Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont believe the costomer service claims from scan.

Thanks

Dont believe the costomer service claims from scan.

I bought the components for a self-build from scan in November and I could never get a beep on and post. There tecnical support is useless - all they told me is what I already know then to post off the motherboard ram and cpu to them at my expence, and that anything not arriving in their depot in the condition they sent it, im going to be punished for.

Basically im thinking that Scan off-load dead components on you and make it finacially crippling to recieve your rights to returning an unworking product.

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Re: Dont believe the costomer service claims from scan.

november 07 and you're trying to sort it out now? if it was broken when you first got it why didn't you return it within 7 days and get a refund + postage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    november 07 and you're trying to sort it out now? if it was broken when you first got it why didn't you return it within 7 days and get a refund + postage.
    Because A) I didnt know what was wrong with it by 7 days after purchace(it took that long to get various tech supports to state the obvious. B) I didnt even know of a 7 day refund period as Im a busy student not a person who looks up small print on the countless people who can possibally set conditions on a computer component purchase. C) There was a thing called Christmas frenzy, where no one is bothered with returns, rather than getting stuff out of the door and cash in.
    Last edited by ghostofmaxwell; 13-01-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks
    • b0redom's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • CPU:
      • 3.4Ghz Quad Core i7
      • Memory:
      • 24GB
      • Storage:
      • 3TB Fusion Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nViidia GTX 680MX
      • PSU:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • Case:
      • Late 2012 pointlessly thin iMac enclosure
      • Operating System:
      • OSX 10.8 / Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2713H
      • Internet:
      • Be+

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofmaxwell View Post
    Im a busy student....

Seriously though, sounds like you've not had the best experience, hopefully someone here from Scan will help try and sort it out....

Thanks
    • educatedfool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Infinity CFX3200/AM2
      • CPU:
      • AMD AM2 X2 6000 3.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500Gb Sata II
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD2900XT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 900W Tagan
      • Case:
      • Antec 900, better than a hoover
      • Operating System:
      • XP32 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 22" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb BT

My experience has been good, unfortunately you can't expect someone to be 100% all the time, the best you can hope is that you are not one of the few % who have a bad experience, that is true for every retailer. In october all the bits and bobs for my build arrived on monday instead of paid saturday delivery (it wasn't even scans fault), an email and a phone call later refunded the difference. I gave up on trying to get my postage refund from Aria after a few phone calls.

Thanks

Suggesting that scan knowingly sell dead components is ridiculous. Scan, like any other busty retailer wouldn't have the time to test every component they sell and if they did they would have to break seals which would most likely cause complaints of them selling 2nd hand gear. It is frustrating when you complete a build to find you have a faulty part but maybe you should complain to the manufacturers QC department and not the reseller.

Registered+
    Thanks

I dont know where people get this from, iv spend £1000s(3 full PCs + assorted components) with scan over the last few years and had a few dead components etc but they have always been replaced quickly & efficiently. Im about 2 build my 4th PC and i havnt even bothered looking at other companies, scan always works out cheaper overall, that combined with free delivery & EXCELLENT customer service just clench the deal.

Just my 2 cents though.

Thanks
    • grayg1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Patriot Viper 3 (x2 8GB, x2 4GB)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 240GB M500 | 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1

post off the motherboard ram and cpu to them at my expence, and that anything not arriving in their depot in the condition they sent it, im going to be punished for.
    I am having a hard time believing that. Did you ask for a refund or something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cellado View Post
    I dont know where people get this from, iv spend £1000s(3 full PCs + assorted components) with scan over the last few years and had a few dead components etc but they have always been replaced quickly & efficiently. Im about 2 build my 4th PC and i havnt even bothered looking at other companies, scan always works out cheaper overall, that combined with free delivery & EXCELLENT customer service just clench the deal.

Just my 2 cents though.
    I get this from the emails I've received from scan to return 3 components out of my order and the basic disinterest on customer satisfaction. Free delivery?? you are having a laugh arent you? I never got offered free delivery for the order of the products in the first place or the return of faulty components.

I dont know how "Scan" can think people cant see through their plants.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 14-01-2008 at 12:17 PM.

NOT Banned
    Thanks

I get this from the emails I've received from scan to return 3 components out of my order and the basic disinterest on customer satisfaction. Free delivery?? you are having a laugh arent you? I never got offered free delivery for the order of the products in the first place or the return of faulty components.

I dont know how "Scan" can think people cant see through their plants.
    free delivery only applies to regular contributors at over here at hexus and elsewhere. ie posting constructively and just hanging around this nice forum. I say just wait till Monday and probably Chris will post asking for invoice and such so they can look into this.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 14-01-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grayg1 View Post
    I am having a hard time believing that. Did you ask for a refund or something?
    Thats becxause you work for scans undercover post good things about them department?

Quote Originally Posted by Scanemail
    This email is to confirm that RMA ****** has been issued for the following items:

GBYTE GA-N650SLI-DS4L S775 -
    Intel PentiumDCore E2140 1.6GH -
    1G Micron DDR2 800 PC6400 CL5 -

** PLEASE NOTE **

YOUR RMA WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT ENSURE IT IS VERY CAREFULLY AND ADEQUATELY
    PACKAGED, USING SIMILAR METHODS TO THE ONES WE USED ORIGINALLY ie. Use plenty of
    bubble wrap and external boxes to protect the product(s) from being damaged on the
    return courier journey.

Please do not mark the packaging or items with any RMA information as items received
    back at Scan not in original condition will be subject to a restocking fee of up to
    25%. A loose sheet of paper with the RMA information on is more than adequate.

Please return the goods to the following address clearly marking the 'RMA 174407' on
    a piece of paper loosely inside the parcel. Please note that proof of delivery may
    be required.

Returns Dept.
    Scan Computers
    27-28 Enterprise Park
    Middlebrook
    Horwich
    Bolton
    BL6 6PE

RMA 174407 will expire if the items are not received by 17 January 2008. Items
    failing to reach Scan by the deadline cannot be processed and will require you to
    obtain a new RMA number. You can track the progress of your RMA on the Scan site at
    Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK with your invoice number and RMA
    number.

Please note that all Scan Terms and Conditions apply on returned items, these may be
    viewed at Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

This email is automatically generated, please do not reply as the mailbox is not
    manned, however, please use the OLQ system via the following link:
    Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
    Last edited by Mick@SCAN; 15-01-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: rma number/scil numbers removed

Thanks
    • grayg1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Patriot Viper 3 (x2 8GB, x2 4GB)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 240GB M500 | 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1

Thats becxause you work for scans undercover post good things about them department?
    lol not a chance I can link you to a topic where last year I had a terrible experience with Scan (all sorted in the end though).

Anyway you didn't ask for a refund then? You just want warranty replacements right? well then...

items received back at Scan not in original condition will be subject to a restocking fee of up to
    25%.
    That doesn't apply if you are just asking for a replacement, it's just a standard RMA auto email.

I just think you have jumped the gun a little on the criticism, anyway here's the topic http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...y-unhappy.html

Registered+
    Thanks

You're obviously unhappy with the service you have received but surely anyone with an ounce of common sense would ask for help politely but firmly via this support forum. Slanderous remarks won't get you anywhere fast I'm afraid. If you browse this forum you will see that most issues are resolved amicably given the right attitude.

Yay a custom user title! =assassin='s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    free delivery only applies to regular contributors at over here at hexus and elsewhere. ie posting constructively and just hanging around this nice forum. I say just wait till Monday and probably Chris will post asking for invoice and such so they can look into this.
    Ooh, an incentive for me to hang around here more..... I don't post much on forums in general any more anyway though :/

Thanks
    • Madafwo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6TD Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 24Gb Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Drive of some description
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560Ti 448 Core
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 40" TV
      • Internet:
      • O2 8Mb @ 8Mb

It does sound like a dead motherboard, no beeps at all and looking at the motherboards compatibility listing everything looks fine. (Have checked your other thread, where you lay into Scan again and then request help from their forum)

Having looked at this it does look like Scan are offering the get all 3 items back in just incase one of the other items could be causing the issue or be faulty as well. How annoyed would you be if you sent the board back, got a replacement and then found out the memory was also causing an issue? I can guarantee that you'd be seriously pissed off and no doubt blame Scan for it, even though all they have done is get it from a supplier and sell it on to you.

It's annoying to see a large number of people lay into the Scan team for various reasons and then expect them to bend over backwards to get it sorted for them.

I hope your issue does get sorted and quickly too as it is very frustrating when things go wrong, expecially with a system that you have been looking forward to getting working.

With regards to postage you might want to check out Parcels 2 Go to see if they could offer a cheaper rate.

Thanks

I just want the customer service and free return delivery for their faulty items that their plants brag about. I dont want to spend £15 plus recorded delivery charge for them to reject my parcel because the motherboard box is a bit bent as I tried building the system in it. Then get held to ransom to pay 25% restock fee blarr blarr blarr.
    Last edited by ghostofmaxwell; 13-01-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information