Thread: Refunds V Payments?

Banned
    Thanks

Refunds V Payments?

Why is it that Scan are quick enough to get the money from my bank account when i place an order but when it comes to refunding any money that is mine it takes forever? I know there is a process that has to be carried out but it is very slow considering the short time it takes you to get the money from me when i place an order !!

Ne0
    Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Refunds V Payments?

Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc View Post
    Why is it that Scan are quick enough to get the money from my bank account when i place an order but when it comes to refunding any money that is mine it takes forever? I know there is a process that has to be carried out but it is very slow considering the short time it takes you to get the money from me when i place an order !!
    Your bank presses and steams the notes before the money goes into your account.

Thanks

To explain Payments & Refunds

When an order is placed the Retailer requests the payment, the Bank then authorises the transaction simply meaning there are enough funds in the account to authorise the transaction. The funds are then transfered into a suspense account before being sent to the Retailer 3-4 working days later and not immediately.

This is the same process in reverse when a refund is processed..

If you are chasing a specific refund feel free to PM one of the guys tomorrow (Not myself - I am not in the office tomorrow) so we can check the status of the refund for you.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 01-12-2007 at 12:51 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

3 weeks so far some a few refunds yet to be paid back to me!!! 2 to 3 days for you to take money from my account for items bought!!?

So, it is not the same process in reverse!!

Thanks

Koolpc,

As per our conversation earlier I am currently looking into this for you.

Regards,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc View Post
    3 weeks so far some a few refunds yet to be paid back to me!!! 2 to 3 days for you to take money from my account for items bought!!?

So, it is not the same process in reverse!!
    maybe its because we have the whole of the Retail and customer service teams working on the same order (yours) when you PM all Scan hexus forum moderaters to deal with your order and send it multiple OLQ requests, so effectivley wasting time when one person can deal with your request we have different staff looking at the same thing and not having time to look at refunds.

~On a serious note if you wish to get your order sent or have a query please PM one Mod rather than everyone as this is time wasting for Scan and atm we are all working extremely hard to get through the Christmas rush and are trying to organsie our work time effectively.

As Chrisp mentioned if you have an outstanding refund which needs attention please PM the reference to myself.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    maybe its because we have the whole of the Retail and customer service teams working on the same order (yours) when you PM all Scan hexus forum moderaters to deal with your order and send it multiple OLQ requests, so effectivley wasting time when one person can deal with your request we have different staff looking at the same thing and not having time to look at refunds.

~On a serious note if you wish to get your order sent or have a query please PM one Mod rather than everyone as this is time wasting for Scan and atm we are all working extremely hard to get through the Christmas rush and are trying to organsie our work time effectively.

As Chrisp mentioned if you have an outstanding refund which needs attention please PM the reference to myself.

Regards
    The reason i PM'd 3 of you is because i wanted the matter sorted asap as i need the money back in my account asap!! Sometimes one of you is off so my PM does not get read.

Carl did ring me and explained the late order delivery as due to lots of back orders. I suppose if i had paid for next day delivery i would have got it but having free delivery puts me at the back of the que!!

As for outstanding RMA's. I have 4 in total of which i have been waiting 3 weeks or so to get sorted. 3 were wrongly ordered items by me so should be a quick turn around as not used, the other was a badly damaged case which looked like a lorry had run over it!! I see that you are chasing City Link about it but the only damage to the Outer box was a small hole so i can't see how they could be responsible!! Must have been done your end or before it got to you or it had been sent to another shop / customer?

Anyway, it is me that has to suffer by waiting for my funds to be refunded. 3 weeks is a bit much.

To be honest, you lot at Scan do help us out a hell of a lot on these forums and i know you are busy etc. I have had more than my fair share of help from you all but it is annoying when you don't get your order on time (Even though it is an estimate, i know) and when refunds take ages to get sorted out!! 2 - 3 days for you to take the money from my account and nearly 3 weeks or so and i still have not got a refund back on my RMA's!!

Come on Paulm, don't be funny with those remarks about me pm'ing 3 of you! You know what it is like, the customer, me, gets anxious and wants to know what is happening with their orders / refunds. Better to ask 3 times and get one reply than ask once and not get any!!

Seroiusly though, i will pm one of you from now on. It was in frustration that i had to pm 3 of you!! Christmas is coming, Scan are busy, so are Ebuyer but i had my stack of goods that i ordered from them the same time i ordered from you this morning!! And that was free delivery too!!

I still put Scan first, just you need to sort out a few thing guys.

1. Refunds, i.e, moving things along a bit faster

2. Stock / Ordering problem (Paying for goods advertised in stock when they are not)

3. Delivery, getting things out on time.

Merry christmas!!
    Last edited by Koolpc; 28-11-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks
    • Giraffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 5675C, S 1150, Broadwell, Quad Core, 3.1GHz, 3.6GHz Turbo
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600, 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung SSD, 850 Pro, SATA 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Integrated
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G 450W 80+ Gold
      • Case:
      • Antec P100
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2415, 24", 16:10
      • Internet:
      • TP-Link modem-router; 3mbps sync.

Koolpc,

Turn on your fans!

I'm waiting for a refund from 2 weeks ago - but I'd decided to let it ride for 3 weeks, as I know what baks and CC companies are like. It's not as if it's gone from my account yet, so I'm losing nothing.
    ChrisP has dealt with it for me and I'm happy (for another week ).
    PeterC

Political lubricant:

Rocket WMD45

Thanks

Koolpc,

All orders are processed in exactly the same way therefore to suggest that we are delaying orders due to the shipping costs is wrong.

The delivery is next day from point of dispatch regardless of whether the order has a delivery charge or not.

As we have just taken stock of an item which is nearly impossible to source at the moment and we had a very large amount of orders for this one product from the last 4 weeks alone meant that it was always going to be difficult to dispatch 100% of the orders that were due for yesterday however the picking and dispatch team are working flat out to get the orders picked and dispatched as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 29-11-2007 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    Thanks

Cheers. Understood. Just annoying when you are eager for some parts!

Thanks
    • Giraffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 5675C, S 1150, Broadwell, Quad Core, 3.1GHz, 3.6GHz Turbo
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600, 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung SSD, 850 Pro, SATA 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Integrated
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G 450W 80+ Gold
      • Case:
      • Antec P100
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2415, 24", 16:10
      • Internet:
      • TP-Link modem-router; 3mbps sync.

My refund was in on 26/11 (the bank hadn't shown it on 28th.), so less than 2 weeks after the order was sent.
    Thanks ChrisP.
    PeterC

Political lubricant:

Rocket WMD45

12. Received thanks from:

Chris P (02-12-2007)

Thanks

Koolpc

We have explained the reason for the delay already and apologised .. You are not entitled to any compensation as the refunds were processed within a reasonable amount of time., which did NOT simply take 4 weeks as you state to the forum.

Thread Closed as this matter has been dealt with and resolved

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 02-12-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Thread Information