Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damaged Case

Banned
    Thanks

Damaged Case

Ordered a lot of parts for a new PC build for a birthday present which is on saturday.

All came today but the case was VERY BADLY DAMAGED!!!! Talk about annoyed!!

I rang Scan asking if they could bend over backwards for me by sending out a replacement while picking up the damaged case at the same time as i do spend a lot of money with them every month.

The reply i got, "SORRY, NOT COMPANY POLICY!!!". Thanks a bunch for helping me out of a tight situation Scan. After all the money i have put their way over the years. I know that other companies have done this for me when i have had damaged goods.

So, what do i do now? I have to go elsewhere to find a PC case.

Gee, thanks a bunch guys!!

Thanks

Damged Case

Koolpc

I can understand your frustration from receiving a faulty case, I am aware of the conversation you had with Dawn earlier today regarding this issue.

To confirm the option offered to you by Dawn:-

As you needed the case urgently ... A collection would be arranged for the Case to be collected from your premises by City Link and returned to Scan at own own cost, for a refund to be processed. In the meantime a new order can be placed for the case, which we could send out with free carriage for you. The case could have been dispatched today and would have been with you tomorrow ( Thursday 15th )

You did not simply ask for a replacement to be sent, this would was not the problem - You requested a "Free Of Charge" case to be shipped, prior to the damaged case being collected. This is not feasible as explained by Dawn. We cannot do this until the damaged case has been collected and returned to Scan..

As you know yourself, we do bend over backwards for everyone - HEXUS Customers are treated like Gods !

We are customer focused but I am afraid sending out a case completely free of charge is simply not feasible and would implore to understand in this case that no other Retailer would send out a free of charge product either...

In answer to your question? "So, what do i do now?"... The simplest way to resolve this issue would be for me to arrange a collection for the damaged case tomorrow at our cost to be returned to Scan and to raise a new order for the case to be dispatched with free carriage, which we can ship tomorrow for delivery on Friday 16th.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 14-11-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks

Damged Case

It's fairly common practice in the US, where its referred to as cross-shipping.
    Last edited by Chris P; 14-11-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Re: Damged Case

Quote Originally Posted by scrandman View Post
    It's fairly common practice in the US, where its referred to as cross-shipping.

Well....not the way its being described here.
    When this 'cross-shipping' takes place, the company involved ALWAYS takes the credit card details of the customer.
    If then something goes wrong/no fault is found/nothing is returned, the company will invoice so there is no risk for the retailer.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Re: Damaged Case

No retailer in their right mind would cross-ship, it's just not a sensible option no matter how long someone has been a customer. I work at a trade supplier and even the customer's on 30 day invoicing accounts are still sent an invoice for a damaged item resend, simply because there's always a chance someone will try something....

Thanks

Lucio I have had items cross shipped by UK stores in the past

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    Lucio I have had items cross shipped by UK stores in the past
    That just goes to show there's some retailers out there who just aren't in their right mind! I work in mail order for trade customers, and even we daren't not invoice products or send items on an F.O.C. invoice simply because the chances of getting screwed over are so high these days...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
    That just goes to show there's some retailers out there who just aren't in their right mind! I work in mail order for trade customers, and even we daren't not invoice products or send items on an F.O.C. invoice simply because the chances of getting screwed over are so high these days...
    Sadly you are quite right

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

its against company policy, and i ran into it myself. i also opted for the buy another and get a refund, i had free shipping and all was good. it arrived the next day and the guy took the damaged one.

Thanks

In some ways I can see both sides as I've been on both sides, some months ago I bought a motherboard when it arrived it was DOA infact it was a secondhand motherboard which was sent by mistake, I had to pay for another to be sent whilst this one was returned, the second motherboard arrived with missing parts so was returned and yet another motherboard was sent which was in perfect order. In all I had outstanding £580 on my bank account when all I should have had was £192

It took nearly a month to get my £400 refunded and none of it was my fault along with over a week waiting for couriers to collect and deliver 5 times.

I must add this was not Scan but another online dealer, I can see their view but from my side it was a painfull experience that I would rather not happen again, needless to say I will not be shopping there again.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Pauliox1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5kC
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Crucial DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward GS 8800GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620w
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns.G 19"W

That sounds really bad Sammie. I have a Motherboard being RMAed at the moment as I believe it to be faulty. It was picked up on Thursday last week and still hasn't been tested due to Scan being 3 working days behind. Obviously if that's the truth I just have to grin and bare it. But I must say, the PC components/watercooling spread out over the dining room table is becoming a pain. Damn....I really need my PC back lol

Thanks

SCRANDMAN

Not even worth a reply.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Registered+
    Thanks

Buying online has its risk, but you gain the price advantage.
    If you so worried about things going wrong and you feel as though you need products exchanged urgently, then perhaps you should buy from your local retail store.

I think that Scan offered KoolPC a very good support option.
    Not many companies would do that – yet Scan did.

I’ve been working in the IT industry for over 14 years, and I have never seen/heard of a company offering advance replacement.
    With the exception of Intel (if you an Intel partner).

Unfortunately you always get those people that are not honest and therefore companies cannot take that risk.
    I know I wouldn’t – not sure about you, if it was your money!

Gigabyte Poseidon Case - Gigabyte Motherbaord - AMD Athlon64 4000+ - Radeon HD 5870 - 4GB DDR-III - 22" Samsung LCD - Logitech Lazer Mouse
    I say "There are no problems, only solutions

Thanks

KOOLPC

I always bend over backwards for you (no PUNS) I changed the order and made sure it went straight out. Probems have occured during shippment with damage to the case but there is only so much we can do for Hexus users, we can look after your orders, offer free delivery, give advice and time on these very forums but we can not bend the procudures within the company and agaists our t&c's

You have mentioned you have ordered from Scan for years yet you do not know the rules of returning products, if you have not returned anything to Scan over the years then surely in the big picture that is good going?

We have offered a solution as when we spoke you needed for the weekend to build. Please feel free if you wish to proceed to let me know today.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Our Claims dept have contacted Koolpc directly to confirm how he would like us to proceed , we are awaiting a response.

Regards

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Damged Case

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Koolpc

I can understand your frustration from receiving a faulty case, I am aware of the conversation you had with Dawn earlier today regarding this issue.

To confirm the option offered to you by Dawn:-

As you needed the case urgently ... A collection would be arranged for the Case to be collected from your premises by City Link and returned to Scan at own own cost, for a refund to be processed. In the meantime a new order can be placed for the case, which we could send out with free carriage for you. The case could have been dispatched today and would have been with you tomorrow ( Thursday 15th )

You did not simply ask for a replacement to be sent, this would was not the problem - You requested a "Free Of Charge" case to be shipped, prior to the damaged case being collected. This is not feasible as explained by Dawn. We cannot do this until the damaged case has been collected and returned to Scan..

As you know yourself, we do bend over backwards for everyone - HEXUS Customers are treated like Gods !

We are customer focused but I am afraid sending out a case completely free of charge is simply not feasible and would implore to understand in this case that no other Retailer would send out a free of charge product either...

In answer to your question? "So, what do i do now?"... The simplest way to resolve this issue would be for me to arrange a collection for the damaged case tomorrow at our cost to be returned to Scan and to raise a new order for the case to be dispatched with free carriage, which we can ship tomorrow for delivery on Friday 16th.

Best Regards

How could the replacement case have gotten to me today when i rang last night about the problem? There just wasn't enough time for that! Then further along in your quote you say that you could ship on thursday for delivery on Friday!! Which one is it?

The case was really badly damaged!! I have never seen this damage before. The side was warped / bent, the CDRom bays sciffed / bent and a nice scratch on the front!! The box had looked like it had been opened before!! There was a hole in the side too.

I was just annoyed that as a loyal customer you could not go the extra mile to sort it out for me without me having to dip my hand in my pocket even more. A simple drop off and collection would have been good. It is not as if i am a new customer and you cannot trust me.

Anyway, i still rank Scan at the top of my list, just i was very annoyed with the amount of damage to the case and the fact that you would not go the extra mile for me. I would have to pay for another case with you to get one by friday (The lady told me that i would not get one till sat on the phone).

The case has been collected now anyway and i went elsewhere (Locally) to get a case in time for the pc to be built for the birthday surprise on sat)

Thanks anyway for replying and explaining your side and i know Scan are superb to their customers just that in this case (Excuse the pun) i thought a bit more effort to please me would have gone a long way.

I understand you have company policies and i suppose we all get heated when something goes pear shaped. I for one have been helped by Scan with ordering, deliveries, customer care more than i can remember. Sorry for having a go at you Scan, just me getting het up because of the looming birthday on sat and me being the one who has to get the gift ready in time!!

I still worship at the feet of Scan!! lol
    Last edited by Koolpc; 15-11-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information