Thanks

Re: Disapointed with Scan

Kinetic, You ever been in B&Q?

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    kinetic

We have found since Q-collect que times have improved considerably, how have you found the service since Q-collect.?
    No problems at all, the longest I've had to wait was around 10 minutes.

3. Received thanks from:

Chris P (11-12-2007)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SHare View Post
    Yes, why do you ask lol?

Grumpy Old Git
    Thanks
    • slinger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-K
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell under a Corsair H80i
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 120gb SSD (OS), Crucial M500 250GB, 2TB Hitachi, 1TB Seagate SATA 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX750M
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 200r
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200mb

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    kinetic

We have found since Q-collect que times have improved considerably, how have you found the service since Q-collect.?

I've been coming to Scan for at least the past 9 years I think and I have to say it used to be awful, but I put up with the wait because your prices were so good, but also because your counter guys were very knowledgeable about your products, something that the likes of PC World could never claim. I would call in on my way back to the office from Manchester just to pick something up and I could easily have been there for an hour, which didnt look good when I was meant to be working, so sometimes I would have to walk out and try again some other time. But since Q-collect things have improved greatly, my only "complaint" if you could call it that, is that occasionally you can see your item being passed through "the window" for it to then sit there being ignored while everybody gets handed their gear

You've come a long way as a company since I first started shopping with you, and whilst every company has teething problems at some time or another, you have to be commended for the first class service you provide along with the great prices. (I'm not an ass-licker honest! )

Keep it up!
    Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell | Asus Z87-K | 16gb Corsair DDR3 Vengeance | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB OC | Crucial M500 120gb SSD (OS), Crucial M500 250gb SSD, 2TB & 1TB Sata's | Corsair Carbide 200r | LG 27" LED | Corsair CX750M | Corsair h80i

6. Received thanks from:

Chris P (11-12-2007)

Registered+
    Thanks

Rofl... jason and that woman i belive serving? and some lad collecting for a woman whos leaving ( donatation ) - quite a big lad was dragged to help them, but before hand it was 2 people dealing with a large amount of people.... this was a week ago friday... i did actualy say it seems abit busy and they said " tuesday is the best day as its never to busy "

Thanks

Thanks for the posts guys - on topic and off!

CityLink finally delivered the return this morning, beaten by the midwives though, they managed to deliver my new baby boy at 11.25 last night, both are late, the baby by 15 days, the return took 10 working days.

My wife and baby Samuel are fine. I just wish I had the time to rebuild my PC now!

Have a great Christmas.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks

Excellent news, congratulations!

Good to see you got this sorted, Citylink are a mixed bag to say the least. They seem to be in the process of un-franchising(word?) all their depots to bring them all up to scratch. I've had a couple of bogey deliveries and many good ones.

Just remember, it's Christmas and you've got double the excitement with your new kid. Better get that PC built before the missus starts making you change nappies, otherwise it'll never get built!

Have a good one!

Thanks
    • GSte's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 @ 4.2GHz / TRUE
      • Memory:
      • 6GB GSkill 1600MHz cas6
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Barracuda, 2 x WD 500GB AAKS, 1TB Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX470
      • PSU:
      • NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850W
      • Case:
      • X-Clio Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • XP Home, Vista Home Premium X64, Win7 Home X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 245B
      • Internet:
      • Be Not So Happy

Quote Originally Posted by slinger View Post
    but also because your counter guys were very knowledgeable about your products, something that the likes of PC World could never claim.
    Jason off the sales counter used to work in PC World!

Thanks
    • GSte's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 @ 4.2GHz / TRUE
      • Memory:
      • 6GB GSkill 1600MHz cas6
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Barracuda, 2 x WD 500GB AAKS, 1TB Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX470
      • PSU:
      • NorthQ Black Magic Flex 850W
      • Case:
      • X-Clio Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • XP Home, Vista Home Premium X64, Win7 Home X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 245B
      • Internet:
      • Be Not So Happy

Quote Originally Posted by SHare View Post
    Hell yeah, 20 staff wandering about trying to look busy, massive queues, 2 tills open, 18 closed.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phild71 View Post
    <snip>

Maybe it is time for Scan to listen to their customers and get a new parcel carrier?

Or maybe Scan use City-Link as a way of making their own customer services look efficient? Without doubt they will try and deliver on Monday whilst I am busy with the birth of my first baby. At least that will take my mind off things

Thanks for listening to my rant
    I've never been a great fan of CityLink - partly because their local depot is 25 miles from me. I prefer normal Royal Mail as I can easily collect stuff from the local sorting office. Having said that, I am waiting for something from Orange via the ‘Home Delivery Network’. A very secretive organisation - They left a card on Monday – no depot address for collection, only a note saying they’ll try again tomorrow with a phone number hidden away. I called and said I want to collect. They wouldn’t give me details, I have to give them a phone number and wait for them to call me (“within 24 hours”). 3 days later, no call. I called Orange to get it rerouted to my office – can’t do via Orange, will have to call carrier but have managed to lose the card. No phone number or depot location on web site. There’s more but I won’t bore you! At least CityLink are easier to deal with.

I have also had problems with ParcelF*rce...

have always had *excellent* service from Scan over a number of years. I highly recommend them.

(standard disclaimer re no personal relationship with them other than satisfied customer)

Rgrds

Peter

Thanks

Congratulations Phil. Hope you and yours have a very peaceful Christmas.In the big scheme of things I think you will look back and realise its Christmas, you were a bit unlucky and there are more important things.

Maybe test the MB now just in case and a fast trouble free rebuild for you. Citylink have always been fine for me.

Thanks

Thanks Tigger,your words of reason are appreciated.

Scan think CityLink will deliver it tomorrow. I am past caring now, with my wife now in hospital I have more pressing matters! I just wanted to express my anger at the time, maybe it will help other people who are considering returning an item to Scan. Don't expect your return process to happen smoothly. Also don't beleive the les that you will be told by Scan. If I had known i would take so long at the outset I might be a bit less dissapointed. The fact that they managed to test my motherboard and authorise a replacement within 3 hours of receiving it was what led me to beleive the whole process might happen quickly. I have now waited over a week and half for them to get the replacement to me. I did discuss an alternative/upgrade with Scan when the Motherboard first went out of stock early last week, but decided to persevere - maybe that was my mistake.

As regards CityLink, what is a good service from them? 90% of parcels delivered on time, 10%? I don't know, all I know is I'm currently experiencing 0% success.
    Just to add a little to the City Link saga, when I buy things and there is a choice of postage I ALWAYS opt for City Link why? because not even once have they let me down I could set a clock to within 15 minutes of when my delivery will arrive, maybe in my area they work it different but they get it right EVERY time.

So I would imagine Scan will do figures and notice that in this area they have zero complaints and maybe in others the same so they choose to use City Link and believe they are doing right, of course I believe they are because I have always had perfect transactions, I am one of the biggest moaners there is I could win a copetition for it I'm so good but today after reading time and time again about delivery problems I thought it might help to note it's not all bad.

Sorry for hyjacking your thread and I hope your sorted out now.

Thanks

Thanks for the posts guys - on topic and off!

CityLink finally delivered the return this morning, beaten by the midwives though, they managed to deliver my new baby boy at 11.25 last night, both are late, the baby by 15 days, the return took 10 working days.

My wife and baby Samuel are fine. I just wish I had the time to rebuild my PC now!

Have a great Christmas.

Cheers

Phil
    Very nice to hear hope you have a great Christmas and lets hope the New Year brings you all plenty of joy and happiness.

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

Just on the flip side iv order 3-4 full computer systems and numerous components through scan over the last few years and iv always been amazed at how good their customer service is, the prices they offer & just the way they treat their customers.

I know there is always the odd problem, but i wouldnt hold it against them. Im yet to find a better customer service team.

Last edited by Andeh13; 13-12-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Thread Information