alternative.

If you approached them with consideration perhaps they can even help you more.
    Always try to talk (or post) to the CS in a manner that you would like someone to address you. If you present a rational and considered view of your case, they are more willing to assist you and go the extra mile to help you out.

Totally guessing but are we talking about an 8800GT as 'the item'?!

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

I can see Neilsons point. The money being taken and then no goods being packed/shipped.

BUT!

If he gets a refund and shops elsewhere then i feel even more sorry for him. I can think of at least 3 other etailers that you wouldnt even get a response from if a problem occurred.
    Surely that is 100 times worse.

I have called Scan on a number of occassions for orders/questions/technical and they are ALWAYS helpful, knowledgeable and quick to react if something goes amiss.

There is another forum for an online retailer i can think of (most know who i mean), and if the OP posted a ranted like that there he wouldve been banned within 5 minutes of posting his message.

The grass is RARELY greener honestly. Give Scan a chance to redeem themselves and at least listen to what they have to say.

(BTW.....I had one of those messages once and the item was still delivered on time)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    .......I can think of at least 3 other etailers that you wouldnt even get a response from if a problem occurred.
    Surely that is 100 times worse.

.........There is another forum for an online retailer i can think of (most know who i mean), and if the OP posted a ranted like that there he wouldve been banned within 5 minutes of posting his message.
    I think most can guess which one, and although I have had few problems with 'them' personally - when I have had an occasion to phone 'them' they have generally been pretty brusque bordering on the disinterested in my plight

At least this doesn't seem to be the case with Scan - they may not always be able to solve your issues but at least they are polite and give the impression they want to help.

Banned
    Thanks

The quicker Scan sort out the Stock / Order / payment problem the better. Other than this, i for one would definitely say that Scan are 'The Best' when it comes to buying PC components, online and off.

Thanks
    • Betty_Swallocks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97-A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690K o/c to 4.6 gHz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD + 1320Gb (3x SATA drives)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390 8Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS750M
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Shark
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 37" Samsung TV @1920x1080 + Dell 20.1" TFT secondary screen
      • Internet:
      • 150Mb Virgin Media cable

I'd like to put my hand up in support of Scan too.

Some time ago I urgently needed a new graphics card because mine had blown up. I phoned and explained my urgency to a very helpful person who took my order and then went to the warehouse and walked it through the shipping process to make sure it got to me as soon as possible.

I didn't place the order until after midday and the card arrived first thing the next day.

When a company wins a major customer satisfaction award four times in a row there is a reason.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

At the end of the day...would you rather:

a). Wait a litle longer on occassion for you items and KNOW that the after sales care and technical support is the best available (proven).

or

b). Get your items the next day from a company that knows very little about what they sell and when a problem arise, IF you are lucky enough to get through to a human being, they will have either no knowledge or no desire to help.

If your answer is A, then shop at Scan.

Its THAT easy!

Thanks

I bought a 8800GT last week, i was told wednesday delivery, but came on here, asked if it might get sent out and they prioritised it for me, i got it tuesday.

Now thats service.

Dell 2005 : SN25P : Opteron 150 : X1800XL : 2gb Ram : Eclipse Keyboard : MX18 Mouse

Xbox 360 Live tag : derthbolls (with an o )

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

To be honest the Scan bashing is getting a bit tired, much like OcUK bashing. I generally buy thro Scan for personal stuff & about 85-90% of my techy purchases are thro them. Now there is the odd delayed order, it's an inconvenience, it's frustrating maybe if I'm wanting something urgently, but it's the nature of suppliers anywhere, it happens. They get overworked, stock inventory systems are rarely perfect, people forget to check stuff in & out because they're busy. Personally I've found RAM turnaround times to be speedy & delivery estimates to be accurate give or take a day. All in all, not too bad compared with some of their competitors.

Now Scan unlike other retailers have a good online presence, the guys hang out here during their working day to help the punters in any way they can. And you have to admit, in working hours (&even sometimes out of working hours) the guys do their best to answer query's promptly. All this is something that has got my customer loyalty.

So rather than throw your toys out of the pram, ask your questions in a civil & professional fashion if you expect to get a civil professional answer. It's not them ranting at us if we accidentally order the wrong thing, or wish to cancel because it gives them extra work. And lets' face it, why not just pick up the phone, give em a call, probably a quicker & more direct route probably expediting a speedier & more succinct response.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

OC Junkie!
    Thanks
    • Wiczy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M6H 1203
      • CPU:
      • 4770k @ 4.5
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo Pro 128 + MX100 256 + C300 64 + Assorted Mechanical Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 290X OC WF
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W XXX Pro
      • Case:
      • old noname
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Q2770 PQU + LG WG2353V
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by 0iD View Post
    Scan bashing is getting a bit tired, much like OcUK bashing.
    I'm afraid we will have to disagree on this point! 'OcUK bashing' will never get tired until they get tired of treating their customers like something they just stepped in

Thanks

One thing that people should bare in mind about a warehouse is stock accuracy. There are a few things that stuff up orders, assuming the warehouse stock is computerised, you can have an ordering system that knows there is stock available for the an order but when the warehouse try to ship the order...
    1) Stock could be entered into the system incorrectly, the warehouse operative finds the stock does not match what is been ordered - the order cannot be shipped
    2) On inspection the stock is damaged - the order cannot be shipped
    3) An order has been shipped incorrectly i.e. extra stock was sent on another order no stock left in the warehouse - the order cannot be shipped
    4) 'Five finger bonus' someone in the warehouse has awarded themselves a bonus no else knows about there is no stock - the order cannot be shipped
    5) The stock is in the wrong warehouse location the warehouse operative cannot find the stock - the order cannot be shipped.
    there are probably a couple of others as well.

I realise when you have been told there is stock and then you are told there is no stock it is annoying, but in most cases you are been told in good faith there is stock. Some etailors might take your order and tell you they have stock even when they have none to get an order - but it is a false economy it causes customer service calls, this costs money, and due to the delay the customer is unlikely to place subsequent orders.

Because I have seen the warehouse side of the issue I always place an order with an etailor with 30 days days delivery mind but I expect 4-5 working days if they say it's in stock, if it ends up out of stock c'est la vie.I can wait or if I need the item quickly I can cancel the order and take my business elsewhere.

Banned
    Thanks

99% of us on here agree that Scan are an awesome company with awesome customer care etc etc. The odd problem is just that, very rare and when they do happen Scan are superb in getting things sorted for thier strong customer following.

The stock / ordering problem is ongoing and i know Scan will sort it out soon. We all complain when things go wrong and get annoyed but i for one cannot fault the care that Scan have shown me in the way in which they go about rectifying any error that arise.

Thanks

FYI

We still have not had any contact from the original poster regarding this issue, therefore at the moment we can only presume that no issue actually exists.

I will leave this thread live for another 2 days...

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information