Thread: Testing policy

Thanks

Testing policy

Alright guys

I recently sent back some £30 speakers to Scan to test, explaining that the problem was a sporadic one that only occurred after several hours of continuous listening. Whilst playing the sound to the speakers would just suddenly start to die. The volume gradually diminished without touching the volume control until it faded completely. The source (a laptop) was checked and was working fine. All the connections were checked and I confirmed that all the wires were plugged in. Power was fine and the blue light was on. But no sound.

After leaving the speakers for a while the fault seemed to disappear and they worked again. However, when the fault reappeared I RMAd the speakers for testing, explaining the strange nature of the problem.

Now Scan have decided to charge me £30 + VAT (i.e. more than the cost of the speakers) for their diagnosis of: not faulty.

When I enquired as to the testing process it became apparent that they hadn't been tested properly. I re-explained the problem and said that they would probably need several hours of continuous play time in order to find the fault. Despite this (and having had the speakers in their possession for over a month now) they only tested for one hour. Clearly not enough time to assess the fault as described at the beginning.
    Last edited by Chris P; 08-11-2007 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Re: Testing policy

I think that last line is a bit harsh in all honesty.

First of all, please provide me with your RMA number and I will see about adding some notes to the system about they type of fault, how it cannot occur for several hours and then suddenly occurs and then pass this back to the testing team.

Best Regards,

Thanks

Again a situation were you come on a care forum not to get help but to verbally assault the people who moderate them.

If you wish to to log a Query I suggest you log one Here or alternately call returns. We are here to help and we do not mind doing that either.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Jokers ?

If you have an issue, post in an adult manor, not much too ask !

To correct the information you have wrongly provided, your initial request for an RMA did NOT mention that the fault only occurred after several hours of use. So you clearly did not mention this "at the beginning"

The speakers were originally tested against the fault report you provided to our RMA staff in your first contact with us about this issue on the 25/09/07, which only included the following...

"The power light comes on and everything is plugged in but there is no sound at all"

Speakers tested as not faulty,

Only then on the 17/10/07 you changed your fault report mentioning.

" it may be that the speakers need to be monitored for several hours of continuous play given the nature of the fault"

Admittedly there has been a period of time between this request and the outcome of the test, which was only performed for 1 hr, so I apologies for this...But calling us jokers for testing a product against your initial fault report and then actioning a re-test after changing your fault report a bit harsh.

The re-test has been actioned and will be performed all day tomorrow and we will come back to you with the outcome of the test ASAP

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 08-11-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks

Given that it's a week and a half later and there's been no response and the fact that there's also been no response to my email you could forgive me for feeling left in the dark here guys.

Yes my initial post was agitated but when matters drag on like this it's extremely frustrating.

Thread Information